The Running Thread--2024

ATTQOTD: I only have four resolutions this year:
1) Strength training - I need to make this a series part of my training.
2) Read for fun more, I just don’t think about it but when I do read something I really enjoy it.
3) Run 4 Michigan Marathons - starting with Groundhog Day Marathon in Grand Rapids next month.
4) Never forget running is not guaranteed, treat the opportunity like the privilege that it is.

I did a 9 mile run tonight! I’m a bit worried that my plan has me going a 10 miler next weekend when it seems most of the dumbo crew is tapering. But I’m happy i was able to complete it after a hard crash snow tubing last week.

I dont have official resolutions but some goals.

Drop 10-20 lbs
Stop drinking diet soda 😭
Get some more date nights on the calendar with DH
Go to the Dentist (long story- but I’ve been avoiding it)
Find a PCP and get a physical

ATTQOTD: My NY resolutions or goals are primarily running related. I decided no full marathon training in 2023 with a goal of getting faster in shorter distance races While I was mostly successful, I did get less consistent with my running and that’s something I want to change.

2024 Goals:
First Half:
- Complete the C2C challenge - I’m running both the MW and DL half.
- Train for a sub-2 hour half marathon. Target race is in May
- Successfully register for Dopey 2025 ( this may be the hardest!)

Second half of 2024- Dopey training

i also want to get back into my routine of including strength training. This is something else I got away from in 2023.

ATTQOTD: my 2024 resolution is to actually lift some weights. I did better in 2023 than 2022 but still LOTS of room to improve. I’d like to hit 1500 miles again but I’m going to listen to my body and take as much rest as it needs after the marathon on Sunday.

Happy New Year everyone! Got an easy 2 miles in yesterday in freezing temps with brutal wind.

Resolutions-
More strength training (I say this every year, lol!)
Get my anxiety under control (starting with a dr appt today!)
Work on speed

Drop 10-20 lbs
I'm in the same boat, but it's currently stuck in the river of denial. Cherry Coke Zero is fine, really. I only have a few cans a week - 8 max! Please don't make me give up Cherry Coke again 😢

If you need a buddy for strength, PM me. We can keep each other on the wagon 🤠

ATTQOTD:

1. Get back into the habit of flossing my teeth.
2. PR my 10k.
3. Finish the Princess Half Marathon.
4. Do NOT train for something over the summer because it's just too hot. Work on strength training instead in case I do the 2025 marathon.
5. Scroll less and read/write more.

QOTD. My fitness related goals for 2024 are:
  • Run a 5K faster than 19:00 again and a 10K under 40:00 again.
  • PR a 1 mile race.
  • Finally join a local open water rowing league.
  • More consistent weight training.
  • If all works out I'd also like to add another state to my "race a half or longer in all 50 states" list. All of our current travel plans this year are to places I've been and I'm not sure what the fall will look like quite yet but I really want to add a new state to my list.

I'm in the same boat, but it's currently stuck in the river of denial. Cherry Coke Zero is fine, really. I only have a few cans a week - 8 max! Please don't make me give up Cherry Coke again 😢

If you need a buddy for strength, PM me. We can keep each other on the wagon 🤠
Sounds good! Diet Dr Pepper is my vice- it’s just so good. I’m not quite ready to give it up yet… but getting ready to be ready, lol!

ATTQOTD: My New Year's Resolution is not to make any New Year's resolutions. :flower1:

Run 4 Michigan Marathons - starting with Groundhog Day Marathon in Grand Rapids next month.
You are nuts for doing the full Groundhog! I'm signed up for the half again, but honestly, I might skip it, especially if there's a lot of snow on the ground. After doing it for 8 consecutive years, my heart just isn't in it.

Sounds good! Diet Dr Pepper is my vice- it’s just so good. I’m not quite ready to give it up yet… but getting ready to be ready, lol!
If I do drink soda I go full bore. It's healthier than diet anyway, and my go-to is Dr Pepper. I drink it once in a blue moon really, and I try to savor it. The hard part is I now work at a company that has a fully stocked drinks fridge, with full cans instead of the little cans. If I'm in a bad mood, that Dr. Pepper calls to me.

Happy New Year to all the DIS friends! 🫶

I celebrated New Years Day at a group run with my local running store where it started and ended with doughnuts. 🍩 Can't go wrong there.....

ATTQOTD:
1) Spend a little more time on these boards when I can swing it...I haven't been here in months and missed it!
2) Still working on my sub-two hour half marathon time for 2024 (almost there!)
3) Have BIG fun at Princess Weekend next month. 👑

💜

AttQOTD - goals for 2024:
- consistency. I need to get more consistent both with running and strength. I’m consistent during a training plan, but I fall off when I don’t have a training plan telling me what to do
- figure out what’s going on with my mental health. This is tangentially running related, since I’ll get in moods where I can’t get myself to run or do anything for weeks at a time. I hate it, so I need to figure out what’s going on.
- this is an ambitious goal, but I’d like to get a corral A POT for wine and dine at the Cherry Blossom 10 miler.

I did a 9 mile run tonight! I’m a bit worried that my plan has me going a 10 miler next weekend when it seems most of the dumbo crew is tapering. But I’m happy i was able to complete it after a hard crash snow tubing last week.

Drop 10-20 lbs
Get some more date nights on the calendar with DH
Go to the Dentist (long story- but I’ve been avoiding it)
Find a PCP and get a physical
Kudos on dropping the sodas. Ditch both the regular and the diet kind. The regular is full of sugar and the diet stuff causes carb cravings. I now drink bubbly water, sometimes the plain and sometimes the flavored kind. Or, if it isn't too late, tea, with just a bit of sugar to it isn't totally unsweet.
[getting down off my soap box]....

Kudos on dropping the sodas. Ditch both the regular and the diet kind. The regular is full of sugar and the diet stuff causes carb cravings. I now drink bubbly water, sometimes the plain and sometimes the flavored kind. Or, if it isn't too late, tea, with just a bit of sugar to it isn't totally unsweet.
[getting down off my soap box]....
Yeah. I know I need to quit it. I basically never drink the full stuff. It’s so tough! I’m debating now or after the DL half. I’m worried about withdrawal headaches affecting my training. I did only have two today which is an embarrassing reduction of my normal… but it’s a win!

Yeah. I know I need to quit it. I basically never drink the full stuff. It’s so tough! I’m debating now or after the DL half. I’m worried about withdrawal headaches affecting my training. I did only have two today which is an embarrassing reduction of my normal… but it’s a win!
If it helps for motivation, I basically quit soda in high school after dealing with a stress fracture for most of my lacrosse season freshman year. That summer my dad read BU did a study on soda in mice, and had data it causes stress fractures. I went from 3 sodas a day to 0.

Does anyone else get really sore from speed workouts? This does not generally happen to me, but my left leg (I couldn't really tell if it was my hamstring or quadricep or perhaps both) was really sore following my interval workout of 4 x 1.5 miles. It lasted for most of my rest day yesterday up until the early evening. Nonetheless, the human body is amazing as it recovers from soreness because I woke up today and it was like the soreness was never there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter