*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

15 Days!!! AHHHHH! I'm packing everything I've been throwing in/near my suitcases this weekend; DD and I leave for Florida to see her grandparent on September 4th, then we'll drive to Disney World on the 8th!!! I can't wait!!! party:

Last night, I filled the box to be shipped. Can see a whole new part of the bedroom floor.

Suitcase and carry on in room but not touching them until next week.

Not sure what I want to wear for shorts which is unusual. Might go shopping.

2 weeks from tomorrow, and today I am working from home so pulled the packing cubes and suitcases out - my DH is going to laugh but I have too much energy - also the offer we put in on the house was accepted so now we have TONS OF ADULT STUFF to do before and after this trip so i REALLY need the disney time. We have a split stay so I am trying to pack one suitcase for first part the other for the second but I am already questioning outfit choices so I don't see that lasting

TGIF EVERYONE

My Old Navy/Athleta order arrived yesterday - a couple of pairs of shorts and a swimsuit for the trip! I also went to Ross today and got a pair of comfy Skechers since my current ones have lost a lot of their memory foam cushioning. I've always had great luck with Skechers being super comfortable right off the bat, but do plan to wear them this coming week while walking my dog each day to make sure.

Also got a few travel size items today at Target and started putting things in little piles to get ready to pack.

Watching the live action Beauty and the Beast now!

My kids reminded me today that three weeks from today, my Mom is coming. Which means three weeks and one day from today, we leave! I still cannot allow myself to get too excited and pack-y, as we have a work trip and birthday to celebrate before I can begin to really focus. But we've gotten our gift cards from Sam's, and I transferred all the balances so I have 2 instead of... a whole bunch. So that definitely makes it feel real.

2 weeks from tomorrow, and today I am working from home so pulled the packing cubes and suitcases out - my DH is going to laugh but I have too much energy - also the offer we put in on the house was accepted so now we have TONS OF ADULT STUFF to do before and after this trip so i REALLY need the disney time. We have a split stay so I am trying to pack one suitcase for first part the other for the second but I am already questioning outfit choices so I don't see that lasting

TGIF EVERYONE
This is my plan as well. This is my first split stay and my first time using packing cubes so we'll see how it goes. I'm a notorious overpacker too, so this should be interesting.

This is my plan as well. This is my first split stay and my first time using packing cubes so we'll see how it goes. I'm a notorious overpacker too, so this should be interesting.

A little worried that because I shipped a whole box, there will be so much more room, I will over pack.

I LOVE my packing cubes! I've never done a split stay at Disney but I've used them on other multi-segment trips and they were a lifesaver.

TGIF EVERYONE
Congratulations on your house!! Try to figure out if you can at least pack your cubes by portion of your trip! I feel like it would make the move to resort two much quicker and less stressful if you're not having to pack up everything.

I'm finally in the teens....19 days to go!! :yay:

DH and I went over our final touring/adr/FP plan last night to double check everything. Apparently I didn't make an ADR one night (or cancelled an ADR??), so now I'm trying to decide where we want to eat on one of the nights. I think we're leaning towards Via Napoli since we've never eaten there and want to try something new. He kind of wants to try Morimoto but we'll be at Epcot F&W during the day so I was thinking something lighter/we can share would be good.

Anyway, glad we got that off the list :)

I'm finally in the teens....19 days to go!! :yay:

DH and I went over our final touring/adr/FP plan last night to double check everything. Apparently I didn't make an ADR one night (or cancelled an ADR??), so now I'm trying to decide where we want to eat on one of the nights. I think we're leaning towards Via Napoli since we've never eaten there and want to try something new. He kind of wants to try Morimoto but we'll be at Epcot F&W during the day so I was thinking something lighter/we can share would be good.

Anyway, glad we got that off the list :)

Also debating ADR vs F & W. We have Tepan Edo. Might cancel.

Also debating ADR vs F & W. We have Tepan Edo. Might cancel.

We have an ADR at Epcot one night, and I'm tempted to cancel. But it's our "anniversary dinner" and we only have one other ADR our entire trip. We're have an 8pm res and are hoping to be able to see Illuminations. So I think I'll keep it and just hope I can be hungry for a full meal by then. Unless you guys have a great suggestion for a place to watch Illuminations where I won't have to camp out for a spot. ;)

I am also a huge fan of my packing cubes! In January, we did WDW for marathon weekend and the cruise on the Dream after. I was able to pack my run stuff in one cube, cruise clothes in another cube and WDW clothes in their own cube. I didn't even touch my cruise clothes until we got on the ship! It was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter