• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2019

hi! I did/do....ended up there after Lyme last year. I’m sorry you are dealing with it too. Feel free to PM me. I had to really do some energy “budgeting” and be very careful to not overdo it. I do get crashes still - esp after a harder workout. It’s been frustrating- but I can see that with some conscious effort it has gotten better.

thanks for the reply! I’ve always just pushed through the tiredness, but last week was something else. I‘m feeling better other than a stupid cold I came down with. At least I’m feeling cruddy now and not for Wine & Dine in just a few short days.

As far as W&D, that's an expensive race to get nothing from - what about just starting it, taking it easy, and seeing how it goes with no self-imposed pressure to finish?
I tend to have 2-3 races a year at most, so I've never had to confront a DNS. Now, since the races I run are more expensive, I would not even want to DNS unless I absolutely had to. If I was in less than ideal training for a runDisney event, I would at least go with the take it easy and live with the sweep if it came.
^Yes, this. because I'll always take the back seat of BTMRR over the front!
Especially at the Magic Kingdom. Their BTMRR feels like it barely accelerates from the front row. In the back is great, but the front row in the MK BTMRR is boring. For whatever reason, Disneyland does not have this issue although the back row is better there as well.

We have a couple of local races that start at 1:50 AM on Sunday. The official time change is at 2:00AM, so you finish before you start! Talk about a PR!

I totally forgot about the time change! I'm not doing Wine N Dine but I have a race Sunday morning at 7am. I have a show to go to with hubby at 9pm Sat night, and my family scheduled early Thanksgiving for noon that morning in another town, so I am already freaking out about fitting it all in.

Anyone ever done the NEGA CASA Superhero Run 5K/10K in Lavonia GA? (@Disney at Heart , looking at you!)

Toying with doing it this weekend and trying to determine how hilly it is, and how fast to run it to completely goof up my 'A' race. It's good to have a plan.

Anyone ever done the NEGA CASA Superhero Run 5K/10K in Lavonia GA? (@Disney at Heart , looking at you!)

Toying with doing it this weekend and trying to determine how hilly it is, and how fast to run it to completely goof up my 'A' race. It's good to have a plan.
Never done it. I don’t know how long it’s been around, but it’s been on or near W&D weekend since I’ve been aware of it, so I’m booked long before it’s planned or advertised. It’s a good cause. I have a friend who is a CASA volunteer. Lavonia has some hills, but if the race is in town, none are too severe. If it’s at/near Victoria Bryant State Park, there are some mean hills! I used to run a Dirty Spokes 5k/10K out there!

I haven't run a half in Texas. I'm doing the Dallas Half in December, but quite honestly the course is boring. Two that I've been looking at are Tour de Fleurs in Dallas and the Alamo Half Marathon in San Antonio. It starts and ends at the Alamo and you get to run along the Riverwalk for part of it.

I've done the Tour de Fleurs twice. I love the Arboretum! It is always very hot but the after party is great!

Question: Does anyone decide to skip a race for which you have poorly trained?
I am pretty cheap so I'd have to be REALLY injured or sick to DNS. I also don't do a lot of races so it's usually a very planned thing for me to do a race.

I anticipate I will forget this! And then be sad, then be exhausted, and not make it to the after party (I already expect I will be too tired to stay long).
Actually, you get an extra hour of sleep... or party.

ETA: My problem was that my phone adjusted twice so I had two extra hours of sleep instead of one. I was so rested and relaxed. Then, I could not understand why the line cut-off and the nagging “get to your corral“ at 4AM... But it was 5AM.

Actually, you get an extra hour of sleep... or party.

ETA: My problem was that my phone adjusted twice so I had two extra hours of sleep instead of one. I was so rested and relaxed. Then, I could not understand why the line cut-off and the nagging “get to your corral“ at 4AM... But it was 5AM.
Only if I set my alarm for after the switch!

If there are any Ghost aficionados out there in need of adding to their stash, Omega Sports is running a 1-day sale on the Ghost 11s today. They're $79.93 each, but if you buy two you can get free shipping and apply a website coupon for an additional $20 off (NOV1119). I was able to get two pairs shipped for $150 total. Hard to beat that price for the Ghosts, even if it's last year's model...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter