The Running Thread--2024

Anyone in Canada able to stream the Boston Marathon coverage? Apparently it's through TSN, but I cannot get it to work.

Anyone in Canada able to stream the Boston Marathon coverage? Apparently it's through TSN, but I cannot get it to work.

WCVB Boston streams it.

https://www.wcvb.com/nowcast

I don’t think it’s georestricted, but a VPN could get around that.

Let’s all cheer on @xjillianpaige and @dis_or_dat as they tackle the race on a sunny (and too warm)day. Heading off soon for my volunteer shift.

I started to look for coverage online then realized my cable NBC affiliate here in VT is out of Boston! :banana:

Looking for some suggestions. I have always wore a running belt during long runs to hold my phone, keys, and on course fuel. But it has always felt very bulky. Also, it’s awkward because sometimes will tuck my singlet in or sometimes I will wrap the belt over the untucked singlet (never have the singlet over the top of the belt in fear of the belt rubbing against my stomach). Trying to look for something sleeker. Usually during a marathon I will carry 6 packs of Gu. So that just adds to the bulkiness. I really wish I could not carry any fuel at all, but don’t think that will happen. I would even look at changing to less bulky fuel if any had any suggestions there.

I’m a fan of tight shorts with pockets. Lots of options out there. I’ve worn Nike, Lululemon, and Brooks. Most of mine get a lot of use and last no more than 1-1.5 years though. I usually carry four gels and concentrated tailwind in a 5oz bottle.

Looking for some suggestions. I have always wore a running belt during long runs to hold my phone, keys, and on course fuel. But it has always felt very bulky. Also, it’s awkward because sometimes will tuck my singlet in or sometimes I will wrap the belt over the untucked singlet (never have the singlet over the top of the belt in fear of the belt rubbing against my stomach). Trying to look for something sleeker. Usually during a marathon I will carry 6 packs of Gu. So that just adds to the bulkiness. I really wish I could not carry any fuel at all, but don’t think that will happen. I would even look at changing to less bulky fuel if any had any suggestions there.
I wear women's shorts, but I have to agree with the recommendation for Janji. I love their women's pace shorts. I also carry a handheld Nathan water bottle that has a pouch. I barely feel it when I'm running anymore.

Speaking of shorts, does anyone have a good pair of running shorts with pockets without an inner liner that they can recommend? I wear compression shorts underneath and it's very hard to find running shorts without a liner. I know I can always cut the liner out, but I hate having to do that.

I'm asking for everyones advice about shoes. When is enough, enough?

View attachment 851590

View attachment 851591

My Guide 15s have had some pretty obvious holes in the uppers for a few months and I'm wondering if I should change them. The soles look pretty decent still. I've only run about 325km/200 miles in them so I have to admit I'm disappointed in Saucony about the quality of the uppers, but they're really great overall trainers.
200 miles and holes like that? Crazy. I wouldn't run in them anymore with that kind of wear, even if it isn't that many miles. But I'm speaking as someone that has a closet full of unboxed shoes waiting to go at any time, and who only gets 200-250 miles out of a pair of shoes anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter