• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

So after five blissful trips during the April / May window when school was in session and I was Bad Mom who pulled her son out just to go to Disney! :stitch2:, we'll be at the YC from June 3 - June 10. Not going to lie, I'm nervous about the crowd situation. I've got the whole planning thing down pat, already know which rides we're going to FP+, the 11 year old DS is prepared to wait more than we have in the past, but throw in Pandora opening the week before (THANKS FOR NOTHING, BOB!!! :darth:), and I'm really wondering how much of a shock it's going to be.

Yes, we're still doing AK. We're going that Monday for EMH (we LOVE KS first thing in the morning!), I've got ROL dining at Tusker House for lunch, and we're planning to hit our old favorites right off the bat while everyone heads to Pandora, then use as many FP+s as are allowed for the new stuff later in the day. We've never spent an entire day at AK, but I'm thinking if we need a break we'll hop on a bus to go explore AKL and hang around in the air conditioning for a couple of hours.

All that is to say, if there are any June Travel veterans, I'd love your input on what to expect!!!

PS We're from Texas. We understand heat and humidity. Not worried about that part, at least. :earsboy:

I weirdly had to switch from 2 people to 3 people to get Crystal Palace to show up before 8:45. Same with Garden Grill!
I just tried that trick with Garden Grill and the time I REALLY wanted showed up! So are there consequences to booking a phantom guest, or do I just go back online later and change it back to 2 guests from 3?

I just tried that trick with Garden Grill and the time I REALLY wanted showed up! So are there consequences to booking a phantom guest, or do I just go back online later and change it back to 2 guests from 3?

Not at all, just leave it as-is. As long as someone shows up you're golden. I'm sure people in larger groups make last minute changes all the time. Just be sure when you check in that you say there's only 2 so they don't wait for your phantom :p Also, enjoy! I'm not sure if it's breakfast or lunch/dinner, but that's one of our favorites.

Not at all, just leave it as-is. As long as someone shows up you're golden. I'm sure people in larger groups make last minute changes all the time. Just be sure when you check in that you say there's only 2 so they don't wait for your phantom :p Also, enjoy! I'm not sure if it's breakfast or lunch/dinner, but that's one of our favorites.
EXCELLENT news. I'm going to have to try that with a couple of my reservations.

We had lunch there last year and absolutely fell in LOVE. Definitely a new favorite, not only for that incredibly yummy food (I could eat that salad all day), but Chip! Dale! Pluto! Mickey! So awesome!!!! :mickeyjum

I just posted on the Dining Reservation Thread that I have a Sci Fi Dine In for 3 at 11:10 am on June 3 if any one wants it! For some reason this reservation has been hard to get (I switched days and FINALLY got a new reservation!) so I want to give it to someone here if they want! It is crazy that I was able to score an 8 am CRT easier than a Sci Fi!

I am so happy to be back in the Disboards. It has been three years to long! We just purchased out plane tickets for June 17-24th. I cannot tell you how excited I am to be going back. I have gone as a child at least once a year. This will be my families second time. Only now we have a one year old son as well. So things are a little more interesting this year. However my grandparents are coming along and are going to help. I cannot wait!!!!!!:P

All that is to say, if there are any June Travel veterans, I'd love your input on what to expect!!!

PS We're from Texas. We understand heat and humidity. Not worried about that part, at least. :earsboy:
We went last year in June and it was fairly crowded in my personal opinion. I've been about 15 times...mostly in September or beginning of December, but my most recent before last year was July. The beginning of June was not as crowded as July but the best plan, if you can swing it, is rope drop, midday break, then back for later night touring. The middle of the day can be brutal (crowd and weather wise), and while I am not from TX, I live in GA so I am used to humidity but it was rough this past summer. So if you don't want to do breaks, find some inside attractions or have a long TS meal.

I am pretty nervous about the heat. We are from AZ, so our summers consist of temps above 110 pretty regularly- but it is a dry heat. It just feels like you on the surface of the sun and honestly we don't go outside much in the summer after 10 AM. We are planning to tour rope drop through dinner most days as my kids have an early bedtime we try not to deviate from too much. I am hoping having TS dining and shows planned mid day helps and makes it bearable.

We are from AZ, so our summers consist of temps above 110 pretty regularly- but it is a dry heat. It just feels like you on the surface of the sun and honestly we don't go outside much in the summer after 10 AM.
Yes, here in GA, we don't go out much in summer unless it is first thing in the morning or after the sun has mostly gone down (b/c its 9pm sometimes when it finally goes). I remember when I used to take my oldest on a walk when he was a baby and we had to do it by like 7/7:30 or it would just be too humid.

At Disney last year, I just poured sweat and that isn't a normal thing for me. I was so glad I bought enough clothes for two sets a day.

We went last year in June and it was fairly crowded in my personal opinion. I've been about 15 times...mostly in September or beginning of December, but my most recent before last year was July. The beginning of June was not as crowded as July but the best plan, if you can swing it, is rope drop, midday break, then back for later night touring. The middle of the day can be brutal (crowd and weather wise), and while I am not from TX, I live in GA so I am used to humidity but it was rough this past summer. So if you don't want to do breaks, find some inside attractions or have a long TS meal.
We go in the summer (June or July) because I am a teacher. Beginning of June is less crowded than July. I didn't notice much of a difference in temperature...hot and humid as can be! We always do mainly air conditioned attractions mid day or fastpass attractions. We have taken mid-day breaks, but my girls can't hang until park closing most nights. Both ways have worked for my family.

On the topic of heat and humidity, I'm thinking of wearing loose tunics/tops and dresses with cropped leggings. I found a few on amazon that I really like, they aren't cotton but they feel very lightweight and compared to Luluroe (never tried that brand). Does anyone see this as being a bad plan? I'm plus size and honestly trying to find shorts and cargo capris that fit correctly is a total nightmare. I'm not worried about the lack of pockets as I carry a crossbody purse anyway.

On the topic of heat and humidity, I'm thinking of wearing loose tunics/tops and dresses with cropped leggings. I found a few on amazon that I really like, they aren't cotton but they feel very lightweight and compared to Luluroe (never tried that brand). Does anyone see this as being a bad plan? I'm plus size and honestly trying to find shorts and cargo capris that fit correctly is a total nightmare. I'm not worried about the lack of pockets as I carry a crossbody purse anyway.
Speaking as one who lives in that kind of weather 6 months out of the year (THANKS, HOUSTON), I think it's a really good plan, as long as the fabric is breathable. Stick to lighter colors as they don't absorb heat as much.

I gained quite a bit of weight from a recent thyroid and brain condition over the past 4 years, so my last 2 trips to WDW I've worn exactly these types of outfits and they work awesome for me! I do much better with leggings and flowy tops/tunics/long loose tanks than anything else. :thumbsup2

We go in the summer (June or July) because I am a teacher. Beginning of June is less crowded than July. I didn't notice much of a difference in temperature...hot and humid as can be! We always do mainly air conditioned attractions mid day or fastpass attractions. We have taken mid-day breaks, but my girls can't hang until park closing most nights. Both ways have worked for my family.
Teacher here, as well!

I do the longer length dri-fit skorts. I got mine from Academy.

Absolutely! It was these, in the plus size selection
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7J6KQY/

The two that I've ordered so far fit very well and seem pretty cute.
I have ordered VIV Collection leggings before. They are the exact same material as LuLaRoe, so very good quality. But that would probably still be too much for me. Besides the skorts, I have one regular flowy skirt that I bring and I have a pair of dri fit bike shorts to wear underneath.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter