• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2021

ATTQOTD:
  1. Complete the virtuals I'm signed up for (Fairy Tale Challenge in Feb and SW 1/2 by March)
  2. Keep my weight loss off
  3. Start the Galloway marathon training program with a goal of completing Dopey in 2022
    1. Actually be able to register for Dopey in 2022
So far I'm 4.5 miles into the new year, and things are looking good :)

ATTQOTD: I’m going to keep my running goals for 2021 simple. Overall, I just want to see a return to live races locally and at Disney. More specifically:

• Complete Blackbeard’s Revenge 100k on the NC outer banks at the end of March
  • Establish a new PoT at the Tobacco Road Marathon, which has been rescheduled from March to mid-May in hopes of conditions permitting the race
  • Register for 2022 Dopey
  • Keep my running volume up and stay healthy

ATTQOTD: My main goal this year is focusing on a hopeful return to Marathon Weekend in 2022! If the race weekend is able to return in person, my crazy side is still thinking about Dopey, so that’s my mindset as I start the year. If registration opens and I can’t get into Dopey, Plan B is either Goofy or the 10K & Marathon.

Potentially training for something like Dopey is a big undertaking, but it’s also been a goal of mine to improve my 5K time. I keep saying that and it doesn’t really happen, but I’d like to make it a focus this year.

I have to say this is the hardest year to set goals. Two reason 1) not sure when certain races will happen. 2) I am at the upper end of my age group, historically I get whipped by those in the lower end. When you get to by my age (54 in triathlon years) - those 50 year olds are just faster.

1000 miles running 3000 biking is the standard for the last 5 years

ATTQOTD:
  • My first goal for 2021 is to finish my Dopey training plan and run a cold/snowy/virtual Dopey January 7-10. (3 more training runs before the start!)
  • Run my first ever marathon distance on January 10th.
  • Register and participate in the 25th Annual Canmore Rocky Mountain Half Marathon (September 12, 2021)
  • Register and participate in the W&D challenge in 2021.
  • Register and participate in the Dopey Challenge in January 2022.
  • Keep up my running in 2021 and have a training plan to get me to the previous three goals healthy.
  • Convince some of my friends and family to join me for any of the distances in WDW.

Happy New Year all! I drank a Shirley Temple and fell asleep 40 min into “Soul” (before 9pm) last night. Happy to report that we finished the movie today and I ran 5 miles... let me know if you need party tips ;)

ATTQOTD:
It feels like 2021 will be a year of change for our family, but I’d like to:
-continue to run consistently and injury free
-complete an “in person” race
-run more outside/ more stroller runs
-return to drinking 100oz water daily (holidays killed this... pass the coffee!)

@camaker i was just looking at the Tobacco Road marathon today as a potential BQ. Though I will be honest thinking of it for 2022 as I am not convinced about races before summer of 2021. I also have no idea what BAA has for plans yet. I am speculating I will need a race in 2022 to sign up for April 2023, no idea what Boston will look like for 2021 or 2022. Dang another year and I get 5 more minute. Please let me know what you think of the race.

ATTQOTD:

1) Finish off the Space Coast Marathon Big Bang Series. 3 years of marathons done, just 1 more to go, and this years theme is the Space Shuttle program.
2) Register for a live race weekend at Disney. I've been registered for 3 canceled due to Covid weekends, eventually one of these needs to be held!
3) Stretch Goal: Get my half marathon time down to sub-1:50. Going to be tough without any live races on the horizon to keep me motivated to train, but we'll see what happens.

ATTQOTD:

1) Be more consistent with my running and don't quit and re-start several times a year. I've got a dog now, so I hope the fact that I have to "go out" anyway will help with that.
2) Run 1,000 miles
3) Finish my first non-Dopey marathon in October
4) Do some strength training at least once a week

To start, here are the goals from last year's running thread: 1: Run a half or full in both the spring and fall. 2. Continue the strength training I’ve recently started.
I ran a winter half that was likely my slowest to date. That feels like it was about 10,000 years ago now. Geez. And I ran a half alone around the streets of my little town- a bunch of weird loops because we don't have that much uninterrupted road- after Flying Pig got pushed back. I did strength train off and on through out the year.

I feel decent about this, to be honest. Running has been grounding throughout this weird year. I got into running trails which likely preserved my sanity and made me feel super strong in a very different way.

ATTQOTD:
1: Run my first ultra. I'm signed up for a 50k in April. It was initially scheduled for November and got pushed back. I found out while waiting for a COVID swab after my entire family tested positive. I've really struggled to get back in a groove since then, even with CRAW. I guess I'll do something virtual if it's cancelled completely, but I'm not incredibly pumped about the logistics of 30+ miles alone in the woods.

ATTQOTD: New Year = New Running Goals
1. Finish Couch to 5k. I have 2 more weeks on it.
2. Then start couch to 10k. ( Before I had my son I could run 10ks)
3. Loose some weight to make running easier (running on 200 pounds plus is hard, lol)
4. Do my 2 virtual 5ks I have signed up for Princess and Star Wars ( run them fully instead of run walk like I have been doing) I will also probably sign up and complete the Disney virtual summer 5ks like I did in 2020.
5. Register and start training for my first 1/2 Marathon, going for the Princess 2022
6. Complete a in person 10k to have a time to submit for the the Princess Half Marathon

2020 goal: I think I’m going to keep it simple and just plan on running 3 times per week. I was going to make a weekly mileage goal, but I think this will work better for me in the long run (pun unintentional but laughs are appreciated).

I ran my first official 10k at WDW Marathon Weekend which was spectacular and gave me the running bug. I PR’d my 5k in July, and I did really well on my goal through August. Then life had other plans. I won‘t be running until probably July is my guess, June maybe? I am pregnant, due in April! I’ve seen others post about running through their pregnancies, I don’t know how you superwomen did it!

So my ATTQOTD: 2021 goal is to keep some level of fitness during the next few months (indoor bike trainer, walking, strength training) before I can start running again. And hope to end 2021 running 3 times a week. I don’t want to put more pressure on myself about specific distances, because I know it took me a really long time to work up to 10k, and with almost a year off I don’t think it’s likely I’ll be up to that by year end.

Hey guys I don't know if this is the right place for this but I have a question:
I've been re-watching the MCU movies (thanks, Binge Mode) and was thinking how great it would be if they re-started or just continued the Avengers Infinity Stone type of races they had been doing in Anaheim. Do that for either the number of years that there were stones left, or just start over. I personally would love that and be very excited to do it. I know there are licensing issues with some of the characters. But also there have been *many* more characters introduced to the MCU since then, with more coming. Do you guys think that's a possibility?

Anything's possible, but personally I think the idea of an MCU weekend is similar to the Star Wars rundisney weekend. I'd do it once, but overall the theme isn't appealing to me. Also, wasn't the Marvel weekend the least popular of the California rundisney weekends?

Anything's possible, but personally I think the idea of an MCU weekend is similar to the Star Wars rundisney weekend. I'd do it once, but overall the theme isn't appealing to me. Also, wasn't the Marvel weekend the least popular of the California rundisney weekends?
Yeah, in one sense having something where you fill up the gauntlet might be a good carrot on a stick, you need to do all 6 races to get the 6 stones. So more people would keep coming back. On the other hand, that means runDisney committing to putting a race on for 6 years, when they don't know how popular it will be (or, maybe they do, and as you said, the answer is "not popular").

ATTQOTD: I have quite a few goals for 2021!!! My business is FINALLY turning a profit and I officially hired my first employee.

These are my top three running and non-running goals for 2021:
- praise God more
- eat less takeout
- get better at putting my needs before others so I can run 100 miles a month

A 4th bonus goal is to make it through the year without a horse trampling me, crushing my toes or falling on me 🤣

Hey guys I don't know if this is the right place for this but I have a question:
I've been re-watching the MCU movies (thanks, Binge Mode) and was thinking how great it would be if they re-started or just continued the Avengers Infinity Stone type of races they had been doing in Anaheim. Do that for either the number of years that there were stones left, or just start over. I personally would love that and be very excited to do it. I know there are licensing issues with some of the characters. But also there have been *many* more characters introduced to the MCU since then, with more coming. Do you guys think that's a possibility?

I think that would be cool And a great reason to go back to DL. I have been loving Binge Mode’s coverage of the MCU. Was just listening to the Dr. Strange episode during my run yesterday. I am hoping they do Lord of the Rings someday, that would be cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter