***The Official May 2016 Thread!!***

Just changed our June 2016 trip to a May 2016 trip and today is the 180 day mark. Frantically booking dining NOW

:badpc::badpc:
Us too! I don't know what everyone has been moaning about :p

Our issue is because I booked them separately over the phone they're not showing on our MDE :(

I think MDE is having problems this evening. I was just looking at our reservations online and it is showing that we have paid $200 on our reservation but have not paid our deposit. :badpc:

Booked a stay with my Mom for May 2-7, 2016. Have an ADR at Be our Guest for Lunch on the third in case Mom wants to do Be our guest. Not doing character ADR's or the biggest named signatures, so not worrying about ADR's until January.

Just wanted to check back in with this thread. Life has been crazy busy and I haven't been on the boards much. Only 164 more days till our trip :cool1:We decided to stick with our original dates since May 2016 still works out to be the best time for us after going back and forth about things including whether to possibly push the trip dates back a bit. In spite of the glitches I also experienced with the dining reservations website and the MDE app, I was still able to get the ADRs we wanted and I also called and reserved the Pirates League for DD8 and DS6. We are still planning on a split stay by starting out at Pop Century in two rooms for three nights then offsite in a Windsor Hills condo for five nights for the space and since we plan on spending a couple days doing other central FL area attractions in addition to our Disney park days. :sunny:

Last edited:

:badpc::badpc:

I think MDE is having problems this evening. I was just looking at our reservations online and it is showing that we have paid $200 on our reservation but have not paid our deposit. :badpc:

Oh that's annoying! I'm not sure what's going on with ours, I'll get the bf to call I think. As the one booking I managed to make through the site is there. Bizarre. Wish they would streamline it!

Hi everyone! Just moved our stay from March to May 28 - June 4. The flights were just too high during the week of March, so we moved to May. When I first started this journey I was booked for Dec and I've had to change 3 times, so hopefully this will be the last time. I'm taking my DGD on her first trip to Disney.

Hello everyone! We have gone back and forth on dates, but have officially booked our trip to celebrate DH's military retirement for May 6-9. We are splurging since it's a shorter trip, and because of the occasion, and we are staying in a TPV club level room at Contemporary. I am so excited!

We have ADR's for Cape May (which is DH's favorite), Crystal Palace breakfast (our tradition), 1900 Park Fare (we've been wanting to try this) and Chef Mickey (meh, the kids like it) Might add on lunch at Tutto Italia too, we'll see.

Hello everyone! We have gone back and forth on dates, but have officially booked our trip to celebrate DH's military retirement for May 6-9. We are splurging since it's a shorter trip, and because of the occasion, and we are staying in a TPV club level room at Contemporary. I am so excited!

We have ADR's for Cape May (which is DH's favorite), Crystal Palace breakfast (our tradition), 1900 Park Fare (we've been wanting to try this) and Chef Mickey (meh, the kids like it) Might add on lunch at Tutto Italia too, we'll see.
You will LOVE Park Fare!! Thank you to your husband for his service - what an amazing trip you have planned to celebrate!!

I made my dining reservations today finally.... I got BOG lunch, Chef Mickeys breakfast, Teppan Edo dinner and 50's Prime lunch. The rest we will eat QS, and will hopefully eat MOST breakfast in our condo. Or in the van on the way to the parks. Lol

Some of the QS I'm wanting to try is Pinnochio Village Haus, Friars Nook, Sleepy Hollow, Pizza Planet, San Angel Inn (that's the QS one right? Brain fart lol)....oh and yak & yeti.

And I'm also hoping to make it to Beaches & Cream for the kitchen sink. And also get the mini sinks- they have those are at the Plaza ice cream parlor right?

Also, has anyone used tickets at work? I'm planning to purchase through there- my MIL is the one that actually gets access, and from what I understand, she won't need to be present when we go? I have her Log In info, it looks like as long as you're logged in, you can put in any name & billing info, and can choose email tickets or mail or pick up there. I want them mailed to me. So obviously once I have the ticket number, I can just link it to MDE for our bands from this year, and there shouldn't be an issue? Right?

I made my dining reservations today finally.... I got BOG lunch, Chef Mickeys breakfast, Teppan Edo dinner and 50's Prime lunch. The rest we will eat QS, and will hopefully eat MOST breakfast in our condo. Or in the van on the way to the parks. Lol

Some of the QS I'm wanting to try is Pinnochio Village Haus, Friars Nook, Sleepy Hollow, Pizza Planet, San Angel Inn (that's the QS one right? Brain fart lol)....oh and yak & yeti.

And I'm also hoping to make it to Beaches & Cream for the kitchen sink. And also get the mini sinks- they have those are at the Plaza ice cream parlor right?
You can get the mini sink at the Plaza OR the walk up window at B&C. Enjoy!!! :)

We're going from the 22nd to the 27th of May and staying at Port Orleans Riverside - two royal rooms. My family (husband, daughter, stepson, toddler son) and my mom. Very, very excited!! I hope it won't be too crowded then.

Planning our first family vacation for May 4-10 at the Cabins in FT Wilderness. DD's 4th Birthday with grandparents. We are surprising her.
Made ADR for CRT Breakfast + Date night with my husband at Le Cellier.

I haven't been to WDW since i was maybe 10 or 11. But we used to live in So Cal, so we've been to DL several times. I also went to DLParis about 15 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter