The Running Thread - 2018

What she said! :)

I’m trying to do a race a month this year - I’ve already 4 done, and am registered for April, May, and June. I did notice that July and August options are much more limited - but I’ll be able to find something!
It is a little slower in July and August, true... especially August. I know there's a 5K and a 10K at the end of July near me, and Old Port HM used to be in July but it moved to June. Then August there's a 10K that has been around forever that is always on a Thursday night, so weird. One of my run buddies and I are going to try and get into Beach to Beacon 10K though! The registration is this week. She did it last year.

Question about marathon weekend, specifically POT for the marathon. If you register for the marathon after POT deadline, and you ran a race after that date, could you in theory use that race as a POT race? Lets say you registered in April and then improved your POT after the deadline, can you update it? I know you can change it before the deadline, but was wondering if you had a option after that?

Question about marathon weekend, specifically POT for the marathon. If you register for the marathon after POT deadline, and you ran a race after that date, could you in theory use that race as a POT race? Lets say you registered in April and then improved your POT after the deadline, can you update it? I know you can change it before the deadline, but was wondering if you had a option after that?
If you register for the marathon after the POT deadline you get a one time opportunity to enter a POT. I am not sure there is a cutoff on that POT other than it can't be earlier than Jan. 20__. Obviously if you register in April you cannot enter a POT after the POT deadline.

Your race for PoT has to occur BEFORE PoT deadline. I've seen it first-hand, they won't accept it.

You can register for a race AFTER PoT deadline, but the race for PoT has to occur before the deadline for immediate corrals. Anything after that, you're at the whim of my friends at Runner Relations.

It is a little slower in July and August, true... especially August. I know there's a 5K and a 10K at the end of July near me, and Old Port HM used to be in July but it moved to June. Then August there's a 10K that has been around forever that is always on a Thursday night, so weird. One of my run buddies and I are going to try and get into Beach to Beacon 10K though! The registration is this week. She did it last year.

Good luck! Beach to beacon is on my list.

Falmouth road race is too - but so hard to get into.

I think I’ll be looking for more local 5ks in the summer in MA or NH.

My BIL did Beach to Beacon one year. I would like to do it at some point. There are a bunch of races in Maine in July and August. Probably because it’s hot up there but some times not as bad as other places especially near the coast. I have some races I want to do there and then get Holy Donut to celebrate lol. It helps that my In laws live there so we always have a place to stay.

QOTD: What is your favorite movie that has at least one scene about running?

ATTQOTD: So many options for this one! I am going to go with the Steve Prefontaine move "Without Limits". Also receiving votes from myself would be "Forest Gump" (Perhaps one of the best movies ever made IMO) and "Patriots Day". So many other options as well and I really enjoy them all!

Your race for PoT has to occur BEFORE PoT deadline. I've seen it first-hand, they won't accept it.

You can register for a race AFTER PoT deadline, but the race for PoT has to occur before the deadline for immediate corrals. Anything after that, you're at the whim of my friends at Runner Relations.

So getting a change will all depend on how well someone understands the rules and what kind of mood they are in at the expo... I'm not feeling good about my chances lol. I think it dumb that we have to submit a time 3 months before the race, but dont find out anything until maybe 2 weeks before the race.

QOTD: What is your favorite movie that has at least one scene about running?

This is not really about running, but one of my absolute favorite scenes in any movie in the ending of "You've Got Mail" when the golden retriever (Brinkley) comes running toward Meg Ryan, with Tom Hanks chasing after him.

As far as movies that have true running scenes in them, you can't beat Rocky.

Now I am also dying to know the least favorite movie. :)

Edit: NM, I got it now, we were posting at the same time. :D

Here's a clue ... It has been mentioned. But not as many times as I thought it would be.
Also ... my hatred of this movie outweighs my love of anything that mentions chocolate (yeah, I know, that gives it away)
A-ha! I thought maybe Rocky. I was wrong. That's a lot of hatred. Chocolate is the best. Takes a lot to outweigh that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter