"The Official 'True Blood' Vampire Thread" ...spoilers included.

DH bought me the 1st book, Dead Until Dark, on Saturday and I finished yesterday afternoon. I have to say that though HBO has changed a few things, they're pretty much keeping to the book and I like that. I am a little confused about Tara, where did she come from? And why does she have to be so LOUD?

I can't wait until next week to see how HBO's going to play out the scene with the mean vampires. Ugh, that dude with the skeleton tattoo is freaky!! Did you see they way he made his eyes roll to the side? Blech.:sick:

I've never read the books, so some of this discussion is interesting. It's like being let into little secrets that nobody else knows.

About last night's show - I didn't know that sucking blood could be so damn sexy. That scene in the beginning where Sookie is sucking Bill's blood? :smokin:

I've never read the books, so some of this discussion is interesting. It's like being let into little secrets that nobody else knows.

About last night's show - I didn't know that sucking blood could be so damn sexy. That scene in the beginning where Sookie is sucking Bill's blood? :smokin:
In the books, bloodsucking is always talked about in a sexual way, whether it is the vampire doing it or the human doing it. I didn't expect that first scene to be so sexy, but I'm waiting, rather impatiently, for the ones that are yet to come.

Ok so I watched the show... is it supposed to be so stupid it is silly- or is it just me- being from Louisiana and hearing the horrible accents- and them having cities that are too far apart discussed as they are next door?

I suppose I should read the books- but the show didn't make me want to read them at all.

I have enjoyed other vampire books- Stephenie Meyers' Twilight serries- is pretty good...

I enjoyed Anne Rice- but she does get wordy- I've read all of her Vampire books, the witch books, and even her Jesus books... her style is familiar too me- so easier for me to read- and yes I do skim when she starts getting to wordy...

Thanks to bookgirl for the other list- I'll have to check out some of the others on your list.

Ok so I watched the show... is it supposed to be so stupid it is silly- or is it just me- being from Louisiana and hearing the horrible accents- and them having cities that are too far apart discussed as they are next door?
Which towns are they making sound close? In the book, the fictional town of Bon Temps is said to be about an hour from Shreveport and about 4 hours from New Orleans.

With the exception of old people around here, people speak of Philadelphia and NYC as being in our backyard and both are about 2 hours away. When you live in a podunk town, you go to the bigger cities to shop and play sometimes. Two hours isn't too far to drive and come back in a day to shop in A-plus stores like L&T, Bloomingdales and Nordstroms when your only local options are C and D quality stores. It makes the 2 hour drive seem like you're shopping locally.

I watched Episode 2 last night- I am really enjoying this!

When it ended I screamed out- "It has been an hour already!?"

I find it funny that I would not give Stephen Moyer a second look before this show, he is "generic"

However- now? I think he has "glamoured" me!
blur.gif
He is not one of my top 10- but there is something about him.

When Sookie asked him to show her how he "glamours" humans- I told DH- she is going to crack the heck up when he is finished! I called that one!:lmao: I would have done the same thing:rotfl2:

I kind of feel bad for him, I know Sookie wants to get to know him better, but sometimes, he just looks "taken aback" by some of the things she says to him. Like when he told her she has to "invite" him into her home- she was going to "take it back":rotfl2: (BTW- hello- didn't she see Lost Boys, of course, you HAVE to invite a vampire into your home!):thumbsup2

I watched Episode 2 last night- I am really enjoying this!

When it ended I screamed out- "It has been an hour already!?"

I find it funny that I would not give Stephen Moyer a second look before this show, he is "generic"

However- now? I think he has "glamoured" me!
blur.gif
He is not one of my top 10- but there is something about him.

When Sookie asked him to show her how he "glamours" humans- I told DH- she is going to crack the heck up when he is finished! I called that one!:lmao: I would have done the same thing:rotfl2:

I kind of feel bad for him, I know Sookie wants to get to know him better, but sometimes, he just looks "taken aback" by some of the things she says to him. Like when he told her she has to "invite" him into her home- she was going to "take it back":rotfl2: (BTW- hello- didn't she see Lost Boys, of course, you HAVE to invite a vampire into your home!):thumbsup2
I love your glamour icon.
blur.gif

Very funny line about The Lost Boys! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I really like it. Based on a couple of previews, I was afraid it might be too lighthearted, but I should have known better with Alan Ball at the helm! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I'm going back and forth with wanting to read the books. I haven't read the books with Dexter because I don't want any spoilers for the series. But on the other hand, I love seeing good books brought to life -- as long as they're well done.

For those who have read the books, what do you recommend?

I LOVE the books and recently reread the entire series. It was kind of fun not having to wait between books this time around.

But, so far, the show has been pretty true to the books with the notable exception of Tara playing a much larger part in the tv show. So if you think the books will ruin the show for you, you might want to wait a bit.

I personally cannot wait for Eric to make his appearance. I am not a huge Bill fan but I :love: Eric and I hope the actor playing him can do him justice.

I love your glamour icon.
blur.gif

Very funny line about The Lost Boys! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I thought Sookie knew all about those kinds of things!

I saw the trailer for The Lost Boys (part 2) I think I will see it- I know there is nothing like the first one- but I will check it out.

I personally cannot wait for Eric to make his appearance. I am not a huge Bill fan but I :love: Eric and I hope the actor playing him can do him justice.
He's supposed to show up, I think in the 4th episode, from what I've heard. While I understand that he was a pompous <youknowwhat> in the beginning, he really grew on me as the series matured. I also can't wait until Alcide makes an appearance, but sadly, if season 1 is based on Dead Until Dark, I'll have to wait for Alcide.
I thought Sookie knew all about those kinds of things!

I saw the trailer for The Lost Boys (part 2) I think I will see it- I know there is nothing like the first one- but I will check it out.
Sookie seems to be more on a learn as you go program. At least she's not stupid and will use the things she learns along the way to her benefit, so she's not just a weak, defenseless female.

Is Lost Boys 2 new or is it something I should put on my Blockbuster DVD list?

DH bought me the 1st book, Dead Until Dark, on Saturday and I finished yesterday afternoon. I have to say that though HBO has changed a few things, they're pretty much keeping to the book and I like that. I am a little confused about Tara, where did she come from? And why does she have to be so LOUD?

I can't wait until next week to see how HBO's going to play out the scene with the mean vampires. Ugh, that dude with the skeleton tattoo is freaky!! Did you see they way he made his eyes roll to the side? Blech.:sick:

Oh, yea scared the beejeesers out of ME!:eek: Hurry up Sunday!:yay:

I LOVE the books and recently reread the entire series. It was kind of fun not having to wait between books this time around.

But, so far, the show has been pretty true to the books with the notable exception of Tara playing a much larger part in the tv show. So if you think the books will ruin the show for you, you might want to wait a bit.

Ditto here-I can't wait to see Eric!:lovestruc I read on Charlaine Harris' website that she told the actor that he has alot to live up to (with the fans) and he said he's feeling the pressure.

That looks good. I'm going to Blockbuster online now to add it to my queue.

I just went to BB online and added it too. I moved it up to #1, so we will probably get it next week sometime.

DH will probably not be a happy camper. :rotfl2: He thinks all scary movies are stupid- which, yes, they are, not much out there scares me anymore.

But I want to take a peek at it.

Ditto here-I can't wait to see Eric!:lovestruc I read on Charlaine Harris' website that she told the actor that he has alot to live up to (with the fans) and he said he's feeling the pressure.

Is Eric the one with longer blonde hair? Do you know who that is? It's Stellan Skarsgaard's son. He was recently in Generation Kill! I loved him in Generation Kill (even though I didn't totally get that show).

I just went to BB online and added it too. I moved it up to #1, so we will probably get it next week sometime.

DH will probably not be a happy camper. :rotfl2: He thinks all scary movies are stupid- which, yes, they are, not much out there scares me anymore.

But I want to take a peek at it.
I have it as #3. I want SATC next week when it comes out and I want to see Made of Honor first. I'm only on the one DVD at a time deal.

:mad: :mad: We haven't had power in two days and I lost Gossip Girl, True Blood and Big Brother... :mad: :mad:

I thought the first ep was pretty good. I love Eric, Pam, Sam and Alcee Beck so I'm waiting for more character development. I should be able to find a re-run this week, right? :headache:

ETA: Looks like 11:30 tonight. Whew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter