~ The Real Housewives of Orange County ~ Season 12~ 2017 ~ JULY 10th

I just read somewhere online how much the housewives of Atlanta get paid, no wonder why they do the show. Wow. Do all of them (the different cities) get a million plus per season? That explains the fancy cars and houses.

Just read that Lydia won't be returning to OC next season either. So Meghan and Lydia are quitting on their own accord, and Peggy was fired. That leaves Vicki, Tamra, Shannon and Kelly. YAWN. Andy has some work to do!

Just read that Lydia won't be returning to OC next season either. So Meghan and Lydia are quitting on their own accord, and Peggy was fired. That leaves Vicki, Tamra, Shannon and Kelly. YAWN. Andy has some work to do!

I actually wouldn't mind if it was just the four of them. Those ladies can all let loose, and I'd much rather watch a season of them having fun (and maybe getting into drunken arguments) than the past few seasons of has-beens who just want to hawk their products on us (I'm talking to you, Lydia). Of course it will never happen, but I can dream.

I too just read about Lydia but hadn’t heard about Peggy...all I can say is :cheer2:
Could. Not. Stand. Either. :rolleyes:

Not surprised about Lydia. She was obviously there just to push her magazine, which 99% of the population isn't interested in. Especially the people sitting at home watching the Real Housewives on tv.

I'm glad Peggy is gone.

Last edited:

IDK, those 4 are the ones who create the most insane drama/silliness so it might work out. Maybe they'll bring Gretchen, Heather, and Laurie back and they can just have a cage fight for the entire season with brackets and stuff like basketball.

So what do you guys think of this season so far? I don't like either of the new girls. Gina does not fit in at all. If I were Shannon I probably wouldn't care what is going on in her life either.

Shannon is in a bad place and they totally beat up on her in Jamaica, that was awful. Her divorce seems really ugly and she is obviously hurting a lot. I feel bad for her, I don't think they need to pile on her or worry about if she cares what the new girls are up to. I don't think she needed a pill, I think she needed people to just back off and let her have her feelings.

Kelly is obnoxious. Still.

Vicki is too busy being Switzerland to actually act like a friend to the person who needs the most support. It is hard to tell if Steve is really into her.

Tamara is so annoying. She is so fake. She likes everyone to think she has it all together and is perfect. I really hate her. Does she not realize how far under the bus she is throwing her supposed friend???

I don't feel badly for Shannon at all. That is one woman I could not stand to be around. She is way too much for me. Everything is not a dilemma, or a tragedy, or devastating. She needs to learn coping skills.

I don't feel badly for Shannon at all. That is one woman I could not stand to be around. She is way too much for me. Everything is not a dilemma, or a tragedy, or devastating. She needs to learn coping skills.
I give her credit for loosing the weight. Some people call it revenge weight loss.

I really liked her before her marriage fell apart. I am pretty sure if my husband cheated on me and then left me and made me feel like garbage I'd be having a life tragedy too. She's at an age in life where moving on to another partner isn't going to be easy or fun. Tamara was much younger when her and Simon split and she went right into the arms of somebody new. All of their divorce situations are very different.

Did she really lose any weight? It doesn't look like it. If she stops drinking all that vodka she will have a better chance of dropping some pounds. I would be just like her, eating myself into two more sizes instead of doing the revenge weight loss and new hot body. I just really think those ladies really jumped on her. She is not all negative, she has some good things happening. Sometimes it is hard to see the good when there's a lot of crap piled in with it.

Gina just really bothered me last night as she knew exactly what kind of reaction she was going to get from Shannon. I think she's very good at assessing people and knows exactly which buttons to push to get a reaction. Then she just sits back and watches everything unravel and then acts so flip about everything, like it's no big deal. I think Gina likes to stir the pot while acting like she has no idea she's doing it. Personally, from what I have seen so far, I don't care for her.

Kelly is still nasty. She reminds me of a screech owl when she gets mad.

Tamara has never known how to act like a good friend or like any friend for that matter. She says whatever she can to fit in with the ones she is with at the time. Not surprised her daughter doesn't want anything to do with her.
Can someone clarify where she got her money from? I don't really think by the looks of it that the gym would be that big of a money maker but I could be wrong! Was it from her divorce from Simon?

I like Emily thus far, smart, educated woman raising a decent family.

I agree Vicki is trying to be too "zen" and being safe, I almost think I like the old Vicki better, LOL

Oh Shannon.... she does need help! I really don't like how she throws out terms such as mental case and things like that. People who are on medication are not mental cases and that kind of ticks me off that she feel she can throw out terms like that.
You wouldn't think all of this that she does on TV would help her in a divorce proceeding. I really couldn't stand David, he was just beyond creepy but I really don't know how he lived with her. It just seemed like they were such two different personalities.
Shannon definitely need some major help or counseling. She's not doing yourself any favors by being on a TV show where she appears to drink like a fish and fly off the handle about absolutely everything.
I can honestly see why she wouldn't give Gina the time a day most times because she has so much going on in her own life but come on, she could at least act a little bit interested in those she is sharing a show with.

I like Tamara as a "character" but I do think she's the most wily of them all, to have survived all these seasons, and stayed a lead. If you read gossip sites, she's worth the least (less than a million, according to many), but she always manages to come up with a good enough "story" to be front and center every season (that she supposed earns 350K for). Yes, her DH owns a gym, and she probably got something out of the divorce (although knowing how Simon was portrayed, I bet not much).

I have a nostalgic "like" for Vicki, just because I think she's honest, in her early 60s, doing whatever it takes to stay young looking, desperate for love, self made businesswoman, etc. Crazy drinking Vicki was more fun, though, so I hope she dumps this boring boyfriend and finds somebody more young and fun (it worked for Tamara!).

Gina and Kelly can go at any time. Don't let the door hit you.

And Shannon, STOP the whining, you are worth enough money (assuming you got a good enough lawyer) to enjoy life more than the rest of us peons here on the DIS. Future boyfriends will be turned off less by your lovehandles than by your self obsession and woe is me attitude.

Terri

I don't like either of the new ladies. Boooring. I'm not excited by this new season at all.

I have a friend like her... It’s exhausting.

Gina just really bothered me last night as she knew exactly what kind of reaction she was going to get from Shannon. I think she's very good at assessing people and knows exactly which buttons to push to get a reaction. Then she just sits back and watches everything unravel and then acts so flip about everything, like it's no big deal. I think Gina likes to stir the pot while acting like she has no idea she's doing it. Personally, from what I have seen so far, I don't care for her.

Kelly is still nasty. She reminds me of a screech owl when she gets mad.

Tamara has never known how to act like a good friend or like any friend for that matter. She says whatever she can to fit in with the ones she is with at the time. Not surprised her daughter doesn't want anything to do with her.
Can someone clarify where she got her money from? I don't really think by the looks of it that the gym would be that big of a money maker but I could be wrong! Was it from her divorce from Simon?

I like Emily thus far, smart, educated woman raising a decent family.

I agree Vicki is trying to be too "zen" and being safe, I almost think I like the old Vicki better, LOL

Oh Shannon.... she does need help! I really don't like how she throws out terms such as mental case and things like that. People who are on medication are not mental cases and that kind of ticks me off that she feel she can throw out terms like that.
You wouldn't think all of this that she does on TV would help her in a divorce proceeding. I really couldn't stand David, he was just beyond creepy but I really don't know how he lived with her. It just seemed like they were such two different personalities.
Shannon definitely need some major help or counseling. She's not doing yourself any favors by being on a TV show where she appears to drink like a fish and fly off the handle about absolutely everything.
I can honestly see why she wouldn't give Gina the time a day most times because she has so much going on in her own life but come on, she could at least act a little bit interested in those she is sharing a show with.
I really like Emily and Gina but not necessarily for this group of women.

I do not like Gina at all for the show. I think her story line is very boring. Mom of 3 kids getting divorced. She always a "downer" it seems. I understand she us going through a tough time, but it is annoying she tried to play it off like, "Oh yeah, hubby and I are GREAT, yeah. He lives 3 hours from me and has his own apartment. We are FINE!" Nobody bought that. Also irritates me how she's like, " We are getting divorced. we love each other, we are best friends and we are still attracted to each other." UMMMMMMMMM honey, that is the definition of a good marriage. I feel like she is hiding something. There is more to the story I think.

I like Emily. Her hubby is kind of annoying though.

I feel like Tamra creates drama for the cameras

I actually like Vicky. She makes me laugh.

Shannon is exactly like the ladies described. Exhausting. I feel for her though, as she is suddenly alone at 50 and struggling to find her footing. She is suddenly doing things on her own and it's scary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter