The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Grand Floridian really does have the worst spot on the monorail. Often crowded when headed to MK and such a long ride around when headed back.

I’m excited about new food and other offerings at Poly Tower, but I love the location of the existing DVC buildings for access to both monorails via TTC.
Yeah, it should go the other way with VGF first pick up

Yeah, it should go the other way with VGF first pick up
First pickup can mean a 20-30 minute trip around the monorail to get to MK. When staying at BLT, far faster to walk. We wish they built VGF on the MK side of GF. It would then have short walk like BLT.

Personal opinion, of the MK resorts, PVB is the perfect stop because short walk to TTC (direct monorail, resort monorail, ferry) to MK and direct monorail to Epcot.

But the monorails may be full by the time they reach the GF.
I’ve seen so many people on live streams that park at TTC and take resort monorail instead of express because “these lines are so much shorter”, and encouraging everyone to do it when going to MK from TTC. With the addition of PVb2, I almost wish they’d add a scanner to that entry. I know it’s be careful what you wish for, and I’m I’m sure there’s probably a lot of scenarios that I’m not thinking about that would make me regret saying that, but I think it’s compounding the issue.

I’ve seen so many people on live streams that park at TTC and take resort monorail instead of express because “these lines are so much shorter”, and encouraging everyone to do it when going to MK from TTC. With the addition of PVb2, I almost wish they’d add a scanner to that entry. I know it’s be careful what you wish for, and I’m I’m sure there’s probably a lot of scenarios that I’m not thinking about that would make me regret saying that, but I think it’s compounding the issue.
Resort / Restaurant hopping would be killed. They make good money off of people that go to the resorts to shop and eat.

I think when you look at the pictures of the new building you can make out a decent number of single “window” rooms. That is all the information I need to know to say that it will be its own association. They wouldn’t add more studios to the same association would they?

I think when you look at the pictures of the new building you can make out a decent number of single “window” rooms. That is all the information I need to know to say that it will be its own association. They wouldn’t add more studios to the same association would they?
VGF2 added more studios to the same association, but that's a different animal since VGF1 already had 1-2-3- BDRM villas and it was a relatively quick refurb of an existing building.

It's looking like it will be its own association for other reasons though.

Having one out of every two resort monorails not stopping at the TTC during peak hours would really help ease things up for the resort guests.

Is the wide spread discount offers on rooms any indication that POLY2 prices might not be as high as anticipated?

The other thing with Poly2 pricing is even if they came out with a good $/pt price, there’s no guarantee of a good points chart. We’re not far removed from Riviera and its points requirements somewhere between BLT TPV and VGF for the same categories…

Poly 1 is already technically pricey as far as studios go, so Poly 2 could be some of the highest points per night of any WDW DVC.

The other thing with Poly2 pricing is even if they came out with a good $/pt price, there’s no guarantee of a good points chart. We’re not far removed from Riviera and its points requirements somewhere between BLT TPV and VGF for the same categories…

Poly 1 is already technically pricey as far as studios go, so Poly 2 could be some of the highest points per night of any WDW DVC.
I don’t think it matters same association or not - I think it will be the highest point chart at WDW since that is where Poly sits now.

Here are some pics from yesterday…

First, how visible it is from the main pool area.
You can barely see the top floors.
IMG_4653.jpeg

Progress seems to be near the end of the main section and getting ready for the last section by the pool area.
IMG_4654.jpeg

IMG_4673.jpeg

VGF2 added more studios to the same association, but that's a different animal since VGF1 already had 1-2-3- BDRM villas and it was a relatively quick refurb of an existing building.

It's looking like it will be its own association for other reasons though.
I can't figure out those single window rooms - because where are the 2 bedrooms? Usually, a 2 bedroom has a shared balcony between the master and the living area, and then a second balcony for the second bedroom. The balconies with two windows must be the one bedrooms - but where's the second room? Would the single windows be a new type of lock-off where they add a two bed studio to make a 2 bedroom? Or just have only tower studios since there's already an overabundance of studios at Poly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter