The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

I’m curious if the new paradise pier entrance into DCA will be open for the party. I’d think that line at 3pm would be quite short?

We will be at the parks that Tuesday through Thursday. How will this affect our rope drop to close strategy? We have park hoppers and this will be our once very few years trip.

We will be at the parks that Tuesday through Thursday. How will this affect our rope drop to close strategy? We have park hoppers and this will be our once very few years trip.
You won't be able to access DCA after 6pm on party days and will have to leave DCA if you are in the park by 6pm.

So you can do one of the following:

-make reservation for DCA that day and then park hop to DL those evening.

- make reservations for DL, hope to DCA in the afternoon, and hop back to DL in the evening.

- only go to DL those days.

Our plan was to select DL as our starting park on Tuesday, DCA on Wednesday, and DL on Thursday. Sounds like we should be okay, will just spend our Wednesday evening at DCA so that we can enjoy that park at night. Thanks for the info! :)

This is interesting. Have they updated the page in previous years so you don't actually even have the option to view the calendar of dates? I feel like in past years they would be sold out but you could still go in and look and see all the unavailable dates, at least that's always how it was when I would go to check and that was HOW I would notice a date opening up again...

The CM I spoke with said that dates sometimes open up to keep watching. No excuse, but Covid hit and I was so sick during the opening dates. :( Missed my window.

The after hours thing? Boo Bash? WDW sadly didn't have MNSSHP last year. That was one of the reasons we went to DLR and OBB. I think you got the great end of that deal, getting to go to OBB instead! Glad it worked out for you.

This is a trick we learned back in our MNSSHP days. Works at WDW too. At WDW, they let MNNSHP guests in at 4:00. We would go back to the resort and change after lunch and we would often get back at 2:30 or 3:00 and had no trouble entering in costume even though it wasn't 4:00 yet. We always just said we would enter with our regular day tickets and get our MNSSHP tickets scanned and our wristbands inside, at the in park station.

Not sure how early you would get the same response at DLR. I think we entered at most 30 minutes before the party crowd was allowed in last year-- maybe even more like 3:45 or 3:50--- but I would guess it would be the same. It is definitely the way to go if you have already used a regular day ticket. There is always a big crowd trying to get in at party entry time.
Yes I guess it was Boo Bash! It was such a whirlwind time changing everything from WDW to DLR in a matter of a few days! We love DLR and OOB, so I was happy the conference went virtual so we could switch it all over. And it was much less stressful for me to have DD14 navigating only DLH/DTD/parks than all of WDW by herself!

Has there been any mention of the Villians version of world of Color returning?
Man I would love that show. It soaks up a huge amount of the crowd and is just a fun show, a win win. I don't think anything has been announced, which is probably bad news for those of us that hope it would return... but maybe ?

Selling out in four days?

I pray for the folks visiting the parks this Halloween. 🥺

Could be a ton of people like myself who were going to go last year, but didn't realize that tickets would sell out so early in the year and so made SURE to set reminders to buy them asap this time. Might still be crazy packed but doesn't necessarily mean it will be busier because it sold so fast, just that more and more people know they have to buy as soon as tickets go on sale.

Similar to some very popular campgrounds here in Idaho that do reservations online for spots. If you don't reserve as soon as they open up the offerings (often while it is still winter) then you won't be camping there in the summer.

Our plan was to select DL as our starting park on Tuesday, DCA on Wednesday, and DL on Thursday. Sounds like we should be okay, will just spend our Wednesday evening at DCA so that we can enjoy that park at night. Thanks for the info! :)
Should be fine. DCA gets really busy between 3 and 6 on party days. DL gets busier after 6 on party days.

All OBB dates are sold out..

And..

Disney had updated the website to state they are sold out, so you are unable to even check dates.
Last year if you had the direct ticket purchase link (where the Disney site linked to) people were able to occasionally see tickets become available again. I don't know if anyone saved that link this year or if it might work this way this year. I don't even know how small batches of tickets were randomly becoming available since (in theory) there are no refunds or anything but I do remember several people on here scoring them this way.

I agree with @Aspencreek, combined with the park reservation system now, I don’t think the party dates selling out so fast will indicate the crowd levels. Reservations for park days sell out every day pretty much, One hopes that Disney staffs accordingly based on how many reservations they made available. As much as I miss the days of being able to get lucky with a ghost town park crowd, I’ve just changed my mindset that it’s going to be busy no matter when in the year we go and plan accordingly.

Last year if you had the direct ticket purchase link (where the Disney site linked to) people were able to occasionally see tickets become available again. I don't know if anyone saved that link this year or if it might work this way this year. I don't even know how small batches of tickets were randomly becoming available since (in theory) there are no refunds or anything but I do remember several people on here scoring them this way.

True, I remember seeing that. We tried to go and watched the site for a while and there would occasionally be a random day open up again, but it was like they only had a handful of tickets (maybe cancellations?) because those days would be sold out again in minutes it seemed. Certainly quicker than we were able to snag.

I truly wonder if eBay resellers contributed to the tickets selling out so fast. There are A LOT of eBay listings for Oogie Boogie tickets - and each listing I've seen has a total quantity of 8 tickets up for sale - the same maximum limit permitted when buying the original tickets on the Disneyland site. That suggests to me those sellers bought with the sole intention of just re-selling, and not actually attending themselves.

I truly wonder if eBay resellers contributed to the tickets selling out so fast. There are A LOT of eBay listings for Oogie Boogie tickets - and each listing I've seen has a total quantity of 8 tickets up for sale - the same maximum limit permitted when buying the original tickets on the Disneyland site. That suggests to me those sellers bought with the sole intention of just re-selling, and not actually attending themselves.
I personally think so. There are over 60 tickets for sale on eBay right now. That does not include tickets that have already sold. I really hope those people that purchased the tickets aren't screwed out of their money, but there is a pretty good risk of that happening.

I just wish eBay and Disney would do something to take these listings off. They go against terms of use for both the tickets and the eBay website.

I can confirm that this was true for last year. I stalked the website like crazy and ended up getting four tickets to a previously 'sold out' OBB. The trick was to start from the Tada ticket store web address, and not the main Event Ticket page on the DL website. Meaning starting from the page where the dates are listed, because the main event ticket page always said sold out.

I'm happy for everyone who got their tickets today!
Can you post that web address so posters here can be watching for ticket restocks? Thank you!

So glad I was able to get my tix for the date we wanted. Now all my other stuff fell into place. So park tix, hotel, tour, everything booked. Even booked a tour at WB Studios one day. It feels great to get it all out of the way. My inner planner is appeased, and I can breathe mostly easy. Just have to finish up some shirts for the trip.

Man I would love that show. It soaks up a huge amount of the crowd and is just a fun show, a win win. I don't think anything has been announced, which is probably bad news for those of us that hope it would return... but maybe ?

Wait there was a villain's version of world of color? How did I miss this? I really hope they bring it back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter