The rice crispy treat good bag for sale on DCL

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I was looking at the on board gift on DCL site and noticed that they had a rice crispy treat bag for like $25. Kinda surprised it was that cheap as there are seven of them in the bag. Those go for what $4-5 each at Disney World? Wonder why the lower price scale on those?

I have never purchased rice crispy treats at Walt Disney World, so I don't know whether they are any different from those on the cruise. My guess as to the reason for the cost difference is that the treats at the parks must be packaged for sale and delivered to each location where they are sold, while those on the cruise are stored en masse and don't require as much packaging and transportation. That is strictly a guess, though.

On our last cruise, I stopped by Guest Services near the end of the cruise with a quick question and was offered a bag of several Mickey treats. I wondered if perhaps the treats were nearing the end of their shelf life and GS had been told to hand them out so they wouldn't go to waste. If there is a shorter shelf life, that could also account for the price difference.

They are yummy too!
We have had them delivered to our room in the past.

When they had the return cruiser parties for 7 day cruises we always got them there. When we were on the PC cruise a few years ago the were handing them out like crazy....we had this many from CM's just handing them out as we left the party467272.

I thought some of the food treats (Vanellope's or even eating at Remy) were cheaper on DCL than at WDW because food is already included in the price of the cruise?

I thought some of the food treats (Vanellope's or even eating at Remy) were cheaper on DCL than at WDW because food is already included in the price of the cruise?

We have noticed that all the treats were cheaper than in the parks and were actually "reasonable" vs the parks.

We have noticed that all the treats were cheaper than in the parks and were actually "reasonable" vs the parks.

I always kind of felt like the upcharge things on the ships are to limit consumption vs make real money... whereas in the parks they will squeeze every last nickel out of you. For whatever reason they can't keep up with giving these away unlimited so they charge a nominal fee so people don't take tons of them (plus they would be seen as free souvenirs and people would hoarde them.) Same thing with popcorn, if it was free and unlimited I don't think they could keep up with production/consumption. I'm sure they have huge vats virtually limitless of vanilla ice cream in the main galley but the precious little gelatos are an upcharge because of course people would consume those by the pint rather than tiny scoop of they were unlimited and included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter