The Silly and Mischievous Canucks do Christmas - Dec 2015 PTR - Update 12/13

I can't believe how close you are getting. So excited for you!!

In other non-Disney news I have officially booked my trip to Turkey for April.

That is amazing!! I love Disney too, but I love that you are getting to see some other parts of the world!!

make sure you post lots of pics!!! :)

You know us, pictures galore!

I can't believe how close you are getting. So excited for you!!

I'm starting to get more excited now that we are almost at the one week mark. I got my hair done today in as it was my last full day off before we leave. Got rid of the caramel highlights and went for a chocolate brown colour with copper and auburn highlights.

I also did a small bit of Black Friday shopping. Nothing for the trip though.

I have to buckle down and clean/pack in my little bit of down time on Monday/Tuesday so that I am not forced to do a rush job next Saturday. I'm starting to feel the pressure!

That is amazing!! I love Disney too, but I love that you are getting to see some other parts of the world!!

I definitely have the travel bug. I think it comes from growing up a navy brat and moving around all the time and taking my first international trip to Egypt as a baby. It's in my blood.

I'm feeling a bit nervous about having bought the plane tickets to Turkey as since we bought them the attacks in Paris happened and now Turkey/Russia are "disagreeing". I'm hoping that things don't escalate as I really don't want to cancel my trip especially as the plane tickets were so expensive! I'm trying to stay optimistic though and hope for the best. I have been planning this trip for two years!

I'm feeling a bit nervous about having bought the plane tickets to Turkey as since we bought them the attacks in Paris happened and now Turkey/Russia are "disagreeing". I'm hoping that things don't escalate as I really don't want to cancel my trip especially as the plane tickets were so expensive! I'm trying to stay optimistic though and hope for the best. I have been planning this trip for two years!
I thought of you when I heard about the plane. I'm not sure what Canada is doing but here all flights to Sharm in Egypt have been cancelled till at least January!

I thought of you when I heard about the plane. I'm not sure what Canada is doing but here all flights to Sharm in Egypt have been cancelled till at least January!

I've not heard of Canada cancelling any flights but I doubt there would have been any direct flights to Sharm from here; would have had to connect in places like Heathrow, Paris etc. There have been a lot of international and national flights that have received fake bomb threats and have had to divert and do emergency landings. I really don't understand people/the world. :sad2:

The way I am looking at this Turkey trip is that I have just as much chance of being a victim of some kind of attack if I traveled to London, New York, Toronto, etc. Pretty much any big or important Western city. So I am not going to live my life not traveling because something might happen. I have a higher chance of being killed in a car accident. That being said I also won't deliberately travel into a war zone and so I'm crossing my fingers that Turkey and Russia don't escalate to that level.

Lessa enjoy your trip !!Hope all goes well for Turkey too!! Can't wait for pix of all of you , The Bros Grimm will not disappoint I am sure !!

6 days until Disney!

Only a few short days until we leave for a wonderful week at Disney. I still have not started packing or any form of getting ready to go. :laughing:

Today my goal is to recheck rental car prices to see if I can get a better deal now that we are closer to departure day. I'm also hoping to start going through my closet and pulling things that I might take on the trip with me.

Thursday is my only day off from work so my plan is to get the actual packing done on that day. The rest of the week I will hopefully do a little cleaning and sorting of clothing each day.

Reviewing our plans I have cut back on a lot of dining reservations since I first started planning. As it stands we now have reservations at:

Be Our Guest lunch
Via Napoli Candlelight Processional Package
Sci-Fi lunch
Boma breakfast

The rest of the time will be counter service or eating off property.

Weather is still looking decent so here's hoping that it stays that way. I'd love some pool time!

6 days until Disney!

Only a few short days until we leave for a wonderful week at Disney. I still have not started packing or any form of getting ready to go. :laughing:

Today my goal is to recheck rental car prices to see if I can get a better deal now that we are closer to departure day. I'm also hoping to start going through my closet and pulling things that I might take on the trip with me.

Thursday is my only day off from work so my plan is to get the actual packing done on that day. The rest of the week I will hopefully do a little cleaning and sorting of clothing each day.

Reviewing our plans I have cut back on a lot of dining reservations since I first started planning. As it stands we now have reservations at:

Be Our Guest lunch
Via Napoli Candlelight Processional Package
Sci-Fi lunch
Boma breakfast

The rest of the time will be counter service or eating off property.

Weather is still looking decent so here's hoping that it stays that way. I'd love some pool time!
Don't forget to check for rental deals, I just rebooked mine!

Only 5 short days until Christmas at Disney and 3 days left at work (trying to get things wrapped up there and ready for a big meeting when I get back) !! Like Lessa I have not started to pack yet I really need to start working on it. I am looking forward to spending time my my family this trip and at Christmas and creating some lasting memories, as Erich will be moving across the country in early January. Thank you Lessa for all the time and thought you have put into the planning and organizing of this holiday!

3 days, 21 hours, 56 minutes and 07 secs until we arrive in Orlando and family fun commences and 1 day left at work!!

Two days until vacation!

Today is my day off and I have spent the morning trying to pick out what clothes to pack. I have a few things picked out but today seems to be one of those "I hate how all my clothing looks on me" kind of days. At this rate this trip may be a repeat of our 1997 Christmas trip when I was in my "don't take my picture!" phase. :laughing: There is absolutely no photo evidence that I was on that trip. I have my dress picked out for our "nice family photo" that Mom wants but eve that I was not a huge fan of today. All I need to buy before the trip is a pair of black tights as I hate my legs and refuse to have them bare in a photo that is likely to be displayed somewhere others will see it. It is a red dress with a black sweater so the black tights should look just fine.

In other news I found out today that I have been granted a temporary full-time line since one of our permanent full-timers is likely to be off for several months due to an injury. This is great news as it means I will have a regular schedule for at least a few months. It will be nice to have some regularity to my schedule. As a part-timer I have been been working full-time hours and lots of overtime but the schedule is all over the place. With the full-time line I will get four 12-hour shifts in a row followed by five days off and any shifts they call me for above that will be overtime pay. That is fantastic compared to what I am currently doing. For example, this week I worked day shifts Saturday and Sunday and then a night shift on Monday followed by a day shift on Wednesday and then another night shift tomorrow night (Friday). The only hiccup might be having to work Christmas Day depending on when they want me to start in the full-time line.

I can't believe how close your trip is!! And who cares what you wear lol you will be at DISNEY!!!

I really need to finish packing. But every time I go in my room Hope follows. I'm going to have to give that girl more school work!

You are much further along then me Lessa, I haven't even looked at clothes. Was at the dentist today getting the pre-crown work done, and was told that I will have to be very careful of what I eat as to not break the temp crown. So I will have to behave:(he also gave me some good pain killers and antibiotics should I run into any problems while I am away, he said that sometimes that people will have severe pain when flying after having dental work done due to the cabin pressurization). Bring on the Dole Whips!!. I have been working really hard to lose some weight (I have lost close to 50 lbs) and was afraid to blowing it at Disney and putting some weight back on, well, now I don't have to worry as I have to be careful as to not damage the temp crown or tooth. So I have been re-looking at menu's, I may be on a "see food" diet :) I will have a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter