*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

And I have so much to do in the next 4 days! I always wait till the last minute lol. Oh well, no sleep for me :)

I'm always last minute too. I always feel like I have so much time and then suddenly time's up :scared: I haven't even started packing yet, but I've got my packing lists ready. I've even got a list for the items I'm bringing on the flight and to do lists of what I need to remember to do before we go.

I'm always last minute too. I always feel like I have so much time and then suddenly time's up :scared: I haven't even started packing yet, but I've got my packing lists ready. I've even got a list for the items I'm bringing on the flight and to do lists of what I need to remember to do before we go.

The important stuff - magic bands, travel docs, medications are all stacked. Box of stuff already in transit. Bin in bedroom with some clothes - truth is, I could be packed completely in 5 minutes in an emergency- it wouldn't be pretty but it's doable.
I commute to the the beach almost every Friday after work from June through September so throwing the essentials in a bag is fairly easy.
How lucky are we to have this long weekend right before our departure.

Got my loose end tied up at work this morning and also printed my spreadsheets. As I was there, I got a text that my room is ready!! Wow, that was early! Now I need to look up the room number to see where it is at All Star Movies. I'll just be there tonight, then it's on to the Boardwalk for the remainder of the trip! Hope that room is ready early too!

Doing one last load of laundry and need to water my garden (friend is coming over to check on it while I'm away but not until Tuesday), then it's off to take my pup to her staycation at doggy daycare in about three hours, then straight to the train station from there to get to the airport!

I actually managed to get a bit of decent sleep last night so I'm feeling pretty good! And excited!! :cool1::cheer2:

Anyone know if kids can participate in resort activities at the other resorts?
As far as I know, resort activities are open to anyone with the exception of the pool activities at the resort pools. The resort pools are for resort guests only. I know that they don't check to see if you are a resort guest at the resort camp fires. We've roasted marshmallows at several resorts that we weren't staying at. ;)

We'll hit the 2 weeks to go mark on Labor Day. Our Magic Bands are already here but we're still waiting on cruise documents it seems? But I'm pretty sure that's fine. My mom says that once the holiday weekend is over we'll actually start getting our stuff together to see what we have and what we still have to get. Can't believe it's almost here already!

At the airport and there was no security line and no line to check-in for SW flights. Can't remember the last time I've seen it this empty. Sure hope that's a sign of crowds to come this next week!

Boarding in an hour! Woohoo!

ETA: Looks like I'm in the Mighty Ducks section of All Star Movies and will actually be very close to the bus stop for All Star Music next door. Might just get the bus to AK from there in the morning. Hoping they have the Halloween refillable mugs also!

Last edited:
My parents and I will be there 9/21-9/25! Staying at AoA :banana:

It was a last minute decision for us, and our first time booking a trip with less than 2 months to plan. JetBlue had $86 direct flight deals, we all still had vacation time left, we have APs so tickets were paid for and there was a 20% off rooms deal. How could we say no to that?

We still were able to get the restaurant ressies we wanted and were lucky to grab a Slinky FP on our HS day! We have been in Aug once but never Sept. Even if it’s hot or raining, we’ll still be in Disney and not at work, which sounds like a win to me. :cool1:

Last edited:
My parents and I will be there 9/21-9/25! Staying at AoA :banana:

It was a last minute decision for us, and our first time booking a trip with less than 2 months to plan. JetBlue had $86 direct flight deals, we all still had vacation time left, we have APs so tickets were paid for and there was a 20% off rooms deal. How could we say no to that?

We still were able to get the restaurant ressies we wanted and were lucky to grab a Slinky FP on our HS day! We have been in Aug once but never Sept. Even if it’s hot or raining, we’ll still be in Disney and not at work, which sounds like a win to me. :cool1:
That was really lucky to get the SDD fp at the last minute. We moved our trip up just last Saturday and got everything, dining and fps and a discounted resort room, and cheaper flights. The only thing we didn't get was SDD fp. :) It makes me think that crowds will be low for this trip. :)

That was really lucky to get the SDD fp at the last minute. We moved our trip up just last Saturday and got everything, dining and fps and a discounted resort room, and cheaper flights. The only thing we didn't get was SDD fp. :) It makes me think that crowds will be low for this trip. :)

Right?! We thought so too! It took a few days of searching but finally one popped up on the day we needed so I grabbed it. :worship: It cut into our pool time but it will be worth it!

I’ve been searching nonstop for a FoP FP but I doubt one of those will pop up. My mom really wants to go on again so I won’t stop looking for one until we’re on the plane back... :surfweb:

Finally here and settled into my Royal Room at POR! Had an exciting adventure on DME, the A/C went out on the bus and the driver called another bus to come pick us up for the rest of the trip to the resort. Had to switch busses on the side of the highway! :eek: :faint:

Had a lovely dinner at Raglan Road and a little stroll around DS, and now getting ready for my first park day tomorrow! :jumping1:

Not crazy at all! We love theme park view so much we are doing it again in 5 days. Splurging for Atrium Club Level this time!
:banana:

That’s awesome! We’ve never done Deluxe but hubs said it would be so much easier with the walk to MK and monorail to Epcot. When he told me he wanted to book the Contemporary, I was thinking garden wing but he said theme park view! How do you like it? Hope you guys have a magical trip!

That’s awesome! We’ve never done Deluxe but hubs said it would be so much easier with the walk to MK and monorail to Epcot. When he told me he wanted to book the Contemporary, I was thinking garden wing but he said theme park view! How do you like it? Hope you guys have a magical trip!
We love it! We watched the fireworks from our balcony a few times and you can turn your TV to play the music from the show. We all agreed it was so much better than fighting the crowds. The walk to MK is very short. Maybe 10 minutes, plus you go through security on the way with no line.

We love it! We watched the fireworks from our balcony a few times and you can turn your TV to play the music from the show. We all agreed it was so much better than fighting the crowds. The walk to MK is very short. Maybe 10 minutes, plus you go through security on the way with no line.

That’s great about it playing the music through the tv! Sounds like it will be amazing!

Well, against my beliefs, I packed 1 suitcase tonight lol. My goal was to fit all my clothes in one and I did it! I also made a list so I won't have to open it a dozen times to re-check what's in there. My wife will pack everything else. Now when I get home Wednesday from work, I can go right to sleep for 6 hours before we head out on our 7 hour drive at 2:00 am.

Well, against my beliefs, I packed 1 suitcase tonight lol. My goal was to fit all my clothes in one and I did it! I also made a list so I won't have to open it a dozen times to re-check what's in there. My wife will pack everything else. Now when I get home Wednesday from work, I can go right to sleep for 6 hours before we head out on our 7 hour drive at 2:00 am.

I don't know if I'll start packing after work today or wait until tomorrow. This cold is not doing me any favours, so if I still feel dreadful after work I might just leave it until tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter