• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I did some math...
counted a bunch of windows, in a bunch of pictures, from a bunch of angles...
extrapolated from the first floor plans shown above...
and came up with some rough numbers.

(I did not count anything on floors 9 or 10, as they may be the grand villas, or something different entirely)

I came up with a total of 256 units. (if we add 14 units from floors 9 & 10, that will get to 270)
I, of coarse, counted 2BR lock-offs as 2 units.

Divided into three views, I get the following:
Standard view - 119
Pool view - 30
Lagoon/Theme Park view - 107

Based on dimensions in the first floor plans from above, and in many photos (including my own), I believe there are going to be 24 Duo Studios, with 17 having Standard view and 7 having Lagoon/Theme Park view.
Those standard view Duo Studios are going to be the "Starting at 10 points/night" sales pitch, just like Riviera and DLH.

Broken down by villa sizes:
2 Bedroom, dedicated - 6
Duo Studio - 24
1 Bedroom - 88 (including lock-offs)
Studio - 138 (including lock-offs)

Add some Grand Villas on the upper floors, and we have what appears to be a very good mix.
I am even more confident now that this will be a new association of its own.

Out of curiosity, I looked up Riviera’s room breakdown. Ignoring view categories:

-24 Tower Studios
-186 Studios (incl. 2BD lockoffs)
-177 1BD (incl. 2BD lockoffs)
-90 2BD Dedicated
-12 GV
Total 489 “keys.”

With 6,743,910 total, the average points per night (all room categories, all seasons) is 37.8 per “key.”

I’d say it would absolutely make sense for Poly tower to have more dedicated larger units and fewer lockoffs, given all the hotel rooms and studios at Poly already, but no idea how that will pan out. This new tower is on a much smaller footprint than Riv so it makes sense there would be fewer rooms. But if there are, say 4,000,000 points, it’ll probably average out higher per room than Riv.
I guess this is obvious but I’ve never thought about it this way before, but given a fixed number of “keys” (units), the higher point per room per night, the more points Disney can sell total, right? 🤔

I guess this is obvious but I’ve never thought about it this way before, but given a fixed number of “keys” (units), the higher point per room per night, the more points Disney can sell total, right? 🤔
Yes, higher point charts means more points they sell and therefore more money.

The room counts are making me wish we bought VGF during the summer incentives. Short walk to tower for restaurants. Poly pools will be overcrowded so VGF more peaceful. Likely better point charts for VGF. So many tower room types/views but limited quantity likely means difficulty booking some.

Thanks for posting that, @Jwaire!

Looks like it's just first floor, but still cool to see!

Breakdowns of what I can see:
View attachment 795178
Orange = 2 Bedroom Lock-off
Blue = Dedicated 1 Bedrooms
Pink = Dedicated Deluxe Studios
Green = Duo

This is the lower 2 Bedroom Lock-off, can even see the dividing door:
View attachment 795172\\
Curiously, they don't draw the entire wall dividing the Studio from the 1BR?

This is the Duo-style room:
View attachment 795173

There are 2 different bathroom layouts for the 2BRLOs? The one on the left is VDH-style, but the one on the right is different. Accessibility maybe?
View attachment 795177

I think these are the top two 1 Bedrooms (dedicated), but the 'open' wall between them is confusing:
View attachment 795180
Again, an alternate bathroom layout. Top one is VDH-style, bottom may be accessibility?

And finally, two of what I think are dedicated Deluxe Studios, again two different bathroom layouts and an MIA dividing wall:

View attachment 795181

I'm really scrutinizing these possible studios and the bathroom layouts.

If it's the same association could Poly tower have studios that sleep 4 with a single bath vs Poly longhouses sleeping 5 with a split bath? I guess it could just be a new studio category? Or would it be more like AKV 1-bedrooms at Kidani vs Jambo?

BRV sleeps 5 vs CCV sleeping 4 with the alternate shower layouts.

IDK if this combined with the SEC text helps or confuses me more?!

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 1.40.37 AM.png

@mrsap shared this on the Polynesian Village Resort thread...

Glass Windows & Sliders Installed at New Polynesian Village Resort Disney Vacation Club Tower

1695151466156.png

I might be the only one but I’d love a studio/duo lockoff. You have an extra person or two that wants their own private room and bath? Duo lockoff! For those times when privacy matters much more than kitchen and living room.
I understand the appeal, but there would be no room in the duo to put an extra door. I've toured the tower studios at RIV and there is not one inch of extra wall space. Unless you somehow magically turned that murphy bed into a revolving door.

Well, I did some math...

(I did not count anything on floors 9 or 10, as they may be the grand villas, or something different entirely)

I came up with a total of 256 units. (if we add 14 units from floors 9 & 10, that will get to 270)

Standard view - 119
Pool view - 30

Based on dimensions in the first floor plans from above, and in many photos (including my own), I believe there are going to be 24 Duo Studios, with 17 having Standard view and 7 having Lagoon/Theme Park view.
Those standard view Duo Studios are going to be the "Starting at 10 points/night" sales pitch, just like Riviera and DLH.

2 Bedroom, dedicated - 6
Duo Studio - 24

Add some Grand Villas on the upper floors, and we have what appears to be a very good mix.
Neat!

I'm really scrutinizing these possible studios and the bathroom layouts.

If it's the same association could Poly tower have studios that sleep 4 with a single bath vs Poly longhouses sleeping 5 with a split bath? I guess it could just be a new studio category? Or would it be more like AKV 1-bedrooms at Kidani vs Jambo?

BRV sleeps 5 vs CCV sleeping 4 with the alternate shower layouts.

IDK if this combined with the SEC text helps or confuses me more?!

View attachment 795473
4 vs 5 is about space for a third bed (pull down chair or under TV murphy bed) and not about bathrooms. I don't see them going so much smaller that they can't fit a third bed. It's easier to sell points when the extra sleeper is there so I don't see them choosing to *not* put in the third sleeper. I'd expect tower normal studios to sleep 5.

There's nothing about these plans that should push in any direction toward new vs. existing association.

With only 270 “keys” do we assume the point chart is going to be painful?
I think it will be similar to the VGF chart. Within 10% or so. I think a chart that blows past VGF would be hard to justify. I really want to love Poly2 and make it my first direct contract, but if it's 400 points for week in a standard 1BR or something, that's gonna be a hard pass. I'll go with Riviera.

Last edited:
Reactions: ehh

They will determine points for sale on lock offs based off of a 2 bedroom since they can’t sell the extra points associated with the lock off premium they apply.

The fact that this may have some dedicated studios and 1 bedrooms that will play a role as well.

Most wording has been generic enough to apply under different scenarios. Polynesian Villas seems like it could be a placeholder without actually naming the project.

I get the feeling (🤔 lol) they want to reserve the ability for separate asst’n. Just not ready to commit, which makes sense with 3 world shaking events within the last 2 decades of DVC. If they commit to separate/restrictions now and something happens where same asst’n would serve them better, how could they change course? Beside the legalities it would upset those who made buying decisions on that info. Why risk it until necessary. Vague is helping create intrigue.

Seeing that slide now in the context of it all, I agree and go back to my original thinking of 95% it will be new!

Unless they don’t plan to use a SV designation at the tower, they will need to name each differently so one knows what they are booking. At least we have something to talk about!

Smart move putting the restaurant on the first floor. Also the bar area on the pool side of that first floor restaurant.
The roof is one of the best locations in Disney, way better than RIV's. The view will be perfect. It's got to be a bar or a restaurant also, like Topolino. GF wasted the equivalent space.

And it lets DVC pay for most of the building while the Mouse takes the best spot to make cash, just like RIV.

Last edited:
Closing on my small Poly resale contract as we speak... I am now sort of leaning towards hoping its a separate association (as long as I can use the pool!) If point charts are high I would prefer less demand for the std longhouse studios. I've got 200 direct VGF points I can use if I need larger accommodations at likely lower points! A deal is a deal though, and if they have anything comparable to this summers VGF sale it might be worthwhile anyway?
Also... I once heard a rumor there could be a lazy river? Can we tell from the plans if thats at all possible? That would lock me in as a buy it now! :)

So you think the 1BR will have one full bath plus a 1/2 bath? Is that what VDH has?
VDH:
2437D760-BD17-40D3-978F-5AAC510678AB.jpeg

This is the 1BR that can become a 2BR lockoff. The dedicated 2BR would have 2 real beds instead of the studio setup.

I love that they are putting 2 bathrooms in 1BR. Right now that is a big reason why we’d choose 2 studios over 1BR. The smaller bathroom here looks to be complete with sink, toilet and shower.

Well, I did some math...

Standard view - 119
Pool view - 30

2 Bedroom, dedicated - 6
Duo Studio - 24

This is some next level Scotland Yard type work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter