The Official "Thanksgiving at Fort Wilderness 2009" Thread

We will be in the Fort from 11/20 until 11/28. I requested loop 1400 but I won't know until we get there. I'll have our green mickey in the front window. We may also be spotted by our LSU chairs. This is our 3rd stay at the Fort for Thanksgiving.

We're back again for the second T-day at Ft. Wilderness for us. Tenatively also coming up for Christmas. I hope the weather is as nice as it was last year. Plans are up in the air as to whether we'll have our meal with the family before we arrive on Thurs. or not.

From the lack of responses does this mean the Fort won't be crowded for Thanksgiving Week :confused: ????
I know ....I know....wishful thinking !!!!pixiedust:

I have been lurking for years and decided it was time I stopped lurking. My DH and I will be tent-camping at the Fort for the first time Thanksgiving week. We can't wait!!

We will arrive on 11/22 and I should have the van packed this week-end. :cheer2:

We will be arriving on the 30th. We have never gone down for Thanksgiving but always for CHRISTmas. I soooo love all the decorations.

I noticed a lot of folks will still be there when we get there so hopefully I will get to meet some of you:)

I have been lurking for years and decided it was time I stopped lurking. My DH and I will be tent-camping at the Fort for the first time Thanksgiving week. We can't wait!!

We will arrive on 11/22 and I should have the van packed this week-end. :cheer2:
Congratulations on your first Fort camping trip, and welcome to the boards!! :cheer2:
Get yourself a green DISboard Fort Fiends sign for your campsite, so we can find you and say hello!

We will be there from Wed nov 25 to sat nov 28. We are not renting a cart this time as we are saving our $$ for Vegas...LOL DH and I fly out Monday nov 30 for a "business trip" in Vegas without the kids..... Needless to say I am excited about disney and vegas!

You guys are making me Jealous. :sad1: I have to wait until Thanksgiving 2010. I can't wait though. 2 weeks at Disney last time I did that I was probably 11 years old. :woohoo:

Well time is getting close!

I rolled the pop-up outside today and set it up to make sure everything was ready. Stuffed to the gills, she is, and I pulled her down to the gas station to check air pressure in all the tires in the TV and camper (including spares - good thing I did that). Google maps says it will take us about 9.5 hours travelling east from Birmingham to Atlanta on I-20 then down I-75 to the turnpike and come in on Toll Road 429 South onto the property.

Sometimes we go down I-65 to Montgomery then 4-lane highway through Dothan to I-10; it's about 30 miles shorter but with red lights etc it's about 30 minutes longer.

We had a request to start the Thanksgiving Day walk (now known as the Turkey Day Dash) a little later so we will start at 8 a.m. at the Meadow Trading Post on the 900 loop side.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!:3dglasses

Bama ED

We're set to pull out Friday night after work. We are stopping midway for the night and hope to arrive at FW Saturday morning. This weekend is going to be hectic trying to get everything wash and packed into the MH along with cooking a few meals. I sure hope this week goes by fast....I need this vacation !!!! :laundy::stir:

One bit of advice I can give is bring your ressie sheet you either got email or in the mail after you booked. Last year we saw campers sitting just inside the Outpost with their slides out because they had no site because they overbooked. We were inside and people were screaming because they were being told they couldn't find their ressies.

We will leave about 2:30PM Friday the 20th and hope to be at the Fort in time to watch the Tigers of LSU beat the Rebels of Ole Miss on Saturday. It's an 885 mile trek for us and we try to make the best of the looooooong drive, knowing what fun awaits us at the end. This will be our 3rd Thanksgiving at the Fort. I'm a long-time lurker and have learned lots from the postings - this board is the authority for all things about the Fort and related activities. So, if you see a Cougar 5th wheel from Texas decorated with LSU and Christmas, stop by and say hello.

A special note to Bama Ed - I like the idea of a Turkey Day "trot" and will be looking forward to getting some exercise before we chow down on the smoked turkey and pork tenderloin we're bringing.

One bit of advice I can give is bring your ressie sheet you either got email or in the mail after you booked. Last year we saw campers sitting just inside the Outpost with their slides out because they had no site because they overbooked. We were inside and people were screaming because they were being told they couldn't find their ressies.

We saw this happen over July 4th this year. I always make sure I have my confirmation numbers, etc. with us. I even call and reconfirm the golf cart rental before we go, because someone there "accidentally" cancelled our reservation one time, we were lucky we were still able to get a cart.

I booked Thanksgiving 2010 yesterday, had to book 2 weeks to get it. We might have to cancel this years, will let everyone know if I do, in case anyone wants it.

Let's keep our fingers crossed on the weather next week folks. Looks kinda iffy on Thursday and Friday. We could use a little pixie dust if anyone has some to spare! :goodvibes

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter