The return of AFTER DARK! Sweethearts, Villains, and Star Wars

My Husband and I are going on Valentines Day. This will be our first SweetHearts Nite! Any after hour tips from the other 2? We are looking forward to it!
We go for the photo-ops. There are many of them and the lines can get long so be patient if that is what you are there for. We don't go on the rides that night so I don't know how long they get but based on how long the photo-op lines are, I would think the ride lines are not very long. You get to go into the part a few hours before the actual event. The regular day crowd will be there at the same time so if there is a ride you want to go one during this time but the line is long, you might want to wait until the Sweethearts Nite event begins. The line will most likely be shorter.

Check the weather forecast before you go. The first year we went, it dropped down to the high 30's. We brought gloves which were a life saver.

One thing I noticed, the crowd is a little more mature. Most everyone is in their twenties and older. Not many teenagers. At least not the first two events.

They had special merchandise at the last two events so if you are into that sort of thing, my wife is, be on the lookout for what it is.

If you have any specific questions, just ask. I will try my best to answer them.

My son’s birthday is that day and we’re splurging at one of the resorts and bringing all our kids (single digits to pre-teen) to this event that night. We’ve kept them at DL until midnight before and they can hang. I don’t think they’ll complain. Very excited for this.

Well, I feel like a doof....I totally forgot that tix went on sale...so, at 10:30 CST last night, I linked in, and had a 3 minute wait in queue....only SW date available was 5/3....so I booked. We weren't really planning a trip so soon (we were just there in November). But, it's done. So now I'm scrambling to secure hotel, etc. Nothing like unplanned trips to get you hoppin'.

This will be our first Star Wars event, so looking forward to the experience.

I just noticed on the Touring guide app under the crowd calendar it notes a Disneyland after dark at DL on 3/8 when in fact it’s at DCA. That would mean a slightly larger crowd at DCA not DL correct?

Just thought I would offer a heads up to anyone going to the Villains party on the 8th or 10th. Hotel rates are extremely high. Disney's best rate is over $1900 for Paradise Pier. I booked Anaheim Majestic for $210 a night which is way more than I have paid on other trips. If your going and need room book something to hold and hope it goes down later.

Just thought I would offer a heads up to anyone going to the Villains party on the 8th or 10th. Hotel rates are extremely high. Disney's best rate is over $1900 for Paradise Pier. I booked Anaheim Majestic for $210 a night which is way more than I have paid on other trips. If your going and need room book something to hold and hope it goes down later.
Are you referring to the 8th and 10th of March? We’re staying at the DLH from 3/6-3/9 and noticed both them and the GCH are completely sold out on all room types. I am starting to think the parks may be way more crowded than the calendars are indicating those days.

Are you referring to the 8th and 10th of March? We’re staying at the DLH from 3/6-3/9 and noticed both them and the GCH are completely sold out on all room types. I am starting to think the parks may be way more crowded than the calendars are indicating those days.
I just saw that there is a convention called Expo West 3/8 to 3/12. Guessing that is what is causing the hotels to be booked or high rates

I just saw that there is a convention called Expo West 3/8 to 3/12. Guessing that is what is causing the hotels to be booked or high rates
Argh! We picked that week as our school district has their spring break much earlier than the rest of the country. Was hoping for low crowds. Bummer.

Argh! We picked that week as our school district has their spring break much earlier than the rest of the country. Was hoping for low crowds. Bummer.
Yeah I get that. Hopefully most will just be at the convention. It looks like they have booked up alot of rooms. I went on to the convention website and found they have most of the Disney Rooms booked. I actually booked a room for Grand California through there website for $345 a night. Its a great rate for the Grand.

Yeah I get that. Hopefully most will just be at the convention. It looks like they have booked up alot of rooms. I went on to the convention website and found they have most of the Disney Rooms booked. I actually booked a room for Grand California through there website for $345 a night. Its a great rate for the Grand.
That is a great rate indeed. What is their website?

Thanks for the heads up! I googled expo west and found it and booked that rate too!

Thanks for the tip about the expo! Grand California was all booked up but I booked Disneyland hotel for 1000 cheaper then I paid with Disney. Does anyone know if any proof is required when booking a expo room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter