The planning is done….NOW WHAT????

xipotec

Grinning Ghosts
We all know how much planning and organizing goes into a successful visit…..

But eventually, you get to the point where I am…..final ADR’s made, reservations finalized, touring plan complete…..

NOW WHAT???

I have 20 days left to wait….and all I am able to do is stalk wait times on the app…..and dream

Watch Fresh Baked for weekly news updates. Watch Provost Park Pass for fun videos about all the things you may not notice during your trip so it will help you keep and eye out. Watch Offhand Disney just because his content can be pretty amusing.

Scour menus in the app at mobile order AND non mobile order QS places. Make a list of all the items that sound good and where to get them. Note mobile order availability. Refer to your list when you get hungry, because you WILL forget all about the foods you wanted to try and end up with a hot dog and bag of Lays cause you are hungry and overwhelmed. Don't do this.

Learn how the Tip Board works if you plan to use G+

Get familiar with the mobile order process. Pretend to place an order and see what item modifications are available if you have any picky eaters (some places allow more mods than others).

If you'd like to share your plans, we might have some feedback (is this your first trip?)

How exciting! I usually spend 3 weeks wondering if I chose the right hotels and change my mind about where to stay, but you probably won't do that, so.......

Make your packing list. Practice using the app and keep an eye on wait times to get a feel for how they might be while you're there. I went through menus and made a list of things to try, made myself a list of where the water fill stations and good bathrooms are etc. Plan your outfits. Is there anything you need to buy for the trip? Hats, cooling towels, new backpack, lanyard, pins etc.

Bask in the fun of completing your planning! Your trip will be awesome :)

I like to shadow the days I'm going, just to make sure my plan will make sense. I also like to look at what options to look at in case something goes down at the time I was planning to ride it as closures do affect wait times and Genie+ times for other rides.

I seem to enjoy the planning more than the trip as I get older :) All of the above suggestions are great. I seem to make tweaks up until the day before. Look for places to eat outside the park if you are up to it. The Anaheim Packing District is close and a great place, we typically hit it on our way to the park or on the travel day. When all else fails me, I get a jump on packing. Always room to improve your methods!

Celebrate your planning accomplishments. Have a fun dinner out to raise a toast. 🥂
Hydrate.
Get good rest.
Watch your favorite Disney movies.
Post your park itinerary and have our Dis friends weigh in on it.
Get all the laundry done for your packing and put your outfits aside.
Organize all of your electronics for travel. Double check all of the charging cords, etc.

Have a fantastic time! Beautiful Disneyland is waiting for you!

Scour menus in the app at mobile order AND non mobile order QS places. Make a list of all the items that sound good and where to get them. Note mobile order availability. Refer to your list when you get hungry, because you WILL forget all about the foods you wanted to try and end up with a hot dog and bag of Lays cause you are hungry and overwhelmed. Don't do this.

Learn how the Tip Board works if you plan to use G+

Get familiar with the mobile order process. Pretend to place an order and see what item modifications are available if you have any picky eaters (some places allow more mods than others).

If you'd like to share your plans, we might have some feedback (is this your first trip?)
First DL trip….
Been to literally dozens and dozens of WDW.

We are doing 4 days, Half day at DCA, then DL, DCA, and last day back to DL.

Rope Drop each day;
Lamplight dinner first half day at DCA,
2nd Day at DL Trader Sams, Lunch
3rd Day DCA , Lunch , La Brea ,
Last DL day is Breakfast at Carnation, lunch Blue Bayou.

We Plan on grazing for in between for all the good snacks, and hitting a Mobile order for dinners…Eyeballing Pacific warf in DCA, and New Orleans cafe at DL…

Browsing and saving the snacks is a great call… we know we want to do Mickey Beignets and Churros for sure.

Breakfast is a mystery for the trip due to the ripe drop strategy.

First DL trip….
Been to literally dozens and dozens of WDW.

We are doing 4 days, Half day at DCA, then DL, DCA, and last day back to DL.

Rope Drop each day;
Lamplight dinner first half day at DCA,
2nd Day at DL Trader Sams, Lunch
3rd Day DCA , Lunch , La Brea ,
Last DL day is Breakfast at Carnation, lunch Blue Bayou.

We Plan on grazing for in between for all the good snacks, and hitting a Mobile order for dinners…Eyeballing Pacific warf in DCA, and New Orleans cafe at DL…

Browsing and saving the snacks is a great call… we know we want to do Mickey Beignets and Churros for sure.

Breakfast is a mystery for the trip due to the ripe drop strategy.

Okay, so these are my expert (self identified) opinions:

Cancel La Brea lunch. It is not good. FAR better food options in DCA. Just stay there for lunch. I recommend Pyms Test Kitchen, Flos V8 Cafe, Pacific Wharf, Cocina Cucamonga, Paradise Garden Grill, in that order.

Cancel the Blue Bayou. Seriously. Don't waste your money. Don't fall into the first timer trap of "you must eat at Blue Bayou." You really don't. It's bad food, bad service, and it's so dark you need a flashlight to see.

Skip the MICKEY beignets. Get Beignets at Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen Express in DtD. Those are the good ones. If you want a sweet snack in New Orleans Square, the fritters at Royal Verandah are FAR BETTER than the Mickey Beignets. They are currently blueberry with a lemon curd dip. SO GOOD!!! They are like donut holes taken up to 11.

For breakfasts I'd recommend Pym's at DCA (AMAZING french toast) and Jolly Holiday or Red Rose Tavern at DL.

Skip Cafe Orleans as well (which is a TS restaurant). Its a complete rip off right now. If you want cajun/creole, head to French Market or Royal St. Verandah (and if you want gumbo, right now it's being served in bread bowls at Harbor Galley). But, what you really need to add to your list is the Fried Chicken meal at Plaza Inn. Best meal in the park, hands down.

Good tip. I go all the time and I still forget about stuff I want to try and end up getting full on pickles.

I have a checklist set up in my notes app on my phone that I update regularly as seasonal items come around. I never get to everything, but it helps a lot when I'm in the parks and feeling hungry. I started doing it for the food festivals, but they introduce new foods so often at this point that I always have a small list of "must try" items to refer to.

Disagree on Blue Bayou and I thought the fried chicken at Plaza Inn was just okay. If you're interested in going to Blue Bayou, just go and see what you think.

Pym's is enjoyable but seating is very limited. Flo's V8 is cool if you get a window seat next to the ride.

I enjoy the Mickey Beignets at Mint Julip because you're having them in New Orleans Square and get to soak up the ambiance versus a Downtown Disney restaurant. Maybe the RB ones are better, I've never had them.

I have a checklist set up in my notes app on my phone that I update regularly as seasonal items come around. I never get to everything, but it helps a lot when I'm in the parks and feeling hungry. I started doing it for the food festivals, but they introduce new foods so often at this point that I always have a small list of "must try" items to refer to.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this, and especially for seasonal items! If I go without a list, I end up just grabbing what's convenient. But, checking the list on my phone is a good reminder of, "Oh, remember how you wanted to try this? GO THERE."

Disagree on Blue Bayou and I thought the fried chicken at Plaza Inn was just okay. If you're interested in going to Blue Bayou, just go and see what you think.

Pym's is enjoyable but seating is very limited. Flo's V8 is cool if you get a window seat next to the ride.

I enjoy the Mickey Beignets at Mint Julip because you're having them in New Orleans Square and get to soak up the ambiance versus a Downtown Disney restaurant. Maybe the RB ones are better, I've never had them.
There is a massive seating area for Pyms over next to the Hyperion Theater. That's where we always eat. It's shaded and peaceful.

I feel duty bound to talk people out of Blue Bayou. 😆 It's part of the Magic Key contract. It's in the finest of fine prints.

There is a massive seating area for Pyms over next to the Hyperion Theater. That's where we always eat. It's shaded and peaceful.
BUT I WANT TO WATCH THE AVENGERS SHOW!!!!!!!!

I swear it took us about 10 minutes of circling till we finally found someone leaving. I didn't know about the Hyperion seating until after we got back from our trip. Disney doesn't do a good job of letting you know about it.

I completely agree with skipping La Brea Bakery and Cafe Orleans.

I think the Mickey Beignets are fine. I never get them by myself but am willing to share them with my friends if they want some.

Blue Bayou is a FOMO restaurant. The point of going is to say that you've gone so as much as I recommend people to not eat there, they just want to say that they've eaten there so the quality of food and service doesn't matter. If somebody asked me if I wanted to pay $150 for a piece of lettuce at Club 33 and nothing else, I'd still say yes because I haven't eaten there before.

I recommend the Plaza Inn chicken as well but I often don't feel like fried food or string beans. I find that most of the time, I'm much more in the mood for something from French Market, Rancho del Zocalo, Galaxy's Edge or the pasta from Alien Pizza Planet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter