• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Does anyone know when the overall construction at the Grand Floridian will be finished? Especially the conversion of all the rooms to DVC style rooms. I have reservations next March, and I’m wondering if I should try another resort.
Unfortunately, there have been no announcements as far as a timeframe. No one knows for sure. They are working on the rooms in the Main Building as we speak. All other rooms have been completed. I’ll keep this thread updated as announcements come in.

Does anyone know when the overall construction at the Grand Floridian will be finished? Especially the conversion of all the rooms to DVC style rooms. I have reservations next March, and I’m wondering if I should try another resort.
Any room open to guests have now been refurbished. You will not be staying in an old style room. The lobby construction and exteriors of buildings are the only things yet to go.

https://wdwnt.com/2023/09/photos-sc...-disneys-grand-floridian-resort-construction/

Can anyone checking into the original VGF building keep us updated on the progress and impact of the painting/roof repair of that building on your trip? Per the pictures posted in the above linked article, it doesn't look too bad so far, but I'm curious how they are handling lack of balcony access for those actively being painted (and how long they are asking guests to stay off their balconies.) I'm honestly disappointed in this. I'm well aware that the GF has been under construction and I was prepared for construction views around the resort and even for the lobby to be under construction. But I would have booked elsewhere if I knew that they were actually going to be working on the VGF building during my trip and I'd potentially have a day or 2 without balcony access and then also have to look at construction cranes extending in front of our balcony. And I know these rooms are always 100% occupied so not much can be done now about guest inconvenience... From the original article posted in this thread, it looks as if this particular project impacting VGF will be going on through mid-January.

1694445370178.png

FYI - Reposting from the restaurant thread and confirmed on Disney’s site regarding Narcoossee’s:

1694569075185.png

FYI - Reposting from the restaurant thread and confirmed on Disney’s site regarding Narcoossee’s:

1694569075185.png
So our long awaited 9/26 - 10/1 VGF trip will now be different than the “normal” experience by:
  • Narcoossee’s closed
  • 1900 Park Fare Closed
  • Garden View Tea Room closed
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique closed
  • Exterior scaffolding on main building
  • Covered walkways and frosted windows at Citrico’s
  • Power washing making balcony unusable for 1-3 days of our 6 day stay (depending on debris)
  • Am I missing anything?
At what point does Disney admit to their guests (and to themselves) that they’re providing a sub-standard product, and make some accommodations to their guests?

This is going to be our first trip in 15 years. We’ve been planning on making this a more frequent trip now (first kid, new DVC members, changing travel priorities). But all things considered, we may just plan on keeping to West Coast (DLR at non-Disney hotels, and annual Hawaii/Aulani trips) plans. At $1200+ per day, WDW trips are too expensive for just an “okay” trip.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that other parts of the trip provide enough of a “Wow” to make the trip worth it, but things are tipped in the “one and done” direction right now.

........At what point does Disney admit to their guests (and to themselves) that they’re providing a sub-standard product, and make some accommodations to their guests?........
Sadly, probably never. However, I hope you enjoy your trip.

New to the Dis Boards Forums. Direct owner at GFV as of last year and looking forward to our first stay coming up in November. A two night stay the week of Thanksgiving and excited to see all the Holiday Decorations and the new lobby.

New to the Dis Boards Forums. Direct owner at GFV as of last year and looking forward to our first stay coming up in November. A two night stay the week of Thanksgiving and excited to see all the Holiday Decorations and the new lobby.
:welcome:and Congrats! I’ll add you to the Owners List on Page 1!

So our long awaited 9/26 - 10/1 VGF trip will now be different than the “normal” experience by:
  • Narcoossee’s closed
  • 1900 Park Fare Closed
  • Garden View Tea Room closed
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique closed
  • Exterior scaffolding on main building
  • Covered walkways and frosted windows at Citrico’s
  • Power washing making balcony unusable for 1-3 days of our 6 day stay (depending on debris)
  • Am I missing anything?
At what point does Disney admit to their guests (and to themselves) that they’re providing a sub-standard product, and make some accommodations to their guests?

This is going to be our first trip in 15 years. We’ve been planning on making this a more frequent trip now (first kid, new DVC members, changing travel priorities). But all things considered, we may just plan on keeping to West Coast (DLR at non-Disney hotels, and annual Hawaii/Aulani trips) plans. At $1200+ per day, WDW trips are too expensive for just an “okay” trip.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that other parts of the trip provide enough of a “Wow” to make the trip worth it, but things are tipped in the “one and done” direction right now.
Yet they keep booking up. Amazing.
I am disappointed in the lack of food and beverage offerings.

Does anyone know if the Grand Floridian Shops are still selling the Grand Floridian Loungefly backpacks? Going in October and hoping to buy one if they still exist.

Heading to VGF in early December. It's our first time there during the Christmas season and I heard there are incredible homemade candy canes I need to try. For all you VGF experts, do you know where I can purchase them? Is it at the resort or at Magic Kingdom park? Thank you in advance.

Heading to VGF in early December. It's our first time there during the Christmas season and I heard there are incredible homemade candy canes I need to try. For all you VGF experts, do you know where I can purchase them? Is it at the resort or at Magic Kingdom park? Thank you in advance.
Humm. I’m pretty sure those are only sold in Disneyland. However, the Gingerbread House sells some really yummy things you can try, right in The Grand main lobby! Have fun!

So with all the announced renovations coming, what do y'all recommend I add for a room request for a standard deluxe studio for the first week in December? We like high floors because they are quieter and are more concerned about a nice view/away from construction than we are with being close to anything.

Thank you for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter