The Running Thread - 2018

ATTFFQOTD: Me and DH both said the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. My DD said the Cars ride at DCA. Both seem super unrealistic to stay on for 4 hours straight but I’m up for the challenge. Haha.

ATTQOTD: If the Land pavilion didn't smell so weird I'd say Living with the Land would be fairly relaxing and at least the scenery changes and you get some sunlight. But since I think that place smells weird...my answer is I'll join @FFigawi on his margerita booze cruise around Mexico. I may need more than one bathroom break though.

This weekend we have the following folks with races:

24 - @MissLiss279 - Go Girl Run OKC Half Marathon (2:05:00 / N/A)
24 - @tidefan - Tuscaloosa Half Marathon (2:30:00 / N/A)
24 - @jennamfeo - Carlsbad All Day 20k (NG / N/A)
24 - @cburnett11 - Rodes City Run 10k (48:xx / N/A)
25 - @roxymama - Shamrock Shuffle 8k (44:19 / N/A)
25 - @kleph - Dallas Rock n' Roll Half Marathon (2:00:00 / N/A)
25 - @FlashAM7 - Winterpark 10k (53:59 / N/A)
25 - MickeyMomma - Covenant Health Knoxville Half Marathon (2:45:00 / N/A)

Best of luck to each of you this weekend. My sincere apologies for posting the list late this week. DD school was closed unexpectedly mid morning and I had to go pick her and DS. Plus side, we had a great afternoon playing outside)

If you would like to adjust your goal or if someone would like to add a race to the list, just let me know and I will be happy to do so. Good luck again, and let us know how it goes!

Side note: It appears I typed a user name incorrectly again. MickeyMomma is not being allowed to tag.... If you see this please let me know so I can change it. TIA

My Shuffle goal is gonna be a "however fast hubby wants to run" because we are run buddies this time. We'll see what happens but likely I'm not gonna push him to my previous goal pace. Trying for a PR in FUN! (that's a thing right?) I am going to use all the wind blocking tactics that @DopeyBadger taught me but I'm doubtful I'll be much help for my tall-guy hubs.

ATTQOTD: If the Land pavilion didn't smell so weird I'd say Living with the Land would be fairly relaxing and at least the scenery changes and you get some sunlight. But since I think that place smells weird...my answer is I'll join @FFigawi on his margerita booze cruise around Mexico. I may need more than one bathroom break though.
Oh I totally get this it does smell weird in the Land for sure!

I love the Bonus ATTQOTD: I would pick Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout at Disneyland Park. Because there are multiple versions of the ride where the drops sequences are different, you could never predict when the next drop comes. So it’s just gonna be 4 hours of free-falling drops over and over again!

Teacup has to be a good 2nd answer too!

ATTQOTD: lots of good choices people mover, safari, grand fiesta, soarin only if in front row everytime not into four hours of dangling feet.

Bonus: I know I will take some heat for this but Carousel of Progress, sorry @LSUlakes

So I’m throwing this out there for watch reviews:

http://fellrnr.com/wiki/GPS_Accuracy

Not sure if I believe it all. I feel like my Garmin 220 had pretty good accuracy (not on his list), and I’ve always been high on Garmins... although I was having highly fluctuating current pace on my Fenix 5s (more than I think it should have been).
Yeah, I don't know if I trust it. There's a lot of numbers and stuff there, but I also feel like my 220 has been accurate... the 225 is on the list very low. I have never seen it be off as much as he says distance wise. Quite often I map my routes in a mapping app before I go out and run to make sure the route I've picked is the right distance, and my 220 is always pretty spot on.

Just got an "it may be snowy and icey" code yellow email regarding my race this weekend so maybe it was a good decision to not push the pace afterall!

Welcome! We are temporarily in Tucson. Getting out of here before it really starts to heat up lol.
My parents just packed up and moved out of FL to that area last fall, after they had to evacuate for Hurricane Irma. :) They moved down to FL back in 1999, but they were only in their 40s then. My dad retired a couple years ago and my mom just retired last year, and after being down there through direct hit (Charley) and some near misses, then having to evacuate for Irma, they were like, ok we're done! My aunt and uncle live in Oro Valley, so my parents packed up and moved to that area. They're technically in Marana I think, but they live up in Dove Mountain, which doesn't look very close to Marana to me on a map. :D

Try adding a space after "Mickey." If that doesn't work, can somebody point me towards a setting I need to change?

That's what I had wrong. Thanks for letting me know!

Can I join your thread? I live in AZ and teach first grade. Slower runner (although mid for Run Disney I'd say) trying to get stronger and faster in an effort for my first half (Princess) next year! I have the Dbacks 5K next Saturday 3/31 coming up. This is a flat course in dowtown Phoenix. My 7 year old is running too. He has done a couple races and I am tempted to leave him (or have him leave me) but I also worry bout if he gets injured or something. We are naturally about the same pace... but he does the annoying kid thing of running quickly (faster than me if I let him) and then needing to walk.

I agree with People Mover for the QOTD!

Welcome to the thread and of course you are welcome to join. Anyone is free to post and even if it was something I did not like, I do not have any control to stop it anyway lol. Look forward to having you as part of the thread!

Does this involve going through the queue/pre-show areas or like once you’re on the ride for the first time you’re in that same seat for four hours?

It's 4 hours on the ride, no lines.

ATTQOTD: lots of good choices people mover, safari, grand fiesta, soarin only if in front row everytime not into four hours of dangling feet.

Bonus: I know I will take some heat for this but Carousel of Progress, sorry @LSUlakes

Ok... maybe we do need to ban someone. I kid, but COP is awesome and full of history!

I don't know anything about the Vivoactive watch, but the 235 I think might be considered replaced at this point by the brand new 645/645M. I am planning to replace my 220 with a 645... I haven't decided yet if I want to get the M or not. The difference is that the M has storage for music/podcasts and will pair with bluetooth headphones, but I don't think that I would actually use that. I can't envision a scenario where I am out running without my phone, so I'll probably just save the $50.

Wanted to chime in here to say that we actually CALLED Garmin before we bought my 235 last week because I didn't want to buy a product that was about to be obsolete. They're not planning to discontinue the 235 and even if they do, they'll continue to support it for years and years. That said, the features of the (non-music) 645 are pretty similar to the 235, couple of extra metrics the 645 will capture that didn't make it worth $150 more to me, especially since it isn't my all day watch (if it was, I'd have been tempted to go for the 645 because I like the look better).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter