The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

This may be unpopular opinion but primo priatto is hit or miss for us. Also, Topolinos breakfast is LACKING any egg allergy friendly options. This didn’t deter us from buying RIV but come on no allergy friendly Mickey waffles?! We always love Centertown Market however. We just hop on the skyliner and eat over there.

We're splurging & staying in a Grand Villa, starting on 7/6. :)

Anything we should know about other than its a beautiful place & we should count our lucky stars?!

It does have a Keurig right?

We usually stay at the Boardwalk - but no room at the inn this year! :)
We stayed in a GV last December. They are beautiful. And huge! There's like 3 balconies overlooking pretty much everything on the preferred side.

Yes, they have a Keurig. My mom used it daily.

What was the upcharge amount for a fixed week?

153 points is what is cost to have a fixed week locked in prior to 11 months. That week, if using non fixed points, is regularly (I believe around 146). I like the fact that for sure, we will always have that week but I think at least in the short term, we will rarely use that full week and will have 153 points to use at anytime. Could also use 146 points on the same week and have some leftover if I book the week after opting out of the fixed week (as long as the same room is available at 11 months).

We stayed in a GV last December. They are beautiful. And huge! There's like 3 balconies overlooking pretty much everything on the preferred side.
I realize that the unit on our deed doesn't really matter, but I get a kick out of locating the actual unit we own a piece of.

I discovered that the unit on our Riviera deed is a 6th floor GV (room 8690). We'll have to bank AND borrow to stay in a GV, but hope to do so at some point in the next few years!

Primo Piatto is a wonderful place to eat especially if you order your food at the counter or the register @ the Grab and Go area. When you order from there, they will give you a number for your table, and they will bring your food on a beautiful plate with nice silverware and cloth napkin. If you use Mobile order, they will have your food ready in a bag and you'll eat it out of a box with plastic utensils. :)
Are they doing that again? I know they stopped during the pandemic and a year or so ago started at least bringing the food to your table (in paper plates and with plastic utensils) but are they using real dishes and silverware and napkins again?

Are they doing that again? I know they stopped during the pandemic and a year or so ago started at least bringing the food to your table (in paper plates and with plastic utensils) but are they using real dishes and silverware and napkins again?
Yes they are, unless you mobile order. 😊

Grand Villa availability question:

I plan on banking our 2023 points to spend a week in a Grand Villa Xmas Holliday 2024. We would probably do Dec 26th to Jan 2nd or Dec 27th to Jan 3rd.

My question is: am I going to have to “walk” the reservation due to the time of year or should I be ok 11 months out?

I plan on banking our 2023 points to spend a week in a Grand Villa Xmas Holliday 2024. We would probably do Dec 26th to Jan 2nd or Dec 27th to Jan 3rd.

My question is: am I going to have to “walk” the reservation due to the time of year or should I be ok 11 months out?
Anything with static dates you always walk IMO

This may be unpopular opinion but primo priatto is hit or miss for us. Also, Topolinos breakfast is LACKING any egg allergy friendly options. This didn’t deter us from buying RIV but come on no allergy friendly Mickey waffles?! We always love Centertown Market however. We just hop on the skyliner and eat over there.
Topolino's has egg allergy friendly waffles. My son has an egg allergy and he was served a giant allergy friendly Mickey waffle. He was also given a basket of allergy friendly cookies in lieu of the pastry basket. They will definitely accommodate for egg allergies.

Topolino's has egg allergy friendly waffles. My son has an egg allergy and he was served a giant allergy friendly Mickey waffle. He was also given a basket of allergy friendly cookies in lieu of the pastry basket. They will definitely accommodate for egg allergies.
Ahem, giant Topolino Waffle you mean! ;-)

The waffle must be new because it was absolutely not offered to us at our last stay (February 2023). I would be elated if it is now! We received the same egg allergy basket which was great. Will mention that Ohana breakfast is our favorite for egg allergy. WAY more food options! Thanks for letting me know about the waffle!

The waffle must be new because it was absolutely not offered to us at our last stay (February 2023). I would be elated if it is now! We received the same egg allergy basket which was great. Will mention that Ohana breakfast is our favorite for egg allergy. WAY more food options! Thanks for letting me know about the waffle!
We got it last year. So definitely before your experience. We have a reservation there next month. I’ll report back on whether we are able to get the waffle again.

We had a GV in early December of 2022 (so slightly different week as far as demand). We didn't walk and had no problem booking at 11 months. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter