The Restaurant Marrakesh (Epcot)

JeffV71

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have PS for Monday afternoon and were curious what you guys thought of your experience. It is rated "very good" from books we have read and are really looking forward to it. I suppose prices will be somewhat lower since we are eating in the afternoon, using the lunch menu. Any recommendations for dishes to try there??? Since "Food and Wine" festival will also be happening, I believe we could eat to our heart's delight but will need to hold back since we are watching our points(Weight Watchers) I have lost about 20 lbs and wife has lost closer to 30 lbs over the last 1 1/2 months. 5 days and counting before we take off around 5 am from Columbia, SC, driving, so hope to get down there around noontime....

Jeff

We had lunch there and had the combo appetizer which has beef brewat rolls, chicken bastilla, and jasmina's salad, and I really liked all three, probably even better than my entree. I believe I had the chicken kebab for my entree but can't remember what my boyfriend had. We both liked it a lot and will definitely go back.

We love it! It's a must-do for our family when we go. DH and DS love the belly dancer, lol.

Get the sampler with all the different dishes - it's fantastic and you can find what you like best for a future follow-up visit. The tile work is awesome - wait'll you see it!

Enjoy!

The last time I was there, I had the sampler! It was great! We plan on eating at Marrakesh on our next visit with the kids this time!

The beef brewat rolls, chicken bastilla, and harira soup are all AWESOME. All the entrees I've had there have been very good as well, but you can order only from the Appetizer menu and have a fantastic meal! :)

I'm on Weight Watchers and so don't want to totallly pig out either..we bought some of the kingdom lunch vouchers and are going to share the meal. also many have posted that it is possible in many WDW rest. to ask for a 1/2 portion if you won't enjoy the same entree. we are trying Marakesh in Jan.hope it's great!

My DW and I love Restaurant Marrakesh. So far it's sort of been one of Epcot's best kept secrets -- i.e., it's rarely, if ever, crowded and we have often gone and been seated immediately even without a PS.

If you are not adventurous, try the chicken kabobs. They are very tasty and mildly seasoned. However, any of the samplers are terrific also. The food is not that exotic, but it is very flavorful and interesting. It's surprising at the kinds of flavors, spices and textures they mix.

Do try to go when the belly dancer is scheduled to perform. :earseek:

If you're worried about having too much to eat, you could split the sampler feast. Very good variety and IMHO it is all delicious.
Have a great dining experience.:D

I remember eating Chicken Bastilla when I visited Epcot with my parents in 1985. I remember it VIVIDLY....it was fantastic. I'm hoping that's where my family will want to eat for lunch on the day we're at Epcot....but I did promise everyone would get a vote.

MMmmmmmmmm.....Chicken Bastilla!:Pinkbounc

Enjoy! It is a great restaurant.

When DH and I had lunch there last year, I had the Chicken Couscous and DH had the chicken Kabobs. The food was great, and the portions were huge! If you two are watching what you are eating, you could probably split an appetizer and a meal and have a very good and filling experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter