*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Work Continues on Grand Floridian Gingerbread House- Cast Members Hand Out Samples

1698841465651.jpeg

Hi all- what is the latest word about the lobby renovation? I know they were working— was it more of a refresh?

The lobby work has been postponed until after the holidays. Unfortunately, no time frame or any additional details have been provided.
I hope they don’t remove all the character of that lobby. I am hopeful the postponement will allow for them to pause and think carefully. Apparently Chapek hated the GF. To me it is the quintessential Disney resort.

Food Guide to Walt Disney World Gingerbread House Displays During 2023 Holiday Season

Now heading over to Walt Disney World Resort, we’re stopping by Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for their life-sized Gingerbread House! This beloved tradition is back again for its 24th year from Nov. 8 through Jan. 1, 2024, and is filled with plenty of sweet delights and decorations. All across this house, you’ll find white chocolate candy canes, edible snowflakes, sugar poinsettias, and over 10,000 pieces of gingerbread. Not to mention the 85 lb. chocolate Santa (yes, you heard that right), nutcrackers, toy soldiers, and snowmen that are all hand-painted by the Grand Floridian Bakery team led by Pastry Chef de Cuisine Kristine Farmer. The 500 hours spent baking gingerbread and 480 hours spent decorating are well worth it. Be on the lookout for the 24 hidden Mickeys found throughout the entire display to see if you can find them all.

Grand Floridian Gingerbread House Menu

If you’re looking to take a taste of gingerbread and the holidays home with you, you’re in luck because this display has quite the lineup of treats available for purchase that will dazzle your taste buds, including:
  • Freshly baked, homemade items, such as Gingerbread Mickeys and Shingles, Stollen Bread, Brownie Christmas Tree, and Gingersnap Cookies
  • House-made Gingerbread Ornaments and Gingerbread Houses
  • Assorted Gingerbread Cookie Bags, Marshmallow Pops, and Milk Chocolate Pecan Fudge
  • Grand Floridian Combo Box featuring assorted fan favorite treats, including the cookies n’ cream Christmas Tree, exclusive to this box
  • Plant-based, no sugar added, and gluten-friendly options

Finally booked our second stay, and it was a very weird mash.

Booked three rooms for my wife's 50th party with her female family and friends (2 rooms for Fri/Sat and 1 for Fri/Sat/Sun [for late departers]) on September 20/21(/22). Resort studio to maximize available beds for folks.

Then I'll join her for a day at EPCOT F&W (Monday) and a day at MK plus MNSSHP (Tues), so I got a 4th room for Sept 22/23/24.

Any advice for managing four different rooms across two different trips, connected only by my punk wife?

Last edited:
Any updates on where the scaffolding for the exterior painting is located right now?
I’m here now and the painting for the Villas building is all occurring across the front of the building now. The lifts were removed from the section of the building with standard view rooms that face the beach pool on Sunday. You can still see tracks in the grass from the lifts so I’ve been expecting landscaping to occur but hasn’t happened yet. As for the front, we saw workers actually on someone’s balcony working yesterday afternoon. Not sure if that room is out of service or if it’s occupied and the guests were told not to access their balcony that day. I’ll try to post some pictures when I get time (definitely when I get home!)

Disney’s Grand Floridian Gingerbread House is Officially OPEN

1699454253210.jpeg

The menu includes a variety of treats, like the classic Gingerbread Buddy to Peppermint Bark to Gingersnap Cookies to a Gingerbread House! You can check out the list and prices below, which range from $4 to $85.

IMG_7706.jpeg

IMG_7705.jpeg

Below, you can see the Twinings Chai Tea Cupcake Sampler for $16, traditional Stollen Bread for $25, and a Gingerbread Buddy for $7.75.

1699454411418.png

Finally booked our second stay, and it was a very weird mash.

Booked three rooms for my wife's 50th party with her female family and friends (2 rooms for Fri/Sat and 1 for Fri/Sat/Sun [for late departers]) on September 20/21(/22). Resort studio to maximize available beds for folks.

Then I'll join her for a day at EPCOT F&W (Monday) and a day at MK plus MNSSHP (Tues), so I got a 4th room for Sept 22/23/24.

Any advice for managing four different rooms across two different trips, connected only by my punk wife?
I'm curious why you didn't extend the third room to be 20/21/22/23/24? Instead of booking a 4th room? This way your wife would not have to move rooms the entire trip?

Great question, since I am paying (points) for two rooms on Sunday night (the transition night between her girls weekend and our couples week). In truth, I think some of her friends might want to stay until Monday before traveling home, and I'd like to have a room available to them (that doesn't have me in it) on Sunday night. So that's why we are planning two rooms on Sunday night. Besides, making my wife move her stuff is prepping her for a split stay in the future :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter