• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

I think there is a difference though between cooking and wanting things like the toaster, micro and full coffee maker to use.

Toasting a bagel in the morning, making oatmeal or heating left overs from a meal isn’t really cooking but can’t be done in the resort studio.
You're heating food to eat. How is that not cooking?

These also constitute fixing a light breakfast, i.e. having a meal in the room.

So, yes, if a family wants to fix snacks or meals needing to be heated, they'll want the equipment you mention along with the studio-equipped paper dishes and plastic utensils. And, will definitely prefer the DxS in VGF1.

We never wanted to do any of that when staying at the GF because we were stuffed by the DxDDP. I think once the dining plans return, the RS may have quite a lot more appeal for people like us who rarely eat anything in their room.

You and I clearly differ somewhat on this, characteristic of someone as inherently vacation-lazy as I. "We sit and someone else sets food in front of us"--part of my WDW mantra. 😁

You're heating food to eat. How is that not cooking?

These also constitute fixing a light breakfast, i.e. having a meal in the room.

So, yes, if a family wants to fix snacks or meals needing to be heated, they'll want the equipment you mention along with the studio-equipped paper dishes and plastic utensils. And, will definitely prefer the DxS in VGF1.

We never wanted to do any of that when staying at the GF because we were stuffed by the DxDDP. I think once the dining plans return, the RS may have quite a lot more appeal for people like us who rarely eat anything in their room.

You and I clearly differ somewhat on this, characteristic of someone as inherently vacation-lazy as I. "We sit and someone else sets food in front of us"--part of my WDW mantra. 😁

I just think cooking meals conjures up a different idea than what many of us use the amenities for in the studio.

I certainly don’t consider toasting a bagel or heating up leftovers as cooking on vacation.

Even heating a jar of queso for chips isn’t really cooking in the same way as making a full meal would be. Or fixing a charcuterie board for enjoying with some adult tomr

That is more my point…but we do agree that someone who never eats a thing on the room won’t miss them.

We aren’t morning to night park goers any More so we definitely spend more time At the resort

Last edited:
Found these pictures of BPK on Facebook from last night… someone also posted this:

NOTE: You must do your check in at the MAIN HOTEL desk for these rooms, NOT at the original DVC building. Please also note that they have 700 check-ins booked at the Grand Floridian overall today.

1CA1EFB6-6DDD-418B-9880-F9A7804A2D72.jpeg

F724E565-543E-47F9-9E36-082500C63DE0.jpeg

9954B5E2-680E-4B9C-9A47-CCF78398DC11.jpeg

B76FEA87-EB4A-4580-9BA2-63282FF7C962.jpeg

170D793E-8E6D-4ABA-990E-C887C44CF82E.jpeg

EA672F39-80AB-4B4B-A657-36E665A9F0E7.jpeg

Hmm, after looking at the Blog Mickey pictures of the new lobby and corridors I will say it's a lot more feminine than I expected. A lot of pink florals vs. the resort studios themselves which have more of a neutral emerald and blue color scheme going.

The common areas are gorgeous, the rooms are gorgeous, and OMG :) Mary Poppins! I love it! Really love all the details in the rooms. Extremely well done.

One thing not crazy about, the halls have the lovely blossoms on the walls but the carpet is too much with it. They distract from each other.

Thanks for sharing this link, mrsap. I think the lobby area is beautiful and elegant. My BFF and I are checking in this Thursday for a one-night stay before our beach house reservation begins this weekend. I was dismayed to read that we might be moved to the Riviera if the rooms weren't finished on time. I love the Riviera and have stayed there twice, but we have dinner reservations at GF and are also hoping to see the MK fireworks Thursday night.

I enjoyed seeing the pictures, but not interested in staying because I do use a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. I have booked a night for 3 friends because I do think they will be more comfortable there than in any other DVC studio.

They really didn't do much of anything to the lobby. What a disappointment. I had hoped they'd implement a Mary Poppins Returns statue, fountain, something.. that mirrors the existing VGF building. Think I'll just be staying in the original VGF. Rooms here are lovely though.

NOTE: You must do your check in at the MAIN HOTEL desk for these rooms, NOT at the original DVC building. Please also note that they have 700 check-ins booked at the Grand Floridian overall today.

AHA! I thought that'd be how it'd be done.

Made no sense to me for people to drop bags at VGF1 that would then have to go over to BPK when GF bell services already was serving BPK as a GF outer lodge
Hmm, after looking at the Blog Mickey pictures of the new lobby and corridors I will say it's a lot more feminine than I expected. A lot of pink florals vs. the resort studios themselves which have more of a neutral emerald and blue color scheme going.
Interestingly, gender associations with pink and blue were once the opposite from the late 1800s to about the 1940s--pink for boys because it was related to red, thought a strong and manly color. Blue may have been for girls because Virgin Mary was so often shown wearing blue.

More info here if interested: https://www.thevintagenews.com/2019/05/01/pink-blue/?safari=1&Exc_D_LessThanPoint002_p1=1

Some additional guest area photos, I know someone was curious about laundry rooms. Also, microwaves CAN be Requested!!

Big Pine Key Opens, Adding More Than 200 New DVC Studio Villas

Disney Vacation Club's latest expansion is now available to guests as part of Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Big Pine Key

Renovations are complete on Grand Floridian's Big Pine Key building and members are now enjoying 202 new DVC villas. Among those guests is DVC member Darrell White who posted more than 70 images of the resort and his guest room on the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Facebook Group.

Big Pine Key

Big Pine Key

The building has its own guest laundry with two washers and two dryers. Progress can be tracked within the Laundryview app by selecting Grand Floridian and Big Pine Key.

Big Pine Key

Resort Studio rooms are not outfitted with a microwave or toaster as standard equipment, however they can be requested from housekeeping as shown in this image.
Big Pine Key

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter