The Official May 2015 Thread!!

Hi there!
Looks like we will be joining you guys!
The plans are still in the works, but I think it's going to be May 21- Jun 1. My daughter and I will go down first for a little mother/daughter time to celebrate her upcoming double digits birthday! Then my husband and son will join us for a few park days. Then we are going on our very first cruise on May 29! We hope that the 24hr party will fall in our dates if it happens again, and to get a day at Star Wars weekends. We don't know where we are stayin yet but are considering a split stay of it makes sense with promotions and dates.
Is there a fb group for this month? Thanks!

.....there IS a May 2015 thread!! :banana:

So here's me: (just booked last week!)

May 8-12 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort

Romantic getaway for me and the hubbs. :love:

I'm going to try to get us to wdw for SWW. We just had to cancel our Nov trip so I pray May works out. Happy to join y'all. We haven't booked yet but right now dates are May 15 - 21 at ASMo. I asked to join the FB group too.

We are booked for May 27-June 2 at the CR. This will be DD's first trip to WDW. :banana:

Our last trip was in 2009. Much has changed since then. I am trying to figure out this whole FP+ system.

Woohoo

Am starting my planning for our May trip. We plan on staying at POR Riverside and my daughter wants the Royal Guest Room again. I like the location and the trip is for her birthday :-)

Last year I booked using a PIN nbr - I wonder if I will get again?? If not will book soon and then adjust once the discounts come out. Hopefully the discounts won't rule out POR...that could be sticky!

Any previous experience/advice involving discounts instead of PINs would be great!

And maybe I will still get a PIN??!!??

So happy to be back on the boards and planning again!:banana::woohoo::yay:

What are the usual Discounts for May and when do they get released? :confused3

Usually it is a room discount, and in recent years they have been released early in the new year (sometimes Jan., sometimes not til early Feb.). This page has some info on the historical discounts for WDW:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

The left column has the "stay dates," then the center has what the discount is, and finally over on the right are the dates when these were released. They have 2011 through this year.

I have not booked yet but I am thinking of changing from All Star to AOA LM room. My daughters LOVE Ariel, Does anyone know if it is a far walk to the buses? I am not worried about the walk there just the walk back to the hotel room after a long day :)

We are no longer booked for May because we moved our trip to February. You all have a great time in May!

I have not booked yet but I am thinking of changing from All Star to AOA LM room. My daughters LOVE Ariel, Does anyone know if it is a far walk to the buses? I am not worried about the walk there just the walk back to the hotel room after a long day :)

I've heard varying information on this topic. I believe it's around a 5-6 minute walk back to the LM section from the main bus station. Which I guess is certainly a lot when you've been on your feet all day, esp with children too! I have then heard others say that it's not too bad, so I guess it depends on your family and if it'd be too much after a busy day or not.

I love the LM and I know my DD would love to be in that section next year, but she'll only be 3, so we've opted for a Cars suite, as its a bit closer to central and she does also love Lightening! :goodvibes Which All Star are you booked in? Sports is my usual home!

Trying to make this trip as budget friendly as possible and have it all paid off well before the actual trip. Already bought 5 day WDW tix from UndercoverTourist.com with some inherited $$. Just found a great price on a condo at Windsor Hills for the week of May 16-23rd. We'll be celebrating 21 years of marriage and our daughter's 13th b-day! So excited to have a trip to plan for! :cool1:

Cathy
Prior trips:
Jan 2008 All-Star Music
Jan 2009 Pop
Jan 2010, May 2011, Oct 2012 & Dec 2013 Windsor Hills Townhouse (We love WH!!) (vacationcentralflorida.com)

I've heard varying information on this topic. I believe it's around a 5-6 minute walk back to the LM section from the main bus station. Which I guess is certainly a lot when you've been on your feet all day, esp with children too! I have then heard others say that it's not too bad, so I guess it depends on your family and if it'd be too much after a busy day or not.

I love the LM and I know my DD would love to be in that section next year, but she'll only be 3, so we've opted for a Cars suite, as its a bit closer to central and she does also love Lightening! :goodvibes Which All Star are you booked in? Sports is my usual home!

We usually do All Star Music But was maybe thinking All Star Movies Preferred. I am thinking that might be a better thing to do since one it is cheaper and 2 it is really close to the front! :)

So I was looking at touring plans and they have the week I am going which is the first saturday in may to the second saturday in may, high crowds at a 7. Is this true? Are the crowds going to be horrible and very crowded. Those of you that have gone last year how was it?

So I was looking at touring plans and they have the week I am going which is the first saturday in may to the second saturday in may, high crowds at a 7. Is this true? Are the crowds going to be horrible and very crowded. Those of you that have gone last year how was it?

Not in my experience. Have been there first few weeks of May the past 3 years & it has been nice. The crowd numbers I had from last years trips (as supplied by easyWDW) were in the 4,5,6 range. 90% 5s, with a 7 for SWW. Which seemed about right to me. Using the FP+s right we never waited more than 20 minutes for anything.

It's the back part of May with Presidents Day (??) you need to worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter