• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The return of annual passes

If you are an out of towner you are out of luck unless you are a Florida resident or dvc owner. Glad I'm not getting one!

Has anyone seen a calendar with the blackout dates? That's the make or break for me.

The blackout date calendar on the AP page is still the old program.

Whoa, a $212 increase from the Silver Pass to the Pirate, assuming similar blackout dates.

ETA: Not similar block out dates to Silver, the summer is now open but it costs more. Frankly I didn't go in July/Aug and rather liked not paying for it. But a cheap weekday pass is not useful either.

Looks like Memory Maker is no longer included? It's an add-on? Am I reading that right? What if you have an active AP right now? I hope we still get Photo Pass downloads for the rest of our current AP.

Has anyone seen a calendar with the blackout dates? That's the make or break for me.

The blackout date calendar on the AP page is still the old program.

DisneyWorld.com/Pass has the blockout details under "read more" for each of the passes.

Pirate blocks nearly all holiday weekends, two weeks each in April and December and a week in March and November, and a couple other random weekends. Pixie looks about the same as Pirate plus no weekends.

Sorcerer blocks four days at Thanksgiving and two weeks around Christmas (no New Years Eve, but open again on New Years Day).

Photopass is another $100 to add on.

The renewal price for Pirate is a little over $100 discount if you have an existing pass, still putting it at nearly $600.

I wonder what this will mean for those of us who have vouchers for the old APs?

Wondering the same thing. Hoping that means I'll have one more year of MM, and they won't be taking away some of my park reservations for my next trip since it's more than 5 days.

Whoa, a $212 increase from the Silver Pass to the Pirate, assuming similar blackout dates.

ETA: Not similar block out dates to Silver, the summer is now open but it costs more. Frankly I didn't go in July/Aug and rather liked not paying for it. But a cheap weekday pass is not useful either.

Summer is open but they take away basically every holiday weekend the rest of the year.

As an out of state guest I had originally considered upgrading but this doesn't make sense anymore. This pass is more than my entire vacation package was. I wanted to be optimistic but now I have lost a lot of faith in Disney.

If I ever return after my upcoming trip I will have to plan it very differently. 😥

OK, it’s buried in the fine print, but it looks like they are adding the ability to modify park reservations:
  • Access a New Integrated Calendar: Planning will be easier with enhancements to our reservation system, including a new integrated calendar that lets Passholders quickly see blockout dates for each pass type, view available days and make, modify or cancel a reservation all in one place.
Hooray if that’s the case!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter