The Polynesian's Rooms

OhanaCassidy

Mouseketeer
We have a booked trip for June 30- July 11th at the Poly in a standard room view, I was wondering if anyone had ever stayed here before with this view and knew what it was like? Or if someone knew what I should I expect?

From what I've read and have been told, the Polynesian doesn't really have a bad view. Even the "parking lot" view is covered by foliage and you can see the monorail. So I think you are good! :)

We are staying in October 2017 and also booked standard view.

We had a standard view room in Rarotonga (3818) with a "parking lot view". The foliage was so heavy, you wouldn't know without looking very hard. For us, a King room was more important than view.

Somewhere, behind the foliage, was the bus stop. We never heard it. If we really paid attention we could see the monorail. I'm assuming this type of view is what you're most worried about, and it really wasn't bad. Hope that helps.

Farro is right, there's no bad view! There are, however, different views and longhouses situated in different areas (on the marina, next to the pools, near the TTC). What are you looking for? We were in Fiji, facing the marina, for our August trip. It was beautiful! I think next time I would request Rartonga to be closer to transportation and the TTC.

Here is a link to Touring Plan's room views. Just click on the longhouse and you can see a view (or approximate view) from each room. Have fun!
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-polynesian-resort

We've had standard views in Rarotonga and on both the marina and luau cove side of Fiji. All fantastic! I would just suggest making at least one room request either for a ground floor or third floor room. Ground floors have patios, third floors have balconies, 2nd floors have neither!

Our last stay we had Samoa, volcano pool view. It was a great view! Could see pool and up the lagoon to GF. This was considered a standard view. Unlike the Epcot resorts, WL & AKL, pool or garden views are considered standard view.

I agree that there really aren't any bad views at the Poly. As a pp said, some long houses overlook a pool while others over look the marina or garden foliage, but I think all of them are nice :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter