The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm trying to wrap my head around what I'm reading and ohhhhh boy. I thought I knew about DVC.

Suppose a DVC portfolio consists entirely of: 110 Direct Poly points and 50 Non-grandfathered Poly resale points. What is your strategy for adding on 100-ish more points??? (no rush, taking into consideration either scenario for Poly tower association, other resorts, direct, not direct, etc, etc)
It would depend if it is the same or different association and if you are happy with the studios in PVB1 or want to stay in either.

If they are separate associations- I would just stick with poly 1 and buy 50 resale 50 direct to get a blue card ( if you already have a blue card then 100 resale ) you can try poly2 it at 7 months with your 110 or 160 direct.

If they are the same association then I would sell your 50 resale and buy 150 at the hopefully discounted initial offering to members. You would end up with 260 direct and the ability to sell the 110 contract down the road and keep your blue card if you need less points.

It would depend if it is the same or different association and if you are happy with the studios in PVB1 or want to stay in either.

If they are separate associations- I would just stick with poly 1 and buy 50 resale 50 direct to get a blue card ( if you already have a blue card then 100 resale ) you can try poly2 it at 7 months with your 110 or 160 direct.

If they are the same association then I would sell your 50 resale and buy 150 at the hopefully discounted initial offering to members. You would end up with 260 direct and the ability to sell the 110 contract down the road and keep your blue card if you need less points.
Totally agree with the strategy if it’s the same association. Good suggestions about separate association strategy, but if it is separate I’m not sure what I would do… If I knew it would be a separate association I might buy more points now at another resort instead of poly. Or I might just happily hold at what I currently have. I guess I will need to be patient until there is info. Thanks

Totally agree with the strategy if it’s the same association. Good suggestions about separate association strategy, but if it is separate I’m not sure what I would do… If I knew it would be a separate association I might buy more points now at another resort instead of poly. Or I might just happily hold at what I currently have. I guess I will need to be patient until there is info. Thanks
I am in a similar boat to you, I have 2 direct RR contracts150/100, 100 Poly resale, and 100 BWV resale. I do not need more points since I am single and I am perfectly happy in a studio. When traveling for work I frequently turn down suite upgrades since it is just more places for me to lose things and I don't need more than a bed, a desk or table, and a mini fridge.

My plan if poly is separate and resale prices sink is to grab 50 more Poly, and call it enough at 500 points till 2042. IF the price of 50 resale poly holds I will just keep it at 100 resale. - I won't mind the 100BWV dropping off since that is the year I will retire. The resale poly will still work at BLT/CCV/VGF/Poly1 for the rest of my vacation life So I have 3-4 nights at MK resorts covered.

If they are the same association with no restrictions I will expect the value of my 100 Poly resale points to hold, So I will sell them and buy 150 direct poly. When you own RR resale points are not as effective in planning.

What I will not do is buy direct at any sold-out resort 275 for BLT? nope! - even the current "deal" at Poly for 238 for 150 points is ridiculous. VGF is a choice right now but the small proportion of deluxe studios for me was a dealbreaker.

I was catching up on some back DVCFan podcasts at the gym, and was surprised to hear it being communicated quite confidently that Poly2 would probably be in the same association as Poly1. This wasn’t presented as opinion either, but as a general consensus.

If there’s anything all of us can agree on, it’s the fact that none of us really know. Granted, this is just my opinion, and I do think the hosts are great (though Pete seems to have lost interest and disappeared), but this felt like more of an effort to sell resale than to be 100% honest. I was surprised that the podcast seems to be turning into an ongoing commercial for our boards’ sponsor.

And if I listened to the podcast, and bought Poly1 for the express reason of staying in the new tower, only to have it wind up in its own association (as I think it will), I‘d have only myself to blame for not doing enough research. But I would feel misled as well.

Last edited:
I was catching up on some back DVCFan podcasts at the gym, and was surprised to hear it being communicated quite confidently that Poly2 would probably be in the same association as Poly1. This wasn’t presented as opinion either, but as a general consensus.

If there’s anything all of us can agree on, it’s the fact that none of us really know. Granted, this is just my opinion, and I do think the hosts are great (though Pete seems to have lost interest and disappeared), but this felt like more of an effort to sell resale than to be 100% honest. I was surprised that the podcast seems to be turning into an ongoing commercial for our boards’ sponsor.

And if I listened to the podcast, and bought Poly1 for the express reason of staying in the new tower, only have it wind up in its own association (as I think it will), I‘d have only myself to blame for not doing enough research. But I would feel misled as well.
I was surprised by this as well. I don’t really think there is much to suggest with any certainty if will be the same association. In fact, my money is on a separate association.

Has anyone noticed that Disney is offering $12-49 discounts on direct PVB points over 100 right now? I wonder if that is an indicator of which way the association decision will go. Trying to clear out existing inventory before releasing new points? I can never remember the linking rules, but it is up on the dvcexplorer.

And if I listened to the podcast, and bought Poly1 for the express reason of staying in the new tower, only to have it wind up in its own association (as I think it will), I‘d have only myself to blame for not doing enough research. But I would feel misled as well.
This goes back to the DVC meeting when there was a slide show that indicated that the new tower would be in same association. Like many, I do not think it was an accident that they labeled as such. While it could be that they are separate association, it screams they will not be separate since after many noticed the slide show labeling there was no comment/correction that has come out of DVC management.

Suppose a DVC portfolio consists entirely of: 110 Direct Poly points and 50 Non-grandfathered Poly resale points. What is your strategy for adding on 100-ish more points??? (no rush, taking into consideration either scenario for Poly tower association, other resorts, direct, not direct, etc, etc)
Depends on your plan, and I am assuming Poly2 is restricted. If Poly2 isn't restricted, then I don't think any of us have any clue what DVC is doing, including DVC.

If you plan to have DVC ripped out of your dying hands, then direct points matter to future resorts. I'd buy 150 Poly2 (or wait for next resort) and sell the 50. Heck, maybe buy 250 and sell the others, though I do expect Poly1 to get a hit in resale value.

If you plan to hold this only a decade, it's hard to argue with the bananas low resale prices right now. That is definitely what I would be buying. Who cares about Poly2 and RIV3. I mean Boardwalk under 120, wow.

I was surprised by this as well. I don’t really think there is much to suggest with any certainty if will be the same association. In fact, my money is on a separate association.
Agreed! But if you work for the board’s sponsor, and want to sell Poly1 resale points, you can use the podcast as a tool to juice sales by proclaiming that you’re pretty sure Poly2 will be in the same association. At best it’s just being uninformed. At worst it’s being dishonest. It feels like the episodes are becoming more sales oriented and sounding a little more used car salesman-ish. It’s still a fun podcast, but in my opinion they need to be more aware of this.

All I know is that...... if I buy Poly points, it will be after the price of points and if it is a new or same association has been declared by DVC and not before. I made the mistake of buying resale VGF points before everything was known. Won't make that mistake again.
If it makes you feel any better, I actually bought some direct VGF points before VGF2 was announced. Even though I couldn’t have anticipated what was going to happen, at the time I obviously wished I’d waited!

This goes back to the DVC meeting when there was a slide show that indicated that the new tower would be in same association. Like many, I do not think it was an accident that they labeled as such. While it could be that they are separate association, it screams they will not be separate since after many noticed the slide show labeling there was no comment/correction that has come out of DVC management.
Honestly, I don’t think that screams anything, but most of all it doesn’t scream that DVC would secretly bury such a major announcement in a single fleeting slide as part of a presentation, like a hidden Mickey or easter egg. They’ll announce it when they announce it, and they haven’t done it yet. Any attempt to imply you know otherwise to sell Poly1 resale, which is what I heard on the podcast, just isn’t above board. They’re not selling used cars. I still think it’s a good podcast, but this was a mistake. Wish Pete would show a little more interest in it.

Last edited:
5 adults in a BLT studio, no thank you. 2 adults plus 3 kids at PVB, sure (450sqft and a separate shower from the tub/shower combo). All depends on the execution.

2 adults + 3 kids at PVB = my family a few weeks ago. The baby slept in a crib in the second bathroom, and I somehow ended up moving from my bed to my 4-year-old's sofa bed every night around 2 AM. Overall, not too bad!

If it makes you feel any better, I actually bought some direct VGF points before VGF2 was announced. Even though I couldn’t have anticipated what was going to happen, at the time I obviously wished I’d waited!
We bought some VGF resale points only a about $10/point cheaper than Direct so we weren't happy about that, luckily it had all it's current UY points so we were able to rent them out and ended up making about $20/point on those, so it worked out but I think we would have preferred to have the direct points.

We bought some VGF resale points only a about $10/point cheaper than Direct so we weren't happy about that, luckily it had all it's current UY points so we were able to rent them out and ended up making about $20/point on those, so it worked out but I think we would have preferred to have the direct points.
I did wind up buying a bunch of the VGF2 direct points. At least it got my average cost per point down!

I could not agree with you more. This is a gigantic company and they thoroughly vet everything before it is presented to the public. They used that exact wording on purpose. IF they had made a mistake they would have found a way to quietly correct it as soon as possible. My money had been on separate- but that presentation totally changed my mind.

Honestly, I don’t think that screams anything, but most of all it doesn’t scream that DVC would secretly bury such a major announcement in a single fleeting slide as part of a presentation

You may be right. But they knew it was in there and used that slide for a reason. I am certainly not a lawyer but I actually think that that one slide could open them up to trouble if they do make it a new association. People that purchased since then could say they were misled.

Has anyone noticed that Disney is offering $12-49 discounts on direct PVB points over 100 right now? I wonder if that is an indicator of which way the association decision will go. Trying to clear out existing inventory before releasing new points? I can never remember the linking rules, but it is up on the dvcexplorer.
What is DVC explorer? I am not familiar with it and it says you have to log in.

Depends on your plan, and I am assuming Poly2 is restricted. If Poly2 isn't restricted, then I don't think any of us have any clue what DVC is doing, including DVC.

If you plan to have DVC ripped out of your dying hands, then direct points matter to future resorts. I'd buy 150 Poly2 (or wait for next resort) and sell the 50. Heck, maybe buy 250 and sell the others, though I do expect Poly1 to get a hit in resale value.

If you plan to hold this only a decade, it's hard to argue with the bananas low resale prices right now. That is definitely what I would be buying. Who cares about Poly2 and RIV3. I mean Boardwalk under 120, wow.
I agree it’s very tricky to predict what DVC will do. I can’t figure them out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter