*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

They removed the TVs in the mirrors during the refurbishment of the existing villas. 😢

Ohhhh, no! DH loved to have the tv on while shaving--when it worked, that is. Probably why they were removed, huh?

"Disney's Red Roof Inn" 😉 has been our favorite since our first GF stay over 10 years ago.

When we finally decided to buy into DVC, we didn't even consider another resort. It was VGF or nothing for us.

We waitlisted to get VGF direct almost exactly 5 years ago and absolutely love it. Luckily, we didn't have to wait more than about a month to get the offer we wanted and snapped it up almost day-of.

We only wish VGF had club level. Still wishing on a star...

A pleasure to be here and to meet you all.

Ohhhh, no! DH loved to have the tv on while shaving--when it worked, that is. Probably why they were removed, huh?
For our last 2 VGF stays, the remotes for the mirror TVs did not work well. It was really difficult to change the channel, adjust the volume, etc.

Those TVs are now almost 9 years old. My guess is that they were starting to fall, and Disney decided they were not worth replacing.

For our last 2 VGF stays, the remotes for the mirror TVs did not work well. It was really difficult to change the channel, adjust the volume, etc.

Yup, that was his experience on our last 2 stays, 2019 and last November.

My guess is that they were starting to fall, and Disney decided they were not worth replacing.

My guess as well. Too bad, though, as much as DH enjoyed them when they were newer and worked right.

Those TVs are now almost 9 years old. My guess is that they were starting to fall, and Disney decided they were not worth replacing.

Same. In November, no matter what channel we put on, it reverted to a black screen. It was disappointing. I like putting on the Radio Disney channel in the am when getting ready, so it was definitely missed this past trip. RIP TV mirrors!

Whew! Finally read my way ALL through to here. :car:

Since I noticed a few references to dining at "Vicki and Al's" here and there, I thought y'all might be encouraged by the insider info we got at Steakhouse 71 the week before Thanksgiving.

Here's the Reader's Digest version of a post I made on another forum:

Some things about our server at Steakhouse 71 last night [11/13/21] seemed eerily familiar—an elderly man named Jack, highly coordinated serving style, pleasant conversation, and a notable hustle to keep up with his nearby tables.

As our dinner progressed, I kept saying to DH that I’d swear that’s Jack who gave us such impeccable service at Victoria & Albert’s Chef’s Table 7 years ago. But, how to ask discreetly so as not to suggest he’s come down in the world after we last saw him as Victoria & Albert's head waiter a few years ago? We couldn’t think how for some time until DH began torturing me with iPhone photos of dishes we’d so enjoyed there over the years.

Ultimately, the photo of our Chef’s Table takeout bag and my red rose triggered the perfect way to ask, “Are you Jack who gave us such memorable service along with your wife Sherry?”

I quickly said to DH to leave that one where Jack could easily see it upon returning to take our dessert order.

He soon reappeared, whereupon I remarked, “We were just saying how we’d rather be dining here.”

And yes, it indeed was Jack whom we recalled so fondly. Furthermore, he told us that three V&A’s servers are at Steakhouse 71.

Best of all, he said people are to be called back in January and February for a possible reopening in early March...

Of course, reopenings are often delayed, but at least we have some assurance a restaurant beloved by many of us will be welcoming diners again soon.

Staying in a 2BR next week for the first time at Grand Flo, very excited! I’m not usually a coffee drinker so I’ve never noticed, how many coffee packets do they normally give you for the room and are they replenished daily or only by request?

Staying in a 2BR next week for the first time at Grand Flo, very excited! I’m not usually a coffee drinker so I’ve never noticed, how many coffee packets do they normally give you for the room and are they replenished daily or only by request?

Typically 2 regular and 2 decaf, but if you need more, just call housekeeping. They are usually pretty quick!! They are not replenished daily. Have a great time!

Hey, we have a dedicated 2 bed standard view booked and are really hoping for a monorail view, am I right that they all have that please?

Hey, we have a dedicated 2 bed standard view booked and are really hoping for a monorail view, am I right that they all have that please?
VGF is shaped like a 'T', with the Monorail along the top and on one side of the 'T'. These are all Standard View rooms. The Monorail passes by every few minutes.

If you are at the top of the 'T', you will have a view of the Monorail that looks something like this (4th floor):

If you are on the side of the 'T', your view will be something like this (2nd floor):

VGF is shaped like a 'T', with the Monorail on one side of the 'T'. For all Standard View rooms, the Monorail passes by every few minutes.

If you are at the top of the 'T', you'll have a view of the Monorail that looks something like this (4th floor):

View attachment 639640

If you are on the side of the 'T', your view will be something like this (2nd floor):

View attachment 639642

Perfect, thank you so much :) Our Monorail fan will be delighted!

Has anyone found any pics or a walkthrough vid of a refurbished deluxe studio room yet?

Last edited:
Here’s a 2 br… can’t seem to find a studio.

Did find a picture of a studio after a Google Search…
View attachment 640197
By pure chance I found this

https://fb.watch/aC--mI1ylV/
I will say these studios are beautiful, the new studio resorts need to something special to compare to the deluxe studios. I love that bathroom.

I like it. They look so much better than the rendition! I'm so happy they didn't go with the plain brown curtains and they didn't do the brown plaid headboard. What is interesting though is that in the picture mrsap posted the headboard is a light blue plaid, but in the video the headboard is a plain leather looking one. I wonder if they have 2 different versions?

If there are alternative videos to Facebook for anything new we're all eager to see, please add another source.

I'm not on Facebook and won't join it (was and hated it) so will very much appreciate a video that's available without joining something.

I like it. They look so much better than the rendition! I'm so happy they didn't go with the plain brown curtains and they didn't do the brown plaid headboard. What is interesting though is that in the picture mrsap posted the headboard is a light blue plaid, but in the video the headboard is a plain leather looking one. I wonder if they have 2 different versions?

I did a quick search because I do recall seeing those plaid headboards and it is the same headboard as seen on DVC Fan prior to refurb HERE… not sure the reason for two versions?FE0A8107-37B7-435D-A1BC-4B5D0CE4365F.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter