The Plaza or Tonys?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I was thinking either the Plaza or Tonys would be good to take kids to. I've never been to either and could only fit one into our schedule. Currently have Tony's booked, but looking at the Plaza menu I think I like it more, of course it's now unavailable for the days so I'd have to search for it. Are these good restaurants to take kids to? The reviews I've read are kind of mixed for both. The kids are sort of picky eaters. Should I put in the effort to try and get the plaza or stick with Tonys? Or get rid of both?

I was thinking either the Plaza or Tonys would be good to take kids to. I've never been to either and could only fit one into our schedule. Currently have Tony's booked, but looking at the Plaza menu I think I like it more, of course it's now unavailable for the days so I'd have to search for it. Are these good restaurants to take kids to? The reviews I've read are kind of mixed for both. The kids are sort of picky eaters. Should I put in the effort to try and get the plaza or stick with Tonys? Or get rid of both?
The Plaza is a must for us every trip! Tony's isn't as good. :sad2:

The Plaza for sure. We love it there that is one tradition we make sure we eat at
This year we have to do lunch could not get a dinner reservation but that is ok

Tonys not good at all

Another vote for the Plaza. We walked up just before noon, and we were seated right away. It's really a charming little spot; the Mayor popped in while we were there. Such fun!

Definitely The Plaza! The food is considerably better, and you don't have to worry about making a reservation. Easy call.

i would choose the plaza over tony's. In my opinion the food is much better at the plaza. I didnt hate tony's, but i cant really picture myself going back there anytime soon.

If they allow reservations all day now does that mean walking up won't be possible?

I agree with the plaza but we warned the portions are huge so some sharing might be a good idea. We thought the food was o.k., our server sucked, she literally threw our plates to us but it was very busy so maybe she was having an off day. Neither my son nor I could finish our food and I just got the loaded fries.

I would keep Tony's. I think kids would enjoy that more, especially if they like Lady and the Tramp. We've enjoyed our meals there both times we went. It's basically Olive Garden quality. Service was excellent both times.

You could also look into the Festival of Fantasy package at Tony's. With that, appetizer is included. Depends on what you order, the package could be cheaper than paying for app, entrée, dessert, and drink separately.

The Plaza is very solid. The portions are GIANT! I haven't been to Tony's in a decade, it was terrible then I haven't read anything since that would make me want to go back.
I agree with this. I LOVE the plaza. Cute little place with great food. Very solid choice. Tony's though, BLAH! No thank you. I ate there a while ago, and it was horrid! I havent been back since....and i wont be back until this place gets the overhaul it desperately needs. And btw i would put this place far below Olive Garden quality. Just my opinion.

If they allow reservations all day now does that mean walking up won't be possible?
Walking up at any restaurant is possible. It all depends on when you walk up. I've been successful walking up at many restaurants...mind you it was always just the two of us. Parties of 3 or more will have a harder time. Bottom line is, you can always try walking up. If you can make an ADR, even better. I'd keep checking for an ADR for the dates you want though.

I may the only person that still defends Tony's, but honestly it's worth it!! It's a subtle Lady and the Tramp theme, and I've found the food good in past. I've also experienced great service at the restaurant, so I would definitely give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter