• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The return of annual passes

I didn't say it was "just" inflation. I said inflation AND decreased capacity. If you're decreasing supply by 20% or more, as well as an increase in demand of people wanting to get out and do things, then a 20% or more increase in price is reasonable.

I have a major in economics, it's pretty basic economics that the price would increase by a lot.

The decreased capacity is only relevant if it is actually limiting attendance? Are the parks eve reaching whatever their current capacity limit is?

The decreased capacity is only relevant if it is actually limiting attendance? Are the parks eve reaching whatever their current capacity limit is?
The parks don't even appear to be close to hitting their capacity limits (based on pass availaiblity), and haven't been for some time. The last time any park ran out of any category of park pass was August 10th, per touringplans.

I think the super low attendance right now is due to several factors- 1) Conditions in Florida 2) Disney's refusal to return to normal operations 3) Seasonal dips and 4) Revenge travel may have hit it's peak and for those who waited to travel until things were better, they no longer see things improving.
I suspect that normally there’d be a lot of conventions this time of year that got cancelled or were never booked.

Would someone please tell me where the $99 for Memory Maker add-on price is listed? The only price I can find is $199, but that's to buy NOT as an add-on. (I worry that the price of MM may also skyrocket...) TIA

This is just my opinion...and possibly not a popular one. But after being to both parks in 2021, I can tell you why Universal is offering a better "value"....its just not as good. 3/4 of the rides are 3D, and you can get bored there pretty quickly after just 2-3 full days in the parks. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Universal, and actually celebrate some of the differences. I love staying @ Portofino and having literally everything (IoA, US, & CW) a 10 min boat ride away. It's just....not Disney. Don't know quite how to say it, but its just not.

As a DVC member, of course I don't like the price increase, but am happy about the annual passes being available again. We are planning on Food & Wine, Marathon Weekend, and Spring Break, and so will save us hundreds over just buying tix...pretty happy about that.

I am so glad I'm not the only one. We were really disappointed in Universal outside of the Harry Potter stuff. Most of the rides weren't at all memorable-except the ones that made us sick because the film didn't sync with the movement. And don't even get me started on the joke they called a parade. We have lived near Busch Gardens Williamsburg and 6 Flags New England. Busch Gardens is a much better park than Universal and 6 Flags is about equal. We have considered Universal a one and done, but are considering going back at some point for the Hagrid ride and shopping in Harry Potter land. No real rush on it though.

Would someone please tell me where the $99 for Memory Maker add-on price is listed? The only price I can find is $199, but that's to buy NOT as an add-on. (I worry that the price of MM may also skyrocket...) TIA

Disney PhotoPass Downloads*****
Capture every magical moment with unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads for just $99 plus tax for the year.

With Disney PhotoPass Service, you can get everyone in the picture, with photo opportunities at select attractions and iconic park locations across Walt Disney World Resort.
What’s Included?
  • Iconic, professional photos taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers
  • Select attraction photos and videos
  • Digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos and videos captured in your account from the first valid date of your pass until your pass expires
  • Discounts on prints and physical product purchases

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...ing-a-passholder/#drawer-card-drawerWpsOption

Capture every magical moment with unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads for just $99 plus tax for the year.

With Disney PhotoPass Service, you can get everyone in the picture, with photo opportunities at select attractions and iconic park locations across Walt Disney World Resort.
What’s Included?
  • Digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos and videos captured in your account from the first valid date of your pass until your pass expires

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...ing-a-passholder/#drawer-card-drawerWpsOption

Memory Maker includes "videos" digital downloads also - I'm assuming this is the ride videos we're giving up for the Photo Pass download price of $99 instead of the Memory Maker price of $199? Apologies for my confusion - I think I missed an announcement somewhere amid all the other recent changes :rolleyes:

I am so glad I'm not the only one. We were really disappointed in Universal outside of the Harry Potter stuff. Most of the rides weren't at all memorable-except the ones that made us sick because the film didn't sync with the movement. And don't even get me started on the joke they called a parade. We have lived near Busch Gardens Williamsburg and 6 Flags New England. Busch Gardens is a much better park than Universal and 6 Flags is about equal. We have considered Universal a one and done, but are considering going back at some point for the Hagrid ride and shopping in Harry Potter land. No real rush on it though.

Add me to the list of not being overly Impressed with Universal outside of Harry Potter. I do like roller coasters and they do have some great ones. After that there isn’t enough to make me want to go back again and again. I actually have an AP there because when I moved to central Florida last year you couldn’t buy DW passes. I’ve probably gone 10 times and I’ve had the pass almost a year. If I had a DW pass I’d go almost every weekend.

Memory Maker includes "videos" digital downloads also - I'm assuming this is the ride videos we're giving up for the Photo Pass download price of $99 instead of the Memory Maker price of $199? Apologies for my confusion - I think I missed an announcement somewhere amid all the other recent changes :rolleyes:

What’s Included?
Learn more about Disney PhotoPass service.

From the AP page- videos included

We have considered Universal a one and done, but are considering going back at some point for the Hagrid ride and shopping in Harry Potter land. No real rush on it though.
The Hagrid coaster is really spectacular. Definitely an attraction worth the visit. It also gives that side of Harry Potter world a more complete feel.

To be fair, that park is an amazing park and a theme park of its own note with its own highlights...

As for Universal's parks, I love them, even as someone who gets motion sick. But, I also love Busch Gardens, whose only flaw is how dang far you have to walk to finish the park in one day (Florida parks, take note on how many things you can fit in a park and still call it one park:)...

Does anyone know if we will have to call to purchase AP's next Wednesday, or will we be able to purchase them online? Also, is the first day of your AP the day your purchase them or the first day you enter the park after purchasing?

Does anyone know if we will have to call to purchase AP's next Wednesday, or will we be able to purchase them online? Also, is the first day of your AP the day your purchase them or the first day you enter the park after purchasing?
Disney has specified that if you want to apply a ticket purchase to the pass as an upgrade that you have to call or do it in person. I'm assuming that means that a straight forward purchase can be done online. Not positive, but if you could only do it that way for any purchase, there would be no reason to add that.

Today I noticed the renewal price is $100 less.
( I'm a fl resident)

I was thinking about the new magnet if I put it on my car , does that just show people I'm a sucker?
I'm still on the fence if I should do this.

The Hagrid coaster is really spectacular. Definitely an attraction worth the visit. It also gives that side of Harry Potter world a more complete feel.

I would second this, do have to give them credit for what's really good. Our 2021 visit was better than our 2017 visit primarily due to Hagrid's & Velocicoaster. We actually rode Hagrids like 10x it was so good, and Velocicoaster provides a thrill you don't find @ Disney. For me, RotR is the best Orlando ride, but after that Hagrids would be in a group of just a few others in line to potentially be #2.

I don't think Universal and WDW are comparable. Universal is better for older kids than WDW.

Now, I've gone to FL and gone strictly to Universal opting to get my Disney fix in CA. I've been doing this since the ridiculous FP+ planning. But I like Universal for a nice extended weekend getaway. I don't see Universal as a Disney replacement.

Now, it's only a matter of time before parking becomes another product. Maybe they're waiting for after Magical Express is gone before charging more for parking.

Of course, with all of the stimulus money still floating around, I'm assuming Disney wants a piece of that action.

It does say a lot when Pete gets worked up over the pricing.

Eventually, Disney parks will start to look like the Titanic with different experiences for different economic classes.

Today marks 20 days in a row of touringplan crowd level 1's at WDW. 7DMT does not appear to have gotten over 30 minutes today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter