The Running Thread—2023

ATTQOTD: 2022 was a rough year in general for me. I’d like to say that running helped me overcome it all, but it was the opposite. I let everyone and everything mow me over and put running on the back burner. I did run two marathons in two weeks and ran the second one faster than the first 😂

ATTQOTD: Nothing to speak of. 2022 was a rough year in regards to running for me. Had some nagging injury the first half of the year and then in the second half I hit a mental wall and did not do much running at all.

Attqotd-I was proud that I seem to have finally found some consistency at the end of the year going into 2023! Hopefully this continues through the winter, aside from the film festival.
I saw "film festival" and thought -- oh, who's going to Sundance?? Then I saw the username. 😂 I KNOW HIM!

How are you dealing with all this snow?!

I saw "film festival" and thought -- oh, who's going to Sundance?? Then I saw the username. 😂 I KNOW HIM!

How are you dealing with all this snow?!
I’m fine. Lots of shoveling at the new shop, but we have to put our best feet forward. The biggest headache is the traffic, which nothing can reasonably be done about.

ATTGOTD: Ummmm.... I guess I would say getting a schedule worked out with DW so I could start to rebuild my fitness, now that we have DD in our lives! We welcomed her in June. This spring she should be old enough to start joining me in her nice running stroller! (Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa!)

ATTQOTD: Completing 90% of my marathon training plan is my proudest accomplishment.
In second place is winning the Athena category at a local super sprint tri (out of like 3 ppl but WHATEVER). This “victory” was 100% bc I followed my coach’s advice and ran up the hill from swim to T1 lol. I won by like 7 seconds.

Thanks for starting this thread for 2023! I usually don’t post here, but am looking to do so more this year. Once Marathon Weekend is over, I really want to start working on some goals and am hoping this thread will be motivating and hold me accountable. Main goals I’m considering are a total mileage amount for the year and a time goal for a 5K or 10K.

ATTQOTD: Without a doubt my proudest 2022 running accomplishment was finishing Dopey. I really fell off the wagon afterwards and sadly don’t have any other running bright spots from the year.

Not to interrupt the lovely QOTD flow, but I have a question. It may be a bit TMI. I picked up some Liquid IV a few weeks ago to try and have been drinking it with water once a day to pre-hydrate. It makes me immediately have to pee six thousand times, starting about halfway through the glass! I will use Tailwind for the actual race, but was considering Liquid iV pre-race. Knowing how my body reacts, I'm worried about using it pre-race and getting stuck in the corral without a porta nearby.

I get that this is the point of the product, but other hydration products don't produce this same result. Is this just my weird issue or does anyone else have this reaction to Liquid IV? Should I just take it earlier? Or maybe use it post-race or mid-day instead?

QOTD: I'm most proud that I stayed consistent with my running after switching to a full-time job in July. I didn't think I'd be able to fit it all in, but it's been easier than expected.

My first run of the year was an easy run on a treadmill at a hotel and I tried to take a pic of my time to add to my log later and only realized way later that the pic didn't come out! So I'm off to an annoying start not knowing my total time for my first run!

ATTQOTD: 2022 wasn't a particularly great run year for me, my lowest total mileage in 3 years. Dopey #2 was a pretty decent accomplishment for me but I think my biggest surprise was getting another sub 2:00 1/2. While not a PR, it's just that I thought sub 2s were behind me at 53 years old with a couple cranky knees.

Not to interrupt the lovely QOTD flow, but I have a question. It may be a bit TMI. I picked up some Liquid IV a few weeks ago to try and have been drinking it with water once a day to pre-hydrate. It makes me immediately have to pee six thousand times, starting about halfway through the glass! I will use Tailwind for the actual race, but was considering Liquid iV pre-race. Knowing how my body reacts, I'm worried about using it pre-race and getting stuck in the corral without a porta nearby.

I get that this is the point of the product, but other hydration products don't produce this same result. Is this just my weird issue or does anyone else have this reaction to Liquid IV? Should I just take it earlier? Or maybe use it post-race or mid-day instead?
I have never had this reaction to this product... that's weird! I'd suggest using it post-race instead, I guess!

I’m planning on saving the annual “goals” QOTD for after MW is over soooo:

QOTD: what running or running-related accomplishment are you most proud of from 2022?
Completing my first Dopey! It was a hill I’ve wanted to conquer for years and finally had a chance to do so.
The medals all hang on the wall next to my work-from-home desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter