The refurb of the other rooms at CBR

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So the reburb to the other rooms at CBR are not LM themed? They don't even look Caribbean themed to me.

Sadly, no they are not the Under the Sea theme, only the curtains made it to all the other rooms. I don't like the looks of them either. Bathroom just has plain white shower curtain and the same big, clunky dark furniture. Not very Caribbean at all. I lost track with how far along they are with refurbing the other rooms.

Sadly, no they are not the Under the Sea theme, only the curtains made it to all the other rooms. I don't like the looks of them either. Bathroom just has plain white shower curtain and the same big, clunky dark furniture. Not very Caribbean at all. I lost track with how far along they are with refurbing the other rooms.
Tom Corliss of WDWN* (not sure I can post the full name) posted a room tour of the refreshed rooms at CBR on their YouTube channel a few days ago. He said all the rooms were complete, but they have not yet updated the photos on the website. They are a little bland, the wall color is an improvement, but the rooms need a little "more". Some brighter colors as accents or something! Carpet is gone, I guess that's good, but it does increase noise levels if you have a room above you. I don't think I'm a fan, either. The Little Mermaid rooms are great, a big improvement. He speculated they might become a seperate booking category, as the former Pirate rooms were.

They are beyond bland to me. Maye Disney is doing it on purpose to make those LM rooms moore desirable in that location. And the more demand for those rooms, the more they hike the prices.

It’s not bad. Maybe the blue walls are coming across more white on pictures. Could use a little more zip somewhere. I like the changes to remove carpet and open space under bed they seem to be doing everywhere. Shower curtain is missed opportunity. And somebody please move the nail hole for the picture on the right! Lol

I was not a fan of staying in the all stars back before they made similar changes. Too busy and often a bit scrufty. The new style may be bland but I still find the functionality and feel an improvement. I’m going to invoke Tom Bricker - put some bed runners in!!! Something more to up the flavor.

It’s not bad. Maybe the blue walls are coming across more white on pictures. Could use a little more zip somewhere. I like the changes to remove carpet and open space under bed they seem to be doing everywhere. Shower curtain is missed opportunity. And somebody please move the nail hole for the picture on the right! Lol

I was not a fan of staying in the all stars back before they made similar changes. Too busy and often a bit scrufty. The new style may be bland but I still find the functionality and feel an improvement. I’m going to invoke Tom Bricker - put some bed runners in!!! Something more to up the flavor.
The walls are blue?

The walls are blue?
They are but it’s not coming across well in images. Kinda just looks white. Easier to see when the camera shoots a not well lit corner to see the contrast between white ceiling and blue walls.

Yes, they are a light blue, robin's egg blue. I like that color, I just think there needs to be additional accents of color. But since they removed bedspreads and bed runners, it can be hard to add. Even a border along the wall (like they used to have) or an additional piece of artwork would help.

Tom Corliss of WDWN* (not sure I can post the full name) posted a room tour of the refreshed rooms at CBR on their YouTube channel a few days ago.

I’m not meaning to call you out here so please don’t take it as such, more just using this as an example to help folks know what is/isn’t allowed on the DIS. Technically, what you did here actually comes closer to flirting with DIS guidelines than if you had used the website name itself.

The DIS does have various businesses/websites filtered/blocked. If a banned website URL is posted the software will automatically filter it out when you post. Some names are filtered, but some are common phrases/words that would be impractical to filter. That’s why when in doubt it is best to use a URL - if it’s filtered, no harm no foul. What’s not okay is purposely trying to ‘bypass the filter’ - using a symbol instead of a letter in a URL or name, suggesting a rhyming word of the site, or similar.

For the specific blog you referenced, wdwnt.com is not a banned site on the DIS.

Always happy to answer questions.

I’m not meaning to call you out here so please don’t take it as such, more just using this as an example to help folks know what is/isn’t allowed on the DIS. Technically, what you did here actually comes closer to flirting with DIS guidelines than if you had used the website name itself.

The DIS does have various businesses/websites filtered/blocked. If a banned website URL is posted the software will automatically filter it out when you post. Some names are filtered, but some are common phrases/words that would be impractical to filter. That’s why when in doubt it is best to use a URL - if it’s filtered, no harm no foul. What’s not okay is purposely trying to ‘bypass the filter’ - using a symbol instead of a letter in a URL or name, suggesting a rhyming word of the site, or similar.

For the specific blog you referenced, wdwnt.com is not a banned site on the DIS.

Always happy to answer questions.
Thank you! This is good to know. I was by no means trying to skirt around any rules or break them! And if it helps others (me included), I don’t mind being called out! 🤣

I just watched the video and it is on par with what Disney has been doing with their room refurbs, taking a more whimsical room and making it more generic. and to me boring. But I do like that it is brighter than the previous rooms, and, like the video guy mentioned, I liked that they did keep some of the previous rooms furniture, like the table. I will say after reading the previous posts about the walls being blueish I did pick up the blue when I watched it. LOL

Looked white to me. Maybe the rooms are booking well with the skyliner, so Disney can half *** do them?

Looked white to me. Maybe the rooms are booking well with the skyliner, so Disney can half *** do them?
If the room is not going to be themed, like the mermaid rooms, then they make it very generic :sad2: I find it funny that the bed frame is not the same color as the headboard.

The walls are blue?

They are but it’s not coming across well in images. Kinda just looks white. Easier to see when the camera shoots a not well lit corner to see the contrast between white ceiling and blue walls.
We stayed in a refurbished room in September. The walls are the most faintest hue of a very light blue than you can imagine. So basically, yes they’re white unless you really concentrate on finding some color in the room. Bathroom/closet area was horrible all around. Of all the no longer themed rooms at Disney. This one probably takes the cake, but for us, the very close location to the Skyliner and the Riviera made it worth it.

We stayed in a refurbished room in September. The walls are the most faintest hue of a very light blue than you can imagine. So basically, yes ey’re white unless you really concentrate on finding some color in the room. Bathroom/closet area was horrible all around. Of all the no longer themed rooms at Disney. This one probably takes the cake, but for us, the very close location to the Skyliner and the Riviera made it worth it.
That's exactly what I see too. Those rooms taking the cake, the whole cake, for no theme. I think it's Disney's plan to be able to sell the LM rooms that are nice, but quite a hike to get too.

That's exactly what I see too. Those rooms taking the cake, the whole cake, for no theme. I think it's Disney's plan to be able to sell the LM rooms that are nice, but quite a hike to get too.
There is a restaurant (I think it's Spyglass Grill) and soda refill station at the pool area where the LM rooms are located. They are also quite close to the Skyliner station. Not such a bad location anymore.

There is a restaurant (I think it's Spyglass Grill) and soda refill station at the pool area where the LM rooms are located. They are also quite close to the Skyliner station. Not such a bad location anymore.
I feel that they will eventually become a separate booking category again. Upcharge for a pretty room 😄.

I recently returned from a quick visit at CBR. Before my trip (or any Disney trip for that matter), I looked up the Standard room tour of the refurbed room on YouTube, so I knew what to expect going in. I also knew that since I booked the cheapest room category there was pretty much no way that I would get a new Little Mermaid themed room. I also knew the shower curtain was plain and pretty abysmal. But... I had such a great time at CBR! I opened the door and everything looked crisp and fresh! The curtains had beautiful hibiscus flowers on them. They are even more pretty in person. They had artwork with Caribbean theming. Admitedly... some of the brown wood tones and choices didn't quite go with the overall Caribbean asthetic. I still had a wonderful time. I still felt the room was of value and had a blast at the resort in general! :cheer2: Maybe it's all in the way you look at things sometimes? :confused3Screenshot 2023-11-16 140903.pngScreenshot 2023-11-16 141018.png

Last edited:
To me this is the most drastic of the resorts theme less overhauls. Wonder if such will follow with other resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter