The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

Virtual queue? So you can't just get on your computer and buy a ticket?
My heart....
:faint:

Someone also mentioned a "waiting room". My computer illiterate brain is having another panic attack.

It's really not as complicated as it sounds. They've been using it at least since 2020 when they sold the 65th merch online and have used it for every other major sale. Build a Bear uses the same system.

The waiting room just keeps things fair so everyone has a fair shot when the queue opens. The good news is Disney at least gives us a "not before X time" now. The time they didn't the web traffic crashed the website almost every hour on the hour starting midnight PT until the queue finally opened for real many hours later 😂

People here tend to be kind and will help you out through the process. And unless you're going for a highly desired date (like Halloween), the tickets don't usually sell out right away. If you find some old threads about Queue-It, you can read up on the process. Touch of Disney, DLR tickets for reopening, Magic Keys, OBB 2021, etc are good threads to look into that had the (likely; we're still doing a big assumption that Disney will continue to use Queue-It) same process.

What time does everyone normally start getting into the wait room? Can my phone lock and still be logged in? Can I go away from the page as long as the tab is kept open or do I have to stare at that screen the whole time lol?

The waiting room opens at some point before the queue opens. It's literally just a holding room because people get to the page early. It's to keep things as fair as possible. You can show up five minutes before the "not before" queue opening time and you will have the same chance of placement in line that you would have had if you showed up a half hour before or more.

There will be a Queue-ID at the bottom of your page. You will be able to copy that link and reopen it at any point. I recommend just keeping the tab open because it will make a sound to alert you when it's your turn.

Do not share screenshots of your place in line without blocking out the Queue-ID in the screenshot. Someone can take your place in line with that information.

And if you end up with an extra place in line? And already have your tickets? The kind thing to do is to share it privately with someone else that has a further back spot in line. No obligation to! But it's a kind thing to do and many here do that.

Again, assuming Queue-It is still being used. It likely is. But we should always be prepared Disney might switch gears.

It's really not as complicated as it sounds. They've been using it at least since 2020 when they sold the 65th merch online and have used it for every other major sale. Build a Bear uses the same system.

The waiting room just keeps things fair so everyone has a fair shot when the queue opens. The good news is Disney at least gives us a "not before X time" now. The time they didn't the web traffic crashed the website almost every hour on the hour starting midnight PT until the queue finally opened for real many hours later 😂

People here tend to be kind and will help you out through the process. And unless you're going for a highly desired date (like Halloween), the tickets don't usually sell out right away. If you find some old threads about Queue-It, you can read up on the process. Touch of Disney, DLR tickets for reopening, Magic Keys, OBB 2021, etc are good threads to look into that had the (likely; we're still doing a big assumption that Disney will continue to use Queue-It) same process.

The waiting room opens at some point before the queue opens. It's literally just a holding room because people get to the page early. It's to keep things as fair as possible. You can show up five minutes before the "not before" queue opening time and you will have the same chance of placement in line that you would have had if you showed up a half hour before or more.

There will be a Queue-ID at the bottom of your page. You will be able to copy that link and reopen it at any point. I recommend just keeping the tab open because it will make a sound to alert you when it's your turn.

Do not share screenshots of your place in line without blocking out the Queue-ID in the screenshot. Someone can take your place in line with that information.

And if you end up with an extra place in line? And already have your tickets? The kind thing to do is to share it privately with someone else that has a further back spot in line. No obligation to! But it's a kind thing to do and many here do that.

Again, assuming Queue-It is still being used. It likely is. But we should always be prepared Disney might switch gears.
That’s is super helpful!!!! Thank you!!

Eh I don’t really know if it’s the “kind” thing to do to help someone cut thousands of others in line- not against the rules, but I wouldn’t really say that

Eh I don’t really know if it’s the “kind” thing to do to help someone cut thousands of others in line- not against the rules, but I wouldn’t really say that

During Touch of Disney the system royally messed up and people who got in earlier lost their place. Disney said too bad, so sad to those people and they had to go to the back of the line after already waiting in line because of a website glitch. The line was actually paused for a bit too to fix said glitch. I gave extra queues I had to people affected by this.

During the reopening tickets sales it took me three queues to get my tickets. The first one glitched totally and no one I knew had an extra queue. The second let me buy my tickets, but then glitched out when I tried to make my reservations (this was when ticket purchase and reservations were separate). The third queue was when I was finally able to make reservations.

So yeah. I do think it's kind to share an extra place in line with someone. The place in line already exists.

Edit: and if you don't like that people do it, then keep scrolling. No one is forcing you to help others.

We're going to be there from the 12th to the 16th of October, we have 4 days non hopper passes. If we buy OBB tickets, should we go on our day off from the parks? Or on a DCA day or DL day?

We're going to be there from the 12th to the 16th of October, we have 4 days non hopper passes. If we buy OBB tickets, should we go on our day off from the parks? Or on a DCA day or DL day?
I would go on one of your off days from the park so you get another park day in.

Ok.... so....... :confused: So I get on line and find the special events page and choose Oogie Boogie Bash and the date. Then I either get the ticket right away or I am placed in a "waiting room" automatically? And then it will let me know when my place in line has reached the front....and then I buy the tickets?

I'm embarrassed to even send this....

Ok.... so....... :confused: So I get on line and find the special events page and choose Oogie Boogie Bash and the date. Then I either get the ticket right away or I am placed in a "waiting room" automatically? And then it will let me know when my place in line has reached the front....and then I buy the tickets?

Everyone is going to end up in the queue to start. The place to be that morning is this thread to get updates and the links etc.

Don't be embarrassed! It's difficult to figure out unless you've seen it before. That's why we're all here to help others :)

On the day of: Navigate to the Oogie Boogie Bash page. Click on purchase tickets. Everyone is placed in a waiting room, some people move through quick while others take longer. All just luck of the draw. The waiting room is usually a white screen with an animated Big Thunder Mountain Railroad picture that counts down your wait (1+ hour, 50 minutes, 40 minutes,.....etc). When it's your turn, the screen will make a noise. You will then have 10 minutes to "enter" by clicking on the link and purchasing your tickets. If you don't purchase within 10 minutes, you will be kicked out and forced back into line. I hope this makes sense, trust me - it will make sense on the day of!

The reason they have a virtual queue is because the website will crash with the amount of people trying to access the same page and purchase tickets.

I'm so sorry, something is just not connecting in my brain....

So...I go on the DLR website and go to "Special Events Tickets"
I see Oogie Boogie Bash and choose it. I'm assuming at that time it will ask me what my preferred date is.
I enter the date...and then it either goes through immediately and I enter my credit card number, or....I get a message of some sort that I am in line? Like there are just too may people wanting tickets at the same time and they can't handle them all at once?
And then......I sit and wait for a message telling me it's my turn.
And then I buy the tickets.
? Have I got it right?

If that's how it works, how long do I sit at my computer and wait? Is it like an hours long thing?
(I'm assuming that this is different from refreshing over and over when you try for ADRs.)

I see Oogie Boogie Bash and choose it. I'm assuming at that time it will ask me what my preferred date is.
I enter the date...and then it either goes through immediately and I enter my credit card number, or....I get a message of some sort that I am in line? Like there are just too may people wanting tickets at the same time and they can't handle them all at once?
? Have I got it right?

If that's how it works, how long do I sit at my computer and wait? Is it like an hours long thing?
(I'm assuming that this is different from refreshing over and over when you try for ADRs.)

No worries!

You navigate to the Oogie Boogie Bash page and click on tickets. You won't be able to click on/access anything besides this, because you will automatically be placed in a waiting room upon clicking on purchase tickets (or some similar sounding link). From there, you will wait with the Big Thunder animated page that counts down. Then you will enter where you can choose your date, add them to the cart, and enter credit card details to purchase. Once you click "purchase" you will be sent an email with your ticket information. The email may not come for a few hours after purchasing tickets, but don't panic. The system tends to lag.

It could be hours long wait. Last year, people began at 9am(?) and didn't enter to purchase tickets until well after 2pm. It can turn into an all day event.

? Have I got it right?

I would just get the link from this thread. Someone will share the direct one when it's available so you don't have to navigate the website.

Order of operations:
  • Click direct link provided in thread.
  • If before 9am PT/queue opens, then you will be in a waiting room.
  • Queue opens not before 9am PT (yes, this means it could open later than 9am). You will be placed randomly into the queue along with everyone from waiting room.
  • You will have to wait until it's your turn. Yes, this could take hours depending on how many are in line and where you got placed in line.
  • When it is your turn, you will be redirected to the ticket page to choose your dates and number of tickets.
  • Once chosen and added to cart, checkout.
  • Enter payment info.
  • Submit.
  • Screenshot any confirmation just in case.
  • Breathe.
  • Plan what costumes you're going to wear.
  • Breathe again.
Also if you're not a Keyholder with early access or a D23 member trying for the exclusive night, then you'll have a chance to see it play out a couple days early. I'm sure someone will share screenshots. Just follow this thread. People will be sharing the process as it happens here I'm sure.

It could be hours long wait. Last year, people began at 9am(?) and didn't enter to purchase tickets until well after 2pm. It can turn into an all day event.

Yes, it can take hours. And last year we had a terrible time with the website—once I finally got in to purchase, I couldn’t get it to go through!! I think I had something like 16 tries on 4 different credit cards before a purchase finally completed. Luckily the initial charges all dropped off without processing.

All that said, people got their tickets. There was still availability several hours in. And even on the first day of sales, later that night or the next day, you could hop on the website with no wait and buy tickets.

Last edited:
Ok, while we wait for June 28/30 to roll around, can some folks tell me what they love most about OBB?

We've never been to any of the separate ticketed events, but my kid has expressed a strong interest in seeing DLR Halloween stuff. Considering doing mainly a beach trip to Southern California for fall break and seeing if we could do OBB (Oct 11 or 13) and maybe one DL day to our plan (oh how I wish I could have upgraded to the Enchant key earlier this month!!).

I have yet to go to an event, but this is what others have told me that they love, and what I'm looking forward to -
  • People dressing up! Just like trick or treating at home where you get to see all the great costumes, but it's all Disney themed!
  • Villain Trail. I identify more with villians than princesses so I can't wait for this!
  • Trick or Treating. People report TONS of candy. Not that we eat all we get but it will be fun for the kids to collect that much.
  • Characters in Halloween costumes. How fun to see a character dressed up as another character!

I've never been to Oogie Boogie Bash but went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party a few years back with nieces and nephews. Good time for sure!

Going to try to make it out that way for OBB this year!

People dressing up! Just like trick or treating at home where you get to see all the great costumes, but it's all Disney themed!
The costumes people put together for OBB are out of this world. One year, before ever attending a party, we were leaving the parks around 6pm just as a steady stream of party-goers were coming in off the buses. I swear we could have just sat there for hours and been entertained by the amazing costumes people created. Since then, we've attended both MNSSHP and OBB. We feel that OBB has an edge, because it's in the LA area and you get people who actually work in the film industry attending the party. Or maybe they are just regular people who are really good with using Etsy and glue guns. But that's our theory on the slightly better costumes at OBB!

For those of you that have been is it possible to get through the parade, Villians grove, the immersive trails (don’t mind skipping the regular trails), radiator springs, guardians, toy story mania and possibly Spider-Man ride in one night?

For those of you that have been is it possible to get through the parade, Villians grove, the immersive trails (don’t mind skipping the regular trails), radiator springs, guardians, toy story mania and possibly Spider-Man ride in one night?
We did this last year minus RSR because it was like 60 minutes all night and we didn’t want to do single rider. I think we also skipped the Evil Queen treat trail but it was more about not wanting to do another treat trail when we were near it than not having time. We rode Guardians like 4 or 5 times.

We feel that OBB has an edge, because it's in the LA area and you get people who actually work in the film industry attending the party. Or maybe they are just regular people who are really good with using Etsy and glue guns. But that's our theory on the slightly better costumes at OBB!
My spouse and I are makers in our free time and are going all out! We love Halloween so we are planning a light up cosplay of how to train your dragon. I'm so excited to hear there are others going all out.

Now off to begin sculpting the armor for our costumes. 😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter