***The Official May 2016 Thread!!***

Can't wait to book fastpasses this thursday night! I'm on the West Coast so I don't have to stay up all night!

60 days out! Fastpasses booked - we got 7DMT twice, and I've never been on, so I'm very excited! :tigger:Now just keeping my eyes peeled for those Rivers of Light fastpasses, and fingers crossed for at least one of the following: 1) new - or old, I'm not choosy! - Star Wars fireworks in Hollywood Studios, 2) Frozen ride in Epcot, or 3) new Soarin' (this seems least likely). We have so much to look forward to - just being at WDW for over a week is exciting enough - but our new experiences will be 7DMT, Epcot Flower and Garden Festival (can't wait to try the food kiosks!), more Star Wars at DHS, Frozen Sing-A-Long, Disney Springs, and for me, Typhoon Lagoon (it was down for refurb last time I was there), and a few restaurants that are new to me, mixed in with old favorites. So, even if the new things don't open in time (we are there right before Memorial day), lots of fun new experiences ahead!

Wishing everyone pixie dust! :tink:

60 days out! Fastpasses booked - we got 7DMT twice, and I've never been on, so I'm very excited! :tigger:Now just keeping my eyes peeled for those Rivers of Light fastpasses, and fingers crossed for at least one of the following: 1) new - or old, I'm not choosy! - Star Wars fireworks in Hollywood Studios, 2) Frozen ride in Epcot, or 3) new Soarin' (this seems least likely). We have so much to look forward to - just being at WDW for over a week is exciting enough - but our new experiences will be 7DMT, Epcot Flower and Garden Festival (can't wait to try the food kiosks!), more Star Wars at DHS, Frozen Sing-A-Long, Disney Springs, and for me, Typhoon Lagoon (it was down for refurb last time I was there), and a few restaurants that are new to me, mixed in with old favorites. So, even if the new things don't open in time (we are there right before Memorial day), lots of fun new experiences ahead!

Wishing everyone pixie dust! :tink:

It is frustrating to not know when new things will start! I agree! Lots of fun things to look forward to .... especially if we have a chance to do them in May!

Last edited:
Got my fastpasses done! Got everything we wanted :D

I'm kind of glad we decided not to do AK this trip just because of all the drama though! Hoping that ROL calms down for my potential February trip, but if not I'll definitely get to it May 2017 :D

We will be staying at POP! from 5/8-5/15 ... My mom & dad (celebrating their 49th anniversary), My brother, Myself (celebrating my 48th birthday), my 22 y/o daughter and my 24 y/o daughter (celebrating her college graduation)! We're so excited!!

So excited that we will be staying at AOA Ling King Suite May 21 - May 24 to celebrate my 40th birthday:bday:! My sisters/besties surprised me with the trip this past Saturday. They were going to wait until my actual birthday, a week before the trip, but were afraid I would log into my MDE and see the trip information before they had a chance to surprise me! ADRs were made Monday night and we are 58 days out!!!!party:

Hope this is fine to ask... Edit: Forgot to add date lol -- Wednesday, May 4th!

If there is anyone interested in a 10:45 am 7DMT FP+ for a party of three, I need two FP+ for Main Street Electrical Parade! I have two already four our party of 4.

My MIL decided to stay through the week with us instead of leaving early, so trying to rearrange FP+ and dining.

I'm glad BTMRR refurb is pushed back, so all we'll really miss is Soarin.... I highly doubt I'll be able to get frozen ever after and I think actually by the most current date I saw, we will miss it by a day or 2 most likely.

I really need to get serious about my plan since we are doing waterpark & more option. I'm thinking about going to those on AK and/or HS days, in the morning, eat lunch & let the littles get a nap then hitting parks in the afternoon, with the hope of being able to make it to rivers of light & whichever fireworks HS is doing.... Hmmmm..... (As in, my kids making it that late.)

I'm also now second guessing my touring plan. I made plans on touring plans, but now I'm worried it will be too strict and maybe we should go with the flow a little more. I don't want to drag kids around if they want to do other things in the moment.

I am soooo excited!!! We have only been to WDW twice...once in 2003 and then again in 2004 (where my son and I ended up with a stomach virus :( ) And we haven't been able to go back since then. But as of yesterday, we are now booked for a trip May 10-17 at POFQ!!! I am so happy!!! :lovestruc :dogdance:

We booked a last minute trip for the first weekend in May. We are just going for two days and only to the Magic Kingdom. This will be our son's first trip (2yo) and the first time my husband and I have been together. He hasn't been since high school and I haven't been since middle school!

I haven't seen it posted anywhere here but there is a big event at ESPN May 7-14 with Prince Harry called the Leviticus games(SP?). lots of people during this time frame using Disney transportation. Just FYI.

I haven't seen it posted anywhere here but there is a big event at ESPN May 7-14 with Prince Harry called the Leviticus games(SP?). lots of people during this time frame using Disney transportation. Just FYI.

Looks like spectators are given special room rates at Coronado and All Stars, similar to a Pop Warner event...

I don't see anyone visiting or participating in the events being a pain like a PW kid and their families! There are only 500 competitors and the events are across the week- 9th to 12th.

http://invictusgames2016.org/invictus-games-2016-schedule/

Thought I'd already posted in here, guess not.

We fly out on the 8th for a week, really looking forward to stepping off that plane and having a blast of heat hit me in the face. Also cannot wait to visit the F&G festival. Soarin is closed so that means DH can't try and shoe horn me onto that, things are all good ;)

It's called The Invictus Games (https://invictusgamesfoundation.org/) and it is an Olympic type competition founded by Prince Harry to honor and empower service men and women who've made great sacrifices in their physical well being to defend the rest of us.
We'll be at CSR during the latter part of the Games and the Disney transportation is the least of my concerns since virtually all of the Competitors and their entourage, will be engaged in the events at ESPN.
My concern is how Security will affect our stay since Prince Harry, Mrs. Obama, and Mrs. Biden have all committed to attending the games and Former President George W Bush, as Honorary Chairman of the Games, may attend as well.

It's called The Invictus Games (https://invictusgamesfoundation.org/) and it is an Olympic type competition founded by Prince Harry to honor and empower service men and women who've made great sacrifices in their physical well being to defend the rest of us.
We'll be at CSR during the latter part of the Games and the Disney transportation is the least of my concerns since virtually all of the Competitors and their entourage, will be engaged in the events at ESPN.
My concern is how Security will affect our stay since Prince Harry, Mrs. Obama, and Mrs. Biden have all committed to attending the games and Former President George W Bush, as Honorary Chairman of the Games, may attend as well.

I don't suppose the VIPs will be staying onsite anywhere. We'll see cavalcades of cars up and down World Drive and the I4, going offsite.

I don't suppose the VIPs will be staying onsite anywhere. We'll see cavalcades of cars up and down World Drive and the I4, going offsite.
I agree with the cavalcades of cars but I was told by a WDW Manager some years ago that the suite in the castle is kept ready for any V-VIPS that show up.
Which makes sense since it is accessed through the Utilidors and not the main stage area above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter