*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

We are just finishing up our third day and it has been very hot - but not a drop of rain. It is a good thing we have been to WDW lots of times because it was really hard to stay in the parks for more than a few hours in this heat. We are having a great time, though. :)

I don't think we will go to Disney in September again, though. It is just too hot. The end of October has much better weather.

It has been CRAZY humid/hot the last few days. No relief at night. Crowds are definitely building.

We will be down there in 2 weeks! It's been 4 years since we last went and the anticipation is killing us! There are several restaurants we are trying for the first time (Teppan Edo, Sci-Fi, Mama Melrose's, Bon Voyage, BOG, Raglan Road) that we are looking forward to.

I survived day 1 at Disney! We went to AK and holy cow it was crowded! Touring Plans had it at a crowd level 1 but there's just no way....it was packed with people. Luckily we fastpassed everything, but just walking from place to place there were people everywhere. Also, the heat and humidity almost did me in. DH sweat through his shirt by the time we had brunch. We went back to AKL for a couple of hours for a nap and it was so nice and cool in the room that we contemplated skipping ROL. We did end up going back but it was still so hot. We did the Safari at sunset, which was neat, but the FP line was *so* slow. Like...the line barely moved.
I'm disheartened a little that the crowds are this bad,TBH. I'm hoping crowd levels ease up.

I survived day 1 at Disney! We went to AK and holy cow it was crowded! Touring Plans had it at a crowd level 1 but there's just no way....it was packed with people. Luckily we fastpassed everything, but just walking from place to place there were people everywhere. Also, the heat and humidity almost did me in. DH sweat through his shirt by the time we had brunch. We went back to AKL for a couple of hours for a nap and it was so nice and cool in the room that we contemplated skipping ROL. We did end up going back but it was still so hot. We did the Safari at sunset, which was neat, but the FP line was *so* slow. Like...the line barely moved.
I'm disheartened a little that the crowds are this bad,TBH. I'm hoping crowd levels ease up.

We did Epcot and HS yesterday, and crowds were light—no wait at the food booths, lots of room to move around. Maybe it was just a fluke AK was crowded?!

On our way to the airport :tigger:

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Oh no! I hope the crowds let up for you. I know of many people from the Carolinas who evacuated to WDW for the hurricane this week. Most are heading home soon I think. Hope the heat and humidity let up for you soon also!

Agreed that there was zero chance that was a crowd level 1. While refresh worked in the morning, it felt like it was just wall to wall people everywhere we went. And the heat is brutal. We've done summer trips before but this is a whole new level of sticky.

We RD MGM this morning and I was dripping sweat before even tapping in to the park. Here's hoping crowds are more in line with crowd calendar predictions...

Weird, I have 13 Days until check in and mine arrive more than a week ago along with the Magic Bands. I'd give them a call.

I did place a call to them 2 days ago, they're re-sending my tags, but if they don't arrive I'm going to have to do the MCO Terminal A shuffle! I don't necessarily mind though, but it would be nice to have everything going according to plan.

Agreed that there was zero chance that was a crowd level 1. While refresh worked in the morning, it felt like it was just wall to wall people everywhere we went. And the heat is brutal. We've done summer trips before but this is a whole new level of sticky.

We RD MGM this morning and I was dripping sweat before even tapping in to the park. Here's hoping crowds are more in line with crowd calendar predictions...
We rope dropped DHS today too. Went right for SDD and waited in line for about 40 minutes right off the bat :(
It's really busy today too.
We're going back to the resort after we're done at Sci-Fi. This heat is just killing us. We are coming back to the back tonight for the SW dessert party.
Glad we have a sleep in day planned for tomorrow!

Unfortunately the major downside of a 1030pm arrival is 5 stops on DME. Of course, Pop is going to be the last one. :coffee:
That will be us in 2 weeks. Also arrive at 1030pm and I suspected it would be a long bus ride. We are actually staying at Sports this time (no availability at POP) but I’m sure it will still be lots of stops before Sports

We rope dropped DHS today too. Went right for SDD and waited in line for about 40 minutes right off the bat :(
It's really busy today too.
We're going back to the resort after we're done at Sci-Fi. This heat is just killing us. We are coming back to the back tonight for the SW dessert party.
Glad we have a sleep in day planned for tomorrow!

We managed to be at the front of the mad dash to SDD but the line stretched back past the entrance to TSL by the time we were done. Crowds still seem very high comparatively speaking, definitely not what we were expecting. Left at 1:30 to go back to Pop to cool off and nap. Back now and doesn't feel like crowds have cleared. I know crowd predictions are guesstimates but they seem to be off right now. That coupled with the heat is proving to be a rough start to the trip for us. Hoping the crowds drop off as predicted on Monday. We're also taking tomorrow off, getting breakfast at Ohana and then Typhoon Lagoon.

That will be us in 2 weeks. Also arrive at 1030pm and I suspected it would be a long bus ride. We are actually staying at Sports this time (no availability at POP) but I’m sure it will still be lots of stops before Sports

Each stop was a couple minutes since there weren't many of us, just a lot of stops. We stopped at Beach, Yacht, and Boardwalk before Pop, with Caribbean Beach after us. We were on the bus for a little over an hour.

I wonder how much attendance is being driven by Hurricane Florence. I mean if I had to evac from NC or SC, Orlando is not a bad place to go this time around.

Yep, I actually mentioned this earlier on this page. I know of quite a few people from the Carolinas who headed to Orlando. Many had coined it a "hurrication". :laughing:

We decided to use the water park admission again. Blizzard Beach. Best weather for it except 40 minute closure. Almost no lines. Had the place to ourselves!
Fantasmic tonight - WARNING the construction adds significant time to arrival. We should have boated from an EPCOT resort. Standing room only

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter