The return of annual passes

Disney has never been a place that tries to have the best coasters, so it seems that part of this comes down to what people want out of a theme park. Disney’s strengths have always been translating stories into immersive experiences.

Universal does a stellar job of this. Busch and seaworld are just thrill parks.

Also I believe the wdw pass would need to be $1499 with waterparks?

I have a 4 day ticket purchased as part of our family Christmas trip this year. Does anyone know if Disney is doing what they've done in the past and will apply the cost of that ticket price to upgrade me to an annual pass?

I have a 4 day ticket purchased as part of our family Christmas trip this year. Does anyone know if Disney is doing what they've done in the past and will apply the cost of that ticket price to upgrade me to an annual pass?
They will. When AP's go on sale, you will have to call or upgrade in person. It won't be available online immediately

Just renewed my old Gold AP as today was my 60 days out - I’m so happy I’m not having to shell out more $ for the Sorcerer replacement!

Is 60 days a hard cut off to renew an annual pass? I have a pass that is eligible for renewal on September 10th (2 days after the new passes come out). Anyone have any luck renewing their pass more than 60 days out?

Not worth getting the AP till they get the train, parades and fireworks up and running again.

You could get them but just not use them until that stuff comes back. Clock doesn't start until you step into the parks. Unless it's a renewal.

Also interesting that 'the train' was the headliner on that list. ;)

Does anyone know if staying on-site with a new AP will be given length of stay options to book park reservations or will those of us have to wait for day 1 to expire before getting our 6th day?

Does anyone know if staying on-site with a new AP will be given length of stay options to book park reservations or will those of us have to wait for day 1 to expire before getting our 6th day?
You will have length of stay options.

A question regarding how legacy AP vouchers are showing in MDE.

I currently have two Platinum Pass vouchers, one purchased through Disney and one through Sam’s Club. Both were purchased a few years ago to avoid the huge price increase.

They are now showing differently in MDE:

I would like to move my park reservations to the new system, but it requires me to choose one of my vouchers right to associate them with. I want to use the one from Sam’s, and keep the one from Disney on my account as long as possible because it allows me to see and book AP special offers without having to call.

Does anyone know which is which? I do not want to guess and get it wrong!

Just checked my AP vouchers purchased directly from WDW. I took a refund during the pandemic and then purchased another when that was allowed. Mine show ‘exchange’ . I hope this helps but hopefully others will comment as well.

I’m not sure if this helps but … we have 6 platinum AP vouchers. Out of the 6, 5 of them say “Platinum Pass Exchange”. One says “Disney Platinum Pass”. All expire 12/31/2030.
None were purchased directly from Disney.

do you get discounts at hotels if you're a pass holder?

Also what is "select merchandise" discount. I see the list of stores it is available at, but Is it most merchandise or only a few things?

Last edited:
can you upgrade an annual pass by paying the difference? Like If I get the pirate pass and then decide I want sorcerer can I pay $200 more to upgrade it?

can you upgrade an annual pass by paying the difference? Like If I get the pirate pass and then decide I want sorcerer can I pay $200 more to upgrade it?
They told me yes, contacting Passholder Payment Services at (888) 701-4100 or any ticket center at the park.
I also can pay off the pass early

do you get discounts at hotels if you're a pass holder?

Also what is "select merchandise" discount. I see the list of stores it is available at, but Is it most merchandise or only a few things?
Hotel discounts for APHs are never guaranteed. They are frequently offered well after general public discounts have been out for a while. Often, they are the rooms that nobody wanted, mostly because they are the more expensive ones at that particular resort. And like most hotel discounts, not every hotel or view/location is included in the discount. Typically, the discount runs about 5% more than general public discounts. And you cannot get a package deal that requires purchasing tickets as a part of the deal because you have an AP.

Merchandise discounts are pretty straightforward. There can be exceptions, such as gift cards, but if your AP discount is 20%, then it's 20% off of everything at participating locations.

Hotel discounts for APHs are never guaranteed. They are frequently offered well after general public discounts have been out for a while. Often, they are the rooms that nobody wanted, mostly because they are the more expensive ones at that particular resort. And like most hotel discounts, not every hotel or view/location is included in the discount. Typically, the discount runs about 5% more than general public discounts. And you cannot get a package deal that requires purchasing tickets as a part of the deal because you have an AP.

Merchandise discounts are pretty straightforward. There can be exceptions, such as gift cards, but if your AP discount is 20%, then it's 20% off of everything at participating locations.

You really to seem to grasp WDW AP's. Would you be interested in hosting a dedicated thread with everything laid out? I'm sure it would be time consuming to start it up though it's not like you have to answer every post that pops up as all the information would be located on the main pages. Anyway, I vote you as Team Leader on this new venture! :cheer2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter