The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD:

Marathon Weekend(7 times)-2012 Half, 2013 Full, 2014-2018 Dopey
Star Wars Dark Side Weekend-2017 Dark Side Challenge (10K and Half)

I am completely addicted to Marathon Weekend, even after experiencing the park crowding the past couple years. I plan on running Dopey for as long as I am able.

Dark Side was an addition last year after my sister and I got APs because of a 13 month for the price of 12 deal (covered 2 Marathon Weekends); we proceeded to do exactly what Disney wanted us to do and we added extra trips because, you know, gotta get all the value you can out of that AP :rolleyes2. Anyway, it was a tremendous amount of fun as well and I'd absolutely run it again if runDisney wanted to pay for my entry and trip.

I was just thinking about this last night when someone was asking me,
2014 Everest Challenge
2015 Marathon
2015 Dumbo Double Dare
2016 Dopey
2016 Wine & Dine 5k & Challenge
2017 Dark Side 5k & Challenge
2018 Marathon

and have nothing signed up now, it's been awhile since I haven't had one registered for :(

ATTQOTD: Clearly time to represent Disneyland.

2011 Disneyland Half
2012 Disneyland Half
2012 Wine & Dine Half
2015 Star Wars Rebel Challenge
2016 Star Wars Rebel Challenge
2017 Star Wars Rebel Challenge
2017 Star Wars Dark Side Challenge
2017 Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon
2018 Star Wars Dark Side 5K + First Order Challenge

So 12 runDisney events I have run and 3 scheduled.

ATTQOTD:
Marathon weekend 2016 - 5k
Tinkerbell weekend 2017 - HM
W&D weekend 2017 - 5k me & 10k hubby

I'd like another crack at a marathon weekend and one day I'll try out princess. If anything comes back to DL I'm there in a heartbeat. Really enjoyed DL for races because of "logistical ease" of the whole vacation.

ATTQOTD:
Disney Runs are a family affair for us so have listed everyone. It been neat to see how many races I have share with folks too.

2014 Princess 5K whole family and the one that started it all
2014 Avengers 5K (all) Hubby did the Half
2015 Starwars light side 5K(all) & 10K(me & DD), DH-Half
2015 Disneyland 10K(all) DH-Dumbo Double Dare
2015 Jingle Jungle 5K(all), Kids Mile, DH-Wine & Dine Half of Half which also was his Coast to Coast. Kids remind him all the time that it was not truly earned
2016 Tink 10K(all) Pixie Dust Challenge(Me)
2018 Dopey-Me with kids running 5K, 10k, Half

ATTQOTD:
Marathon weekend 2016 - 5k
Tinkerbell weekend 2017 - HM
W&D weekend 2017 - 5k me & 10k hubby

I'd like another crack at a marathon weekend and one day I'll try out princess. If anything comes back to DL I'm there in a heartbeat. Really enjoyed DL for races because of "logistical ease" of the whole vacation.

"I'd like another crack at a marathon weekend" is code for "I'm running the marathon in 2019, right?" (Pleeeeeeaaaaase!)

If, by marathon, you mean: Has already all but committed to Dopey 2019 to celebrate and build on the accomplishment of the Chicago Marathon 2018...

WHAT. NO JAI ALAI FROM CIGAR CITY???

My version of this past Marathon weekend: Dopey edition was.......run the races, back to the room for a Jai Alai. (well, ok, there was a time gap after the 5k and 10k. I mean, even I won't drink THAT early in the morning!)

Just the one WDW Marathon in 2017. If my body holds up this year and I don't get any major injuries, I will take a shot at 2019 (just the marathon).

I would definitely be on board for the self-ran beer mile. I don't think you can waste a good IPA on a beer mile; you need those crappy domestic mass produced beers. Save the IPAs for celebrating afterwards. I like the idea of doing in the woods between Ft. Wilderness and WL. Depending on time of day, you might get a critter sighting.

If, by marathon, you mean: Has already all but committed to Dopey 2019 to celebrate and build on the accomplishment of the Chicago Marathon 2018...

^^100% this :)

My version of this past Marathon weekend: Dopey edition was.......run the races, back to the room for a Jai Alai. (well, ok, there was a time gap after the 5k and 10k. I mean, even I won't drink THAT early in the morning!)

You need to step up your game! The IPAs were flowing at the beer truck after the 10k.

2012 - W&D
2014 - Marathon
2014 - DW did Disneyland Half
2015 - Goofy
2016 - Dark Side
2017 - 5K, and we were supposed to do the Half
2018 - Dopey

ATTQOTD:

Marathon weekend - 4 times: 2012 - Half marathon, 2014 - Half marathon, 2017 - marathon, 2018 - Dopey

Princess weekend - 1 time: 2015 - Glass Slipper Challenge

WHAT. NO JAI ALAI FROM CIGAR CITY???

I've heard great things about it, but never had it before. When you drive back to TX stop in Baton Rouge with a 6 pack. I'll cook you dinner or treat you to a meal.

We could have an IPA division where you have to drink four Florida IPAs:
Jai Alai (Cigar City)
I-4 (Orlando)
Category 3 (Due South)
Bring It! (Playalinda)

The Flavored Water division:
Miller Lite
Bud Light
Michelob Ultra
Coors Light

The I Don't Drink division:
Cherry Coke
A&W Root Beer
Orange Crush
Diet Dr. Pepper

I do not think I have had any of those Florida beers. Love the "Flavored Water" grouping lol. The dont drink group needs whole milk. The idea is you will get someone to vomit from the beer, milk would be way worse IMO, but soft drinks seem like it would be to easy and reduces the vomit chances. BTW, for those still reading this at this point, if one does vomit, its usually the projectile variety, so maybe the boardwalk isnt a great idea. lol

You cant drink all day if you dont start in the morning. I'm guilty of opening a beer before sunrise for fishing trips and tailgating. Have not done either in a while though.

I do not think I have had any of those Florida beers. Love the "Flavored Water" grouping lol. The dont drink group needs whole milk. The idea is you will get someone to vomit from the beer, milk would be way worse IMO, but soft drinks seem like it would be to easy and reduces the vomit chances. BTW, for those still reading this at this point, if one does vomit, its usually the projectile variety, so maybe the boardwalk isnt a great idea. lol

Milk would be too easy. Sure, it's thicker, but there's no carbonation. It's the bubbles bouncing around and trying to escape your stomach that cause the vomiting. We had kids and non-drinkers use soda at our beer miles, and it wasn't as easy as they thought it would be. More than a couple learned grape soda coming out your nose isn't so pleasant. :laughing:

Survived the weekend! Legs are definitely feeling it, not having trained for walking the distance AT ALL since November, but the ankle is holding up, albeit quite sore. After the sprain, the goal for this weekend was just to finish the 5k and 10k, so mission accomplished :) even though the times were embarrassingly slow.

(also, it looks like my sister will definitely be going to Tulane, so we also did way too much walking in order to check out the school/apartments/etc., but it balanced out the fact that we ate entirely too much (amazing) food all weekend...)

QOTD: What is the worse running idea you have ever had?

"Of course I can walk this long race undertrained."
"I don't need to fix my shoe, the cramp will fix itself."
"The elevation chart for this half marathon doesn't look too bad..." (x2)
"I don't need to use this port-a-potty, I can wait for the next one."

QOTD: How many different runDisney events have you participated in? We will also include Castaway Cay 5k at any time and the run held at Port Orleans.

attempted the Lumiere's challenge at Wine and Dine 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter