The Pro-Genie App discussion thread - speculate how the app could make your trip next trip great!

I am with you on the virtual lines being a confusing mess because you’d most likely only be allowed one at a time.

I hope that the three genie wishes rumor comes to fruition because using them for 3 free fast passes along with one virtual line can go a long way.
Zero chance. There will be no free fast pass options offered at all. All FP will be paid options

I think part of the frustration with the negativity is that the thread references a feature we will all fall in love with. So we click, looking for a positive. Is there a part people are optimistic about that I haven't thought of? Or maybe just looking for something to be excited about because we have no details and we're worried? Perhaps something to NOT doom and gloom about until we know more? The idea of having most of the comments NOT full of negativity and QQ is refreshing. There isn't a topic where people will be happy, because it would be awful if everyone agreed with each other. But when it's titled as such, it would be kinna nice of most if the comments at least tried or were instead posted to the one of many other threads not specifically asking for positives. The conversation and both sides are important, but I think it's more respectful to put them in their place.

I think part of the frustration with the negativity is that the thread references a feature we will all fall in love with. So we click, looking for a positive. Is there a part people are optimistic about that I haven't thought of? Or maybe just looking for something to be excited about because we have no details and we're worried? Perhaps something to NOT doom and gloom about until we know more? The idea of having most of the comments NOT full of negativity and QQ is refreshing. There isn't a topic where people will be happy, because it would be awful if everyone agreed with each other. But when it's titled as such, it would be kinna nice of most if the comments at least tried or were instead posted to the one of many other threads not specifically asking for positives. The conversation and both sides are important, but I think it's more respectful to put them in their place.
So you want an echo chamber of pixie-dusted thoughts? That's what blogs are for. Message boards are for discussion of both good and bad. If the negative posts are overwhelming the positives, it's a good indication that the majority feel the leaked information is a very bad idea, will eventually hurt the theme parks and the overall guest experience.

So you want an echo chamber of pixie-dusted thoughts? That's what blogs are for. Message boards are for discussion of both good and bad. If the negative posts are overwhelming the positives, it's a good indication that the majority feel the leaked information is a very bad idea, will eventually hurt the theme parks and the overall guest experience.
HIS/HER guest experience.

I actually think a paid fast pass system would significantly enhance my guest experience.

But when they do that, aren't they being negative and complaining too? Complaining about complaining is kind of funny when you think about it.
When those people who have issues with people being negative stop going on threads that aren't titled as this one is, still complaining about others being negative- my favorite being- why do you stay around here if you "hate" Disney so much- then the argument you present is more valid.

It just seems more productive to me if we just didn't label people either as negative because they have concerns or as pixie dusters because they don't. It just derails threads and serves no purpose really.

Yeah, but there's also this. We all come to these boards to have fun, because there is NO real information about what is going to happen with any of this. People have extrapolated a sentence by Chapek to lengths that would make a Jacobian court thrilled. But there's been no real news about what Genie will or won't have, or what FPs will or won't look like for months. There's no news here, so we're all just reading to guess. Which is fun.

But for others complaining is fun. Trashing Disney is fun. Wishing things were different is fun. But for others, constantly reading complaints and speculations and accusations just isn't enjoyable. So when someone deliberately and intentionally labels a thread as positive, and then people come on for no reason other than to trash the idea, Disney, Chapek, whatever, It sucks. Take a lot of the fun out of coming here.

HIS/HER guest experience.

I actually think a paid fast pass system would significantly enhance my guest experience.
So, to continue the discussion, why is it that you believe that Genie will enhance your guest experience? What exactly is it that you've read about Genie that will make your time in the parks better than it was prior to the pandemic shutdown?

Yeah, but there's also this. We all come to these boards to have fun, because there is NO real information about what is going to happen with any of this. People have extrapolated a sentence by Chapek to lengths that would make a Jacobian court thrilled. But there's been no real news about what Genie will or won't have, or what FPs will or won't look like for months. There's no news here, so we're all just reading to guess. Which is fun.

But for others complaining is fun. Trashing Disney is fun. Wishing things were different is fun. But for others, constantly reading complaints and speculations and accusations just isn't enjoyable. So when someone deliberately and intentionally labels a thread as positive, and then people come on for no reason other than to trash the idea, Disney, Chapek, whatever, It sucks. Take a lot of the fun out of coming here.
This. All of this. I'm not saying everything needs to be positive, of course that's not reality. I have no problem with people voicing their displeasure, but there are other threads for that. It's the constant "this is 100% bad, there is zero possible positive" in the threads meant to bring a glimmer of hope that drive me crazy.

I don't think it's unreasonable for people to see a thread labeled ".. that we'll fall in love with??" and then get a little frustrated when it becomes yet another bashing of WDW based on speculation and nothing else. No one here knows whether Genie will be free of whether it will be expensive. No one knows what features it will offer. So to take a thread speculating on those features and turn it into yet another conversation about how bad it sucks that WDW is DEFINITELY going to charge for something that was previously free gets tiresome.

Since no one has said it in a while, let me toss this in: THERE IS NO PROOF OR EVIDENCE THAT WDW WILL BE CHARGING FOR ANY KIND OF FAST PASS. NONE. NADA. ZIP. REIN. They might; they might not. No one knows. People who are guessing now have been guessing before, and have guessed wrong. The fact that a lot of people are guessing doesn't make it any more real -- the plural of anecdote is not data. None of that information is "leaked." It is ALL SPECULATION AND GUESSING. It might end up being true, but to say that it's leaked is inaccurate. i had a WDW source tell me a lot last week that contradicted everything people are saying about paid FPs. I don't expect people to take me seriously as a source, but I don't know why people take what otehrs are guessing as fact, either. We don't know.

I don't think it's unreasonable for people to see a thread labeled ".. that we'll fall in love with??" and then get a little frustrated when it becomes yet another bashing of WDW based on speculation and nothing else. No one here knows whether Genie will be free of whether it will be expensive. No one knows what features it will offer. So to take a thread speculating on those features and turn it into yet another conversation about how bad it sucks that WDW is DEFINITELY going to charge for something that was previously free gets tiresome.

Since no one has said it in a while, let me toss this in: THERE IS NO PROOF OR EVIDENCE THAT WDW WILL BE CHARGING FOR ANY KIND OF FAST PASS. NONE. NADA. ZIP. REIN. They might; they might not. No one knows. People who are guessing now have been guessing before, and have guessed wrong. The fact that a lot of people are guessing doesn't make it any more real -- the plural of anecdote is not data. None of that information is "leaked." It is ALL SPECULATION AND GUESSING. It might end up being true, but to say that it's leaked is inaccurate. i had a WDW source tell me a lot last week that contradicted everything people are saying about paid FPs. I don't expect people to take me seriously as a source, but I don't know why people take what otehrs are guessing as fact, either. We don't know.
{{Sigh}}

Keep the faith and maybe Disney won't be charging for a FastPass substitute. That would be contrary to every move that they've made at their other parks to monetize line skipping. But your bus driver must know something that my bus driver wasn't privy to.

{{Sigh}}

Keep the faith and maybe Disney won't be charging for a FastPass substitute. That would be contrary to every move that they've made at their other parks to monetize line skipping. But your bus driver must know something that my bus driver wasn't privy to.

And you go right ahead and think the worst. Make sure everyone knows your dissatisfaction. Preach loud and long.

Just maybe not do it on threads that are, by title and definition, trying to be positive.

It’s not negativity. It’s reality. It’s coming and it stinks.

You're sure? 100 percent? You've been in the meetings, seen the presentations, know the market studies, know the inner wokings of the decision-makers at the Disney Company? You KNOW this because ....

Well, I guess you just do.

And you go right ahead and think the worst. Make sure everyone knows your dissatisfaction. Preach loud and long.

Just maybe not do it on threads that are, by title and definition, trying to be positive.
I'll repeat it again. This is a discussion board. You don't get to dictate what can and cannot be posted on a thread. As long as we are respectful of each other's thoughts, anyone can post their opinions on any thread.

Since this thread is on the Rumors Board, it is perfectly on-topic and acceptable to discuss our thoughts based on leaks, rumors and fact-based speculation from trusted sources. That's the reason that you won't see this kind of discussion on the Theme Parks Board. Admonishing people to stop posting in this thread on this particular board because Disney has not formally announced their intentions actually ignores the purpose of this board entirely.

I'll repeat it again. This is a discussion board. You don't get to dictate what can and cannot be posted on a thread. As long as we are respectful of each other's thoughts, anyone can post their opinions on any thread.

Since this thread is on the Rumors Board, it is perfectly on-topic and acceptable to discuss our thoughts based on leaks, rumors and fact-based speculation from trusted sources. That's the reason that you won't see this kind of discussion on the Theme Parks Board. Admonishing people to stop posting in this thread on this particular board because Disney has not formally announced their intentions actually ignores the purpose of this board entirely.
There's a huge difference for me. Saying "I'm concerned about what this may mean, I'm not sure I'll like paying for everything, but we'll see how it plays out, maybe it won't be so bad", allows for discussion, and allows others to see both sides of the issue. But constantly saying, "nope, nothing will be good about this, this will ruin everything" without actually knowing what is coming is prematurely dismissive and annoying.

Sure, all of its fair game.

it’s just a jerk move to hijack someone’s thread to make sure everyone knows your displeasure about hypotheticals, and then to repeatedly state those hypotheticals fact.

they aren’t. You know nothing. You have no sources, no insight, no justification for your suppositions. And yet you keep wanting to state them as certainties and belittling those who disagree as naive.

you may see it as harmless, but people believe things they read here. They change plans when these negative guess are presented as unavoidable fact. They lose affection for something they love based on those negative, and often incorrect, assertions. Why is it important to trash someone else’s hopes? Why try to make them feel stupid for holding on to positivity when there is no reason to think that positivity is unjustified? It’s not even a “the truth hurts” thing because there’s no “truth” in what you’re saying.

Absolutely. The only folks who get to dictate what is and isn't posted are the mods based on their policy. Some are sharing their negative opinions, others are sharing their opinions of those negative opinions. It's ALL conversation. My personal opinion is the title was looking for positives, and I'm trying to show enough respect for that to either offer some, or come here to read about some. Beats spreading the constant misery, IMO. :guilty:

There's already 10 boards ripping apart the uncertainty of Genie. One or two boards tried to start a different conversation from the other 10 boards. Can't have that though :rotfl:Maybe we should just talk about Universal instead.

Sure, all of its fair game.

it’s just a jerk move to hijack someone’s thread to make sure everyone knows your displeasure about hypotheticals, and then to repeatedly state those hypotheticals fact.

they aren’t. You know nothing. You have no sources, no insight, no justification for your suppositions. And yet you keep wanting to state them as certainties and belittling those who disagree as naive.

you may see it as harmless, but people believe things they read here. They change plans when these negative guess are presented as unavoidable fact. They lose affection for something they love based on those negative, and often incorrect, assertions. Why is it important to trash someone else’s hopes? Why try to make them feel stupid for holding on to positivity when there is no reason to think that positivity is unjustified? It’s not even a “the truth hurts” thing because there’s no “truth” in what you’re saying.
I agree with what your sentiments entirely, BUT we do have evidence to be upset about. Look at DAP, Shanghai etc. I understand they need to make money. But they have, its not like Disney is struggling, (ok ok the past year been a disaster I agree) but they are already back to profitability per there own recent financial releases (which honestly surprised me). I just see what it takes to already go to Disney, its alot. I see my favorite place on Earth getting Greedier and Greedier (current Christmas AH prices). Its just very disheartening to know Family and Friends who struggle to go once every 2 or 3 years. We are fortunate that we try to go every year. It just seems CRASS to be asking for more when they are probably the most expensive "family" vacation spot in the nation. I am losing the ability to justify a Disney Vacation, with all the downgrades for what it currently costs. And its also not just about COST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter