• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

Another odd and random question - which characters are around the party? (Parade, shows, photos, anywhere).

Each night my son (who is crazy for Halloween/monsters) and I are watching a Disney cartoon to get to know all the characters for the party. Besides Ursula, Cruella, The Queen, Maleficent and the Nightmare Before Christmas gang, what other cartoons should we watch?

** Just showed him sleepy hallow cartoon and he loved it. 🤣 He loves the headless horseman at least, the rest of the cartoon he said was silly.
It's changed every year... but with the ones you mentioned last year also has Sid from toy story and the vaillian from princess frog.

Another odd and random question - which characters are around the party? (Parade, shows, photos, anywhere).

Each night my son (who is crazy for Halloween/monsters) and I are watching a Disney cartoon to get to know all the characters for the party. Besides Ursula, Cruella, The Queen, Maleficent and the Nightmare Before Christmas gang, what other cartoons should we watch?

** Just showed him sleepy hallow cartoon and he loved it. 🤣 He loves the headless horseman at least, the rest of the cartoon he said was silly.

It's changed every year... but with the ones you mentioned last year also has Sid from toy story and the vaillian from princess frog.

Last year the Mad Hatter (live action version) and Agatha Harkness from WandaVision also had treat trails. Other villains for photo ops, including Prince John from Robin Hood and Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. IIRC, we also saw Hades, Pain, and Panic from Hercules.

If you wanna get extra spooky you've got The Legend of Sleepy Hollow with the headless horseman in the parade, too.

If you wanna get extra spooky you've got The Legend of Sleepy Hollow with the headless horseman in the parade, too.
I have been scared of the headless Horseman since I was little. He's so great and creepy! I'd love to see him in the parade. But also cover my eyes.

I have a question which pertains to this years parties, and I am curious if anyone here has been to OBB before and has some insight - I am tentatively planning to go to a party while there in Sept (dates and tickets willing) but I also would be likely to be in the park before the party to meander (I will have a day ticket). I want to dress up, which means I either come to the parks in the morning in costume (and I have doubts they would let me in like that so early) or I leave partway through the day to change and walk back. I want to avoid crowds at the gate though if possible since I know the rest of the partygoers arrive in droves. Anyone here do something similar in the past and have any advice? Timing? Thank you 🙏

I have a question which pertains to this years parties, and I am curious if anyone here has been to OBB before and has some insight - I am tentatively planning to go to a party while there in Sept (dates and tickets willing) but I also would be likely to be in the park before the party to meander (I will have a day ticket). I want to dress up, which means I either come to the parks in the morning in costume (and I have doubts they would let me in like that so early) or I leave partway through the day to change and walk back. I want to avoid crowds at the gate though if possible since I know the rest of the partygoers arrive in droves. Anyone here do something similar in the past and have any advice? Timing? Thank you 🙏

We were able to enter DCA in costume using our Magic Keys just before the mix-in time started. We were able to use a separate (very short) line from those waiting to enter using party tickets, and then we grabbed our wristbands from the in-park check-in.

Also, if you don’t want to leave the park (and your costume isn’t hugely complicated), you could rent a locker for your costume and just change in the restrooms.

We were able to enter DCA in costume using our Magic Keys just before the mix-in time started. We were able to use a separate (very short) line from those waiting to enter using party tickets, and then we grabbed our wristbands from the in-park check-in.

Also, if you don’t want to leave the park (and your costume isn’t hugely complicated), you could rent a locker for your costume and just change in the restrooms.
Ah! A locker, I had forgotten about those. That’s a really good idea if we don’t end up wanting to walk all the way back since the costume will likely have some pieces a little larger than is reasonable to carry around, but not so large they couldn’t be put in a locker. Thank you for the suggestion!

And it sounds like they tend to have two separate queues, one type for party guests and one type for day guests at the mix in time. That’s good to know. Hopefully the park won’t be as busy that day pre-party since most people will have to leave early!

I have to start planning.......I can't stand it.
I'm going to assume that Oogie Boogie Bash will be on the same days of the week as last year and will plan around that.
I have a bad feeling about this....🙁
Same! I am just going to start on costumes now and hope that helps the planning itch. o_O

We are planning our trip for October 2022.

When do tickets for the parties go on sale? Hope I haven’t missed it.

I’m in a crabby mood already today so while I’m at I’ll just state my unpopular opinion. I cannot stand Hocus Pocus. And now that Disney has combined the high hype and lack of solid news with the whole Hocus Pocus theme makes me even more annoyed.
The Hocus Pocus show had been very popular for years at WDW. Sorry it’s not your thing, we may actually go because it’s back. We were not impressed with last year’s offerings and stuck with HHN. I don’t know why DL isn’t more organized like WDW, so we agree there. DL just doesn’t put the effort into their Halloween and Christmas offerings that they should. We may be at DL in August and would love to do a Halloween party there, but they don’t Halloween party and they don’t start in August like WDW….ok I’m done whining.

My daughter and I were at the MNSSHP party in 2018. On the Rivers of America they had all this fog and a raft with 4 ghosts from the HM singing. It went down and back up once. My daughter and I discovered it as they were going back and had to run after it to see even a little of it. But is was SO AWESOME!
Does anyone else remember them? What were they called? Have they ever shown up again?

Yes! Definitely one of our favorite things from Halloween that year. I don't know if they will have it again. Was really great though.

I'm going back to my original guess that Disney will announce OBB dates in early/mid June. I think they will get Fantasmic up and running, WDW's boo bash tickets sales going, and summer humming along and then they will make the announcement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter