*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Eight days to go until our trip. Had a bad dream last night that I was at MK and needed to load the MDE site to see when our fastpasses were, but the site wouldn't load!

edit: And directly after I posted this, I went to the site to think about moving one of my FPs around, but I went to the wrong page and for a minute I thought all my FPs were gone. :scared:

Refresh strategy has been working extremely well today. Original selections:
Navi 950
Safari 1055
Everest 12

Today in park:
RD FoP, off by 905
Pulled Navi to 930
Standby Safari 15 min posted at 910, done by 930, swap Safari FP for Lion King 1230 and pulled Everest to 1030
FP Navi at 940, pulled Everest to 1010 and Lion King and to 1130
FP Everest at 1010, pulled Lion King to 1030.

Now that's what I call a successful RD and refresh morning! And only bothering to refresh while in lines. So far so good!

Same here. We’ve been able to fastpass everything. In the fast pass line for river rapids now and snagged a 110 for Everest

I finally feel normal again today! Got home on Saturday lol

The heat really did a number on me. I'll never do 8 days of parks and travel in that heat again. I got Disney rash, mosquito bites and a nasty blister despite taking all precautions.

We caught a flat on the way home from the airport and were stranded on a bridge for an hour before state troopers and Honda came to our rescue.

Yeah it took me 5 days to recover from that! lolllll

Oh, wow - sorry to hear about your troubles while there! I got a bit of the "Disney rash" on my feet for the first time ever while I was there last week. I was happy I didn't get any blisters though. Other than the rash, I wasn't too bothered by the heat, but I did take breaks many afternoons around 3 or 4pm.

Eight days to go until our trip. Had a bad dream last night that I was at MK and needed to load the MDE site to see when our fastpasses were, but the site wouldn't load!

edit: And directly after I posted this, I went to the site to think about moving one of my FPs around, but I went to the wrong page and for a minute I thought all my FPs were gone. :scared:

Are you sure you weren't awake? That's happened to plenty of people this past week with MDE! My tickets were missing for days until they rolled back their latest update.

11 days!! Gosh, I got sick and was hospitalized for a couple of days, I was so afraid they wouldn’t let me out of the hospital.

All is good now and I feel the need to pack already!

As of today - at least at AK - don't plan on anything you don't have a FP for.
Disney is barely able to accommodate the FP lines. At KS now. 20 minute posted wait. We haven't moved in 15 minutes. Not one person except FP line. Not one. Park is hotter than Hades. This has been the least fun highest uncomfortable experience of the ten days.

With all the technology available, it is RIDICULOUS they can't measure accurately. And a shame they won't staff appropriately.

As of today - at least at AK - don't plan on anything you don't have a FP for.
Disney is barely able to accommodate the FP lines. At KS now. 20 minute posted wait. We haven't moved in 15 minutes. Not one person except FP line. Not one. Park is hotter than Hades. This has been the least fun highest uncomfortable experience of the ten days.

With all the technology available, it is RIDICULOUS they can't measure accurately. And a shame they won't staff appropriately.
Jungle Cruise was doing that earlier today at MK... but at least there the posted wait time was high (60 minutes).

At Epcot now; about to hop on Living With The Land and maybe hop into the Soarin’ queue afterwards. Wasn’t able to get any good FastPasses for any rides here after I finished up my three at MK (granted, over the course of the last week, I’ve ridden everything in the park, and ridden my favorites several times), but did manage to grab an Illuminations FP that I may or may not keep (last night of my trip, but I’ve already seen Illuminations twice from what very well may be better locations than the FP viewing area, so might try to beat the hordes out of the park instead).

I have say (rather selfishly) that I am so happy that ANY hurricane is staying away from WDW next week. It was a great risk to book.
We have some FP but anything we get to will be great! I am grateful.....:cutie:
Hope everyone has a fun and safe trip to our fun place!! :flower1:

Oh, wow - sorry to hear about your troubles while there! I got a bit of the "Disney rash" on my feet for the first time ever while I was there last week. I was happy I didn't get any blisters though. Other than the rash, I wasn't too bothered by the heat, but I did take breaks many afternoons around 3 or 4pm.

We took a lot of breaks, too. We missed much of the rain even though it meant getting kicked out of the pool due to lightning!

We are just finishing up our third day and it has been very hot - but not a drop of rain. It is a good thing we have been to WDW lots of times because it was really hard to stay in the parks for more than a few hours in this heat. We are having a great time, though. :)

I don't think we will go to Disney in September again, though. It is just too hot. The end of October has much better weather.

We are just finishing up our third day and it has been very hot - but not a drop of rain. It is a good thing we have been to WDW lots of times because it was really hard to stay in the parks for more than a few hours in this heat. We are having a great time, though. :)

I don't think we will go to Disney in September again, though. It is just too hot. The end of October has much better weather.
Agreed on the heat— been here since Saturday (leaving tomorrow :() and it’s been hot.

My days have largely been “do inside thing, beeline for next inside thing, go back to room and crank up the air conditioner, try not to melt” and so on. I don’t regret scheduling the trip when I did, though— crowds haven’t been too bad, and I can do heat so long as I don’t have to stay out in it too long.

That said, walking the World Showcase loop yesterday around noon/1-ish just about did me in— it was hot, the sun was killer, and there’s very little shade around much of the main walking path there. Was back in Epcot this afternoon/evening for dinner, some shopping, and other last-minute stuff (had to get a couple last trips through Spaceship Earth in) and ended up hanging out indoors in Future World until around sunset (rehydration at whatever that QS is next to MouseGears, walked over to The Land and rode Living With The Land around one last time, then headed over and spent a while watching the fish and manatees at The Seas). I did not want to do the “melt my way around the world” thing again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter