• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Silly and Mischievous Canucks do Christmas - Dec 2015 PTR - Update 12/13

I didn't get alerts when you updated. I love reading your reports and your pictures are always wonderful. We are going to see Joe Morton too for the Candlelight. Our trips are getting so close. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

I didn't get alerts when you updated. I love reading your reports and your pictures are always wonderful. We are going to see Joe Morton too for the Candlelight. Our trips are getting so close. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

I have Scandal on my list of things to watch so maybe I will know who Joe Morton is by the time we get to see him in December! :laughing:

Fastpass Day

Can't believe it has taken me this long to getting around to posting about my fastpass day! I thought my work hours might decrease now that summer is over but that has not been the case at all.

So, last Wednesday was my fastpass day. I worked 7-3 that day on ver little sleep and I was really tempted to just go home and nap but I knew that if I let myself fall asleep I could very likely sleep right through my midnight booking window. So instead I called up Alek and we went out to dinner and to see The Martian. I great movie by the way and unexpectedly funny!

It was really hard staying awake until midnight despite guzzling down caffeine but I did manage to keep my eyes propped open.

I started off with our Magic Kingdom day. When I had checked earlier in the day on a certain site it showed that Anna and Elsa were still available on that day, well, no such luck, all gone by the time I got to it. None available on our party day either. I did manage to snag one on our departure day. My original plan was to leave that day open for us to go wherever we felt we wanted more time but now it looks as though it will be an MK day but we may pass on the Anna and Elsa fastpass if we find that we would rather spend more time at Epcot on departure day.

I was successful with the rest of our fastpasses.

I'm not able to pull up MDE right now but we got all the fastpasses that we wanted. Some of the rides I got Fastpasses for on multiple days just in case we want to ride them multiple times.

Magic Kingdom:
Seven Dwarves x3 - MK day, party day, departure day
Big Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Anna and Elsa
Cinderella and Rapunzel

Epcot:
Soarin
Spaceship Earth
Character Meet and Greet

Animal Kingdom:
Safari
Everest
Dinosaur

Hollywood Studios:
Toy Story x2
Frozen Singalong
Tower of Terror
Star Tours

Some of these may change over time and once we get there but we got the major ones I feel so all should be well!

I didn't get alerts either.

We're at WDW right now :) Treehouse villa.

I'm a little out of touch so you may already know this, but today at Epcot we saw what looked like a new pavilion being constructed at Epcot between Mexico and Norway.

I'm a little out of touch so you may already know this, but today at Epcot we saw what looked like a new pavilion being constructed at Epcot between Mexico and Norway.

It is an extension of the Norway Pavilion. It is,going to be a meet and greet area for Anna and Elsa from Frozen.

I've always loved the idea of the Treehouse Villas. Hope you are having a great time and nice weather!

Hey howdy ho!

Super glad you all you wanted even if your A&E aren't until Dep. Day. Still, not bad for getting some really good stuff! Hope you're doing well! I'm so busy I can hardly think, but am determined to make it through and move on.

Sorry you couldn't get Frozen !! I think I caught it before anyone really knew about it and had NO trouble . A lot of your FP+'s are similar to mine especially Epcot which are identical !!!

40 days, it's getting close!!! I am really looking forward to getting away and having a extra special vacation with my kids this year!! Lessa has done a fabulous job in getting all our ADR's and FP+, she has a lot more patience then I. Now I am thinking about what to pack, I am thinking layers is the best way to go, not sure if it is going to be shorts weather, I am thinking more capris'. I am looking forward to seeing all the changes that have been made since the kids and I were last there about 4 years ago, I am looking forward to the food and I may get myself in trouble as I have been working hard to get some weight off (since January I have lost close to 60lbs) and I know I will give myself permission to have a treat or 2 while there and not jump off into the deep end and indulge too much, but if I do I know I will get myself back on track after the holidays.

1 month to vacation!

disney-magic-kingdom-main-street-empty-christmas-fog-bricker-M.jpg

Last edited:
I swear I'm not ignoring you!! Just so incredibly busy and stressed out! I'm barely staying alive here on the DIS! But I'll pop in and say HI as I can. :)

Sorry you couldn't get Frozen !! I think I caught it before anyone really knew about it and had NO trouble . A lot of your FP+'s are similar to mine especially Epcot which are identical !!!

Actually we did get Frozen. We have a FP for the Sing-Along on our DHS day and Anna and Elsa meet and greet on our departure day.

I swear I'm not ignoring you!! Just so incredibly busy and stressed out! I'm barely staying alive here on the DIS! But I'll pop in and say HI as I can. :)

No worries, I haven't posted anything for you to ignore! ;)

Hello there! Not sure if anybody is even reading this anymore due to may lack of posting but I am back now and we have less than a month until our trip! Now that I can say that we are going to Disney NEXT month I am starting to get much more excited. Not that I wasn't excited for the trip before but it just seemed so far off.

I saw that information about this year's Christmas Party was posted. I read about some of the yummy treats that will be on offer. Of interest to me are the cupcakes. First is the Holiday Bear Cupcake with vanilla cake with peanut butter chips and chocolate frosting from The Main Street Bakery.

Screen-Shot-2015-11-06-at-12.05.49-PM.jpg

I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter. On a side note, I found out some DEVASTATING news today. Lindt chocolates has discontinued their amazing chocolate peanut butter truffles. They were the most delicious candy on the planet and I can't understand why they are going away. :sad:

The other cupcake that sounds amazing is located in Gaston's Tavern. It is a Holiday Tree cupcake. It is made with spiced cake and infused with orange zest, cinnamon, clove and star anise—topped with sprinkles, buttercream icing and an edible star. Sounds amazing!

Gastons-Tavern-Holiday-cupcake-1.jpg

I found this information on the Disney Food blog.

In other news the map and schedule for the Christmas Party were released so now I can try and plan out how we want to navigate the party.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mick...ristmas-party-2015-guide-map.htm#&gid=1&pid=2

Hello there! Not sure if anybody is even reading this anymore due to may lack of posting but I am back now and we have less than a month until our trip! Now that I can say that we are going to Disney NEXT month I am starting to get much more excited. Not that I wasn't excited for the trip before but it just seemed so far off.

I saw that information about this year's Christmas Party was posted. I read about some of the yummy treats that will be on offer. Of interest to me are the cupcakes. First is the Holiday Bear Cupcake with vanilla cake with peanut butter chips and chocolate frosting from The Main Street Bakery.

Screen-Shot-2015-11-06-at-12.05.49-PM.jpg

I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter. On a side note, I found out some DEVASTATING news today. Lindt chocolates has discontinued their amazing chocolate peanut butter truffles. They were the most delicious candy on the planet and I can't understand why they are going away. :sad:

The other cupcake that sounds amazing is located in Gaston's Tavern. It is a Holiday Tree cupcake. It is made with spiced cake and infused with orange zest, cinnamon, clove and star anise—topped with sprinkles, buttercream icing and an edible star. Sounds amazing!

Gastons-Tavern-Holiday-cupcake-1.jpg

I found this information on the Disney Food blog.

In other news the map and schedule for the Christmas Party were released so now I can try and plan out how we want to navigate the party.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mick...ristmas-party-2015-guide-map.htm#&gid=1&pid=2

Lol, I'm trying to do this from my phone.

I'm super excited to say I'mgoing next month!

Have you started packing?

Lol, I'm trying to do this from my phone.

I'm super excited to say I'mgoing next month!

Have you started packing?

Nope, no packing yet. I am a terrible last minute packer. I'm hoping that this trip I will be packed at least by the morning before we leave rather than still throwing stuff in my suitcase minutes before departure. :laughing:

Loved reading your plans! We are there around the same time as you (we are Canadians too) but staying offsite.

You were lucky with your fp! We are only day 3 of being able to book and just did mk. 7dmt and A&E are gone...oh well...rope drop for those I guess! Not the end of the world.

Have a great trip...I look forward to reading more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter