*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Lobby Exit to Pool Area Now Closed as Refurbishment Continues at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

The exit from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort lobby to the Beach Pool and “Alice in Wonderland” water play area has now been closed as refurbishment efforts continue.
disney's grand floridian

As construction continues at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, the exit from the lobby to the Beach Pool area and “Alice in Wonderland” water play area has now been closed and blocked with temporary stanchions.

A sign directs guests to utilize the exit near Grand Floridian Cafe to gain access to the courtyard area.

disney's grand floridian

There is a small carpeted seating area still available near the ground floor entrance to the lobby. The grand piano remains, although it wasn’t being played when we stopped by.

grand floridian lobby

Guest pathways are identified by signage through various white-paneled construction walls.

grand floridian lobby

Along the pathway, there are areas with white scrim above the walls as well.

grand floridian lobby

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is temporarily unavailable while construction moves forward.

grand floridian lobby

We moved to BRV for our annual Christmas trip this year instead of VGF. I am so glad we did. We were at VGF in June and the construction was no where near this intrusive. I know they have to do it but I feel bad for those that have to stay there now. I just hope it is done by our Summer 2024 trip.

We've got a late September, week before Christmas and March stays booked. We're hoping the Christmas and March are less impacted, but we'll see.

Has anyone stayed in BPK lately who could comment on the noise issue? I currently have a studio booked in the original dvc building but I’m thinking about waitlisting a resort studio as I do like the idea of having two real beds. I’m a big nervous about the noise though…
In July we had 2 Resort Studios for 2 nights and then moved to a 2 Bedroom Villa. Our DS and his friend stayed in one room and we were in the connecting room. We had the doors unlocked but pushed mostly closed and did not hear any noise from their room or the room on the other side of ours. We heard more noise in the 2 Bedroom Villa than in BPK. I really liked the Resort Studio and would stay there again.

In July we had 2 Resort Studios for 2 nights and then moved to a 2 Bedroom Villa. Our DS and his friend stayed in one room and we were in the connecting room. We had the doors unlocked but pushed mostly closed and did not hear any noise from their room or the room on the other side of ours. We heard more noise in the 2 Bedroom Villa than in BPK. I really liked the Resort Studio and would stay there again.
Has anyone stayed in BPK lately who could comment on the noise issue? I currently have a studio booked in the original dvc building but I’m thinking about waitlisting a resort studio as I do like the idea of having two real beds. I’m a big nervous about the noise though…

We stayed in BPK in May in a connecting room (we were not with the party next door) and did not have an issue with noise. I know that other people have (I remember hearing about it on some YouTube reviews), but that was not our experience! Didn’t hear anything from our neighbors!

Just wanted to say Hi - we recently closed on our first contract (Dec 210 pts direct - VGF). We usually stay at Riverside so we are looking forward to the upgrade. Took advantage of the Magical Beginnings refund since we weren't going to be able to fit a trip in before next summer anyway. We have our first trip booked for next June.

I need an acronym spreadsheet for all of this talk...

Heading to VGF in two weeks and it will be our first stay there. What is the status of construction at this point? Is most of the lobby under renovation?

Hi everyone! Years ago I owned at VGF and then had to sell my contract due to a divorce :( I've since remarried and DH suggested we look into getting a DVC contract again because he knows how sad I've been about it all of these years (and he's not even a Disney fan).

I'm thrilled to say that we should be closing on a new VGF contract, direct through Disney, sometime between today & Saturday! I'm so happy and I feel like I finally got everything I lost from the divorce back then. I cannot wait to stay there again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to grab a few nights sometime in April. Failing that, then next summer for sure! I can't wait to go home!

This looks promising! If the scrim is being removed as the painting is complete does anybody think they will start to remove the equipment from the lobby and reopen it until after christmas when the full Lobby renovation begins?
That's what I would like to know! We are staying at the GF in mid-December and if that giant Christmas tree isn't in the lobby then I don't want to stay there!! ;-P But by all accounts, the lobby should be fine for the holidays, right?!

That's what I would like to know! We are staying at the GF in mid-December and if that giant Christmas tree isn't in the lobby then I don't want to stay there!! ;-P But by all accounts, the lobby should be fine for the holidays, right?!
We are there in 3 weeks time for a week so would be a lovely surprise if the lobby was useable by then 😀

I think the site that reported the lobby was on hold until next year is fairly reliable, but I guess no one really knows for sure if this is what's going to happen as Disney has not officially announced anything. I'm right with everyone hoping it's true though, as we have a stay planned coming up in a few months too!

The only thing that doesn't quite make sense to me is why they wouldn't be trying to accomplish as much as they can in the lobby now, while the main building club level rooms are still closed. It seems odd to me that they'd reopen those rooms and then later tear up the lobby again, which of course would be an impact to those guests staying in the main building (in the most expensive rooms!) But maybe it's simply because there's just not enough time to get it all done before the holiday decorations need to go up? I sure wish they'd give us an official update!

I think the site that reported the lobby was on hold until next year is fairly reliable, but I guess no one really knows for sure if this is what's going to happen as Disney has not officially announced anything. I'm right with everyone hoping it's true though, as we have a stay planned coming up in a few months too!

The only thing that doesn't quite make sense to me is why they wouldn't be trying to accomplish as much as they can in the lobby now, while the main building club level rooms are still closed. It seems odd to me that they'd reopen those rooms and then later tear up the lobby again, which of course would be an impact to those guests staying in the main building (in the most expensive rooms!) But maybe it's simply because there's just not enough time to get it all done before the holiday decorations need to go up? I sure wish they'd give us an official update!
💯!!!

We're also there in December and will be bummed if the lobby isn't decorated! I thought they would get it done in time for the holidays, but sounds like that's not the case :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter