*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

New owner here! I bought direct from Disney Friday after trying to buy resale contracts a few times but lost them to rofr. I’m very happy with my decision and can now relax and enjoy my vacations in the beautiful Villas at Disneys Grand Floridian.
We actually sold our BLT resale and bought VGF in March. I wanted the ability to stay at all future resorts. The other perks are nice as direct but it boiled down to the inability to stay at RR and future resorts. When the VGF2 went up for sale and the price was right, we jumped on it.

I will NEVER understand this!

View attachment 712923

There is also some plaid on the armchair in the 1-bedroom, but it's not as severe.

View attachment 712925

Plaid just doesn't fit VGF :rotfl:
I agree that plaid doesn’t fit there! It used to feel more whimsical to me but now I just think about school uniforms when I see the rooms! They must’ve got a bargain on plaid fabric and someone said “we’ll make it work!”, that’s all I can think of.

Currently booked for resort studio and keep hearing things about paper thin walls

I watched a review yesterday where the woman mentioned hoping they fixed the sound issues, and a cell phone rang very loudly. She said that was next door.

Kinda crazy

Seeing if I should maybe switch to deluxe studio, but I’m upset cause I LOVE the theming of the new rooms. thinks the deluxe seems too sterile :(
We just got back from a stay in the Resort Studio's. No noise at all. Walls are not thin, don't understand how they could be if it's a converted building...a building of originally hotel rooms into resort Studio's. Anyway, the place is gorgeous, the rooms are beautiful. We never heard anything from other rooms. Just our recent experience. Enjoy it. The building is in a great location too!

Dee

I’m in the exact same boat. I am booked in the resort studios but am nervous about the noise. I don’t care for the look of the deluxe studios ever since they did the refurb and put in plaid headboards.
Just back yesterday. Spent 4 nights at the Resort Studios. We had a corner room so only a neighbor on one side. Did hear a baby crying once for maybe 5 minutes but that’s it for the entire 4 days. I think if you put a towel under the adjoining door that might help if needed, but I was worried unnecessarily I think. Great visit, love the building location. We had a standard view overlooking the pool. Enjoy!

I agree that plaid doesn’t fit there! It used to feel more whimsical to me but now I just think about school uniforms when I see the rooms! They must’ve got a bargain on plaid fabric and someone said “we’ll make it work!”, that’s all I can think of.
I wouldn't be surprised! Too bad DVC couldn't have held onto the plaid fabric for the BRV refurb. :rotfl:

BPK is all studios. There are no other room types in that building. Most have a connecting door to another studio. It's like the regular deluxe cash resort rooms at WDW.

Yes, thank you. What I meant is are there rooms that do not have a connecting door, and are dedicated by themselves

Thanks for this!

Wish I knew which 19 rooms were dedicated lol
You can find the declarations and see the floor plans. Anything like the blue rooms below with that half circle shape is connecting. The 5th floor seems to have the most non-connecting rooms.

1666660465213.png

Looking at the 4th floor which should match 1, 2, and 3 pretty closely, it seems like turret room, a room randomly in the middle of the floor on the standard view side, a standard and lagoon view room near the theme park view rooms, and 1 theme park view room are all non-connecting.

1666660559351.png

New owner here! I bought direct from Disney Friday after trying to buy resale contracts a few times but lost them to rofr. I’m very happy with my decision and can now relax and enjoy my vacations in the beautiful Villas at Disneys Grand Floridian.
:welcome:and Congrats! I’ll get you up on the Page 1 Owners List!

Hi. Wondering if anyone knows when the reconstruction of the lobby and main building is set to begin?

TIA
Dee
No one knows for sure. There have been no official announcements to date. However, you can check out this post over on the Club Level Thread from someone who has info from someone that works at GF HERE. Take it for what it’s worth.

Has this happened to anyone? Room change...

I booked the new GF Resort Studio for a week over Christmas, asked them to merge my bookings as I had 2 separate reservations which I wanted combining. Just looked at my dashboard and its now a deluxe studio! Never had this happen before and wondered if anyone else had encountered something like this?

Will contact MS but I'm not hopeful that they will do anything.

We just got back from a stay in the Resort Studio's. No noise at all. Walls are not thin, don't understand how they could be if it's a converted building...a building of originally hotel rooms into resort Studio's. Anyway, the place is gorgeous, the rooms are beautiful. We never heard anything from other rooms. Just our recent experience. Enjoy it. The building is in a great location too!

Dee

What room view did you have and floor out of curiosity

We have standard view resort studio booked for the first week of December.

I am looking for room request suggestions.

TIA

We added on direct when VGF2 went on sale, will be making our first DVC trip (we stayed once pre-DVC years ago) in January, and are super excited!

Anything we should put on the calendar as "must do"??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter