*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

This is basically every trip we ever go on.
Him: "Why do you pack so much stuff?"
Me: "Because we always need something and guess who has it? Me. This girl."
*Go on trip. Husband or kid needs something random.*
Him: "What are we going to do? We need XYZ."
Me: "I have it." Boom.

Oh I live this all of the time. We have been at the beach for the last 1.5 weeks. My DH caught a terrible cold. Boy was he thrilled when I pulled the cold meds out. The stores close early here and the price is usually 2 - 3 X the regular costs.

Originally we were getting in late on 9/1 so we were staying at Best Western for one night. Decided to leave earlier so added to our Coronado stay and hitting Spirit of Aloha that night.

What value did you book? Pop's new rooms have a single cup coffee maker
No, we ended up with music since that’s where my family booked. It’s going to be interesting since we are used to deluxe:eek: I just keep telling myself we will be back at AKL and POLY next time......

FP day tomorrow! My Disney TA is going to book them since she's in EDT and I'm in MDT. It will be me, DH, and our (at that time) 8 month old. Obviously with the baby, we plan to be flexible. She's currently a good stroller napper, so we have that in our favor.

DH loves roller coasters and I tend to not care, so he'll do a few on his own. For others with height req, we will do RS, even though we'll have to ride alone. Anyone care to critique my tentative plans and FP choices?

Sat Sep 8th
- Arrive 3:30pm into MCO, take ME to Poly
- check into Poly DVC studio, let baby rest or wiggle around
- find dinner
- Head over to MK for a little bit, start with easy rides to see how baby does
- Winnie the Pooh, IASW, Under the Sea
- Possibly catch HEA
Sun Sep 9th
- MK in morning
- Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Pirates of Caribbean
- Find some lunch either at park or back at Poly, then rest or pool time midafternoon
- Hop to AK if we can
Mon Sep 10th
- Ohana breakfast at 7:30a
- EP in morning
- FEA, Seas with Nemo, Living with the Land (try for Soarin' after)
- Find some lunch either at park or back at Poly, then rest or pool time midafternoon
- Hop to HS if we can
Tues Sep 11th
- MK in morning
- Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan's Flight
- Crystal Palace lunch at 12:10p
- Rest or pool time midafternoon
- Hop to EP if we can
Wed Sep 12th
- HS in morning
- SDD, TOT (for DH, I hate this ride!), Space Tours (try for TSM and AS2 after)
- Hop to MK if we can
Thur Sep 13th
- AK in morning
- FOP, EE (again, for DH), Safari (attempt to RD Navi)
- Hop to EP if we can
Fri Sep 14
- Kona Cafe breakfast at 7:45a
- Catch ME to MCO for flight at 2:45p

If I've been studying this board correctly, this should be the order of FP attempts:
SDD 60+4
FOP 60+5
FEA 60+2
PPF 60+3
Safari 60+5
All others

DH's absolute favorite ride is TSM, but I told him it looks to be easier to pick one of those up day of and we need the SDD FP instead.

Last edited:
My DW and I are arriving 9/15 for our second trip together! We'll be staying until 9/21. Couldn't be more excited!

Welcome - I am going on my 20th trip 9/15 - 9/22 with hubs and his family (they have only been a few times) I am booking all FP next week - little nervous as we are a party of 11 with 3 under 3! We will be at the Pop!!

FP day tomorrow! My Disney TA is going to book them since she's in EDT and I'm in MDT. It will be me, DH, and our (at that time) 8 month old. Obviously with the baby, we plan to be flexible. She's currently a good stroller napper, so we have that in our favor.
Looks like a great plan! Good luck on getting all you want!

Welcome - I am going on my 20th trip 9/15 - 9/22 with hubs and his family (they have only been a few times) I am booking all FP next week - little nervous as we are a party of 11 with 3 under 3! We will be at the Pop!
Wow, that sounds like it will be an interesting challenge! I wish you the best in that. We'll be at the Boardwalk Villas, but I may book us an extra day at another resort just to stay a little longer haha

Touring Plans just made my day! Most of my day crowd levels decreased by two or three levels. One of my MK days went from a 5 to a 1! I hope this holds and we can have low crowds throughout the whole trip!

I feel the same way - despite the fact Disney can up the ante on what they will offer to fill the resorts - FP was super easy (did I say that out loud?) and people are reporting coveted ADRs still available with freed dining being offered. Who knows? All I know is our (the people posting here) FPs and ADRs and special events are in place. The combination of where Labor Day and Rosh Hashanah falls? 9/11? Hurricane fear (cross fingers)? Crappy economy? Too early in school year?

Hoping for the best. So very grateful in this moment to be going with my DD and her DH.

I feel the same way - despite the fact Disney can up the ante on what they will offer to fill the resorts - FP was super easy (did I say that out loud?) and people are reporting coveted ADRs still available with freed dining being offered. Who knows? All I know is our (the people posting here) FPs and ADRs and special events are in place. The combination of where Labor Day and Rosh Hashanah falls? 9/11? Hurricane fear (cross fingers)? Crappy economy? Too early in school year?

Hoping for the best. So very grateful in this moment to be going with my DD and her DH.
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but IIRC when I booked my trip for 9/9-9/16 last year, I booked back in early May and ended up waffling around for long enough that all the room discounts at POFQ were gone.

This year, I booked in mid June (over a month later) for the same week (9/8-9/15 this year, technically, but still a Sat-Sat booking for the week following Labor Day) and didn't have any trouble getting in on the fall room discount offer-- and there are actually still POFQ rooms available at the discounted rates, now, in early July.

Between that and that four-day package deal for the week before that was floating around a couple weeks ago, it looks like Disney's having to push to bring up attendance in early September this year. Maybe hurricane anxiety's keeping people from booking during that period?

Just my thoughts on the Crowd Calendar ....... Disney World is always busy and crowd calendars are based on historic data, school calendars, holidays etc. They are all on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most crowded. No one is going to change the 1-10 scale by adding 11, 12 etc. I believe they just readjusted the scale. What used to be a 5 is now a 3. A 10 is now a 7 and so on. I really hope I am wrong but I do believe this is what's happening.

Just my thoughts on the Crowd Calendar ....... Disney World is always busy and crowd calendars are based on historic data, school calendars, holidays etc. They are all on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most crowded. No one is going to change the 1-10 scale by adding 11, 12 etc. I believe they just readjusted the scale. What used to be a 5 is now a 3. A 10 is now a 7 and so on. I really hope I am wrong but I do believe this is what's happening.

Could be - also taking into consideration the availability of ADRs and FPs plus the discounts being offered - 3 signs that I thought the Crowd Calendar change just underscored.

If they were adjusting their scale, they would've mentioned it in their post about the changes to the crowd calendar.

Specifically:

TouringPlans Blog said:
The increase in Disney hotel promotions suggests that reservations are down. We believe that some people are delaying their trips and waiting until Galaxy’s Edge (the Star Wars land at Hollywood Studios) opens in late 2019. The fall has a few days where Magic Kingdom crowd levels dropped 4 or 5 points. These are days where the park closes early due to a holiday or private party.

I checked to see what resorts were available with a discount during our trip dates of 9/19 to 9/23 and there was a lot of discounts still available. That leads me to believe that crowds might be low after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter