**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

There is one...Disney June 2017.

Thanks for posting this, I had been looking for a facebook group! We changed our plans a bit. We are now offsite from May 28-June 4, then staying at Pop June 4-7. We actually managed to work in a universal day (just IOA). This is our first time visiting the "other" park, so if anyone has any tips, that'd be great! :)

Darn you annual pass! Lol! Just booked 6/2-6/7 for me and my DD who will be 12 and my other DD who will be a few days shy of 7! I took my DS for his 10th birthday in December and bought an AP because we are going the last week of November into December so decided why not take advantage and do a long weekend with the girls! My DH just laughs! How can you pass up $108 a night at ASMu?!? Just need to book flights which will be more than the room and tickets!

Thanks for posting this, I had been looking for a facebook group! We changed our plans a bit. We are now offsite from May 28-June 4, then staying at Pop June 4-7. We actually managed to work in a universal day (just IOA). This is our first time visiting the "other" park, so if anyone has any tips, that'd be great! :)

I wanted to do this, but it is so pricey to add on one day there for our family of 5 :/

We will be returning home - this time for our youngest one's first visit - from June 3-9! We will be staying for our first time at POP. Our youngest will be 2 and I can't wait to see her eyes light up for her first visit just like I got to experience with the older two!

My group will be coming June 8th - 18th at AOA. We will have Me, DW, DS7, DD4, my MIL and her boyfriend. Anyone know anything about Hollywood and Vine yet? I know breakfasts are open, but nothing seems to be.

Rambling update on our trip plans (6/6 - 6/20)

ADRs were completed in December and I got everything I wanted. No more than 1 ADR a day since we mainly eat CS meals. So, now I'm getting a draft plan for when our FP+ window opens. Only have one AK day planned unless by some miracle Pandora and/or ROL opens during our stay (not counting on it but I can dream, right? After all we did get to experience a soft-opening of the short-lived Jungle Book show and 11pm closing at AK last May).

I'm also counting down to booking our flights. On the lookout for Southwest flash sales.

I did momentarily consider the Summer QS meal offer, but after crunching numbers, it doesn't really save us any money over staying at FW campsite so we're still camping. (If it had been the full QS dining offer I might have switched to an All-Star room). Plus the campground still allows space for us to add more people to the reservation last minute.

Anyway...just getting really excited as we get closer to the 100 day mark. :) Picking up more camping gear as I stumble across it. Weather here at home is already feeling very much like spring (high of 78 today), so it really makes me wish June was here already!

Rambling update on our trip plans (6/6 - 6/20)

ADRs were completed in December and I got everything I wanted. No more than 1 ADR a day since we mainly eat CS meals. So, now I'm getting a draft plan for when our FP+ window opens. Only have one AK day planned unless by some miracle Pandora and/or ROL opens during our stay (not counting on it but I can dream, right? After all we did get to experience a soft-opening of the short-lived Jungle Book show and 11pm closing at AK last May).

I'm also counting down to booking our flights. On the lookout for Southwest flash sales.

I did momentarily consider the Summer QS meal offer, but after crunching numbers, it doesn't really save us any money over staying at FW campsite so we're still camping. (If it had been the full QS dining offer I might have switched to an All-Star room). Plus the campground still allows space for us to add more people to the reservation last minute.

Anyway...just getting really excited as we get closer to the 100 day mark. :) Picking up more camping gear as I stumble across it. Weather here at home is already feeling very much like spring (high of 78 today), so it really makes me wish June was here already!
I am a little worried about Pandora opening. It would be great to experience it but I don't have room in our schedule to add another AK night (hopefully they will stay open late if they do) and the crowds! I toyed with changing my AK day to a Friday or Saturday for other reasons but then I thought there might be lots of locals that hit AK if Pandora does indeed open, so I left it on a Thursday.

Darn you annual pass! Lol! Just booked 6/2-6/7 for me and my DD who will be 12 and my other DD who will be a few days shy of 7! I took my DS for his 10th birthday in December and bought an AP because we are going the last week of November into December so decided why not take advantage and do a long weekend with the girls! My DH just laughs! How can you pass up $108 a night at ASMu?!? Just need to book flights which will be more than the room and tickets!
OMG that is me too! We bought our AP in Nov when we went since we knew we would be going again this coming Oct. Well we have decided to surprise my oldest DS when we pick him up on the last day of school with a road trip to Disney. Just joining this thread now!

Hi just joining this group. We just decided to do a road trip down to Disney to surprise my son after his last day of school!!! Super excited. We are staying MOD this time at POFQ which we just love. This is going to be very relax. Pool days, maybe a day at the waterpark, shopping whatever. We have AP's so we can come and go as we want in the Park. Excited to plan with you all :)

My group will be coming June 8th - 18th at AOA. We will have Me, DW, DS7, DD4, my MIL and her boyfriend. Anyone know anything about Hollywood and Vine yet? I know breakfasts are open, but nothing seems to be.
I have been patiently waiting for reservations to open up for Hollywood and Vine too! I checked again and still nothing this morning! Hopefully it will open up soon!

Can anyone speculate on what time we think DAK will be closing during June? I'm there 12-23, and wondering if it will close late with the possible opening of Pandora and night time Safari. Also, odd question, but typically what time does the boneyard close? I see it usually opens an hour after park opens, but what time does it close? An hour before park closing?

Got my U2 tickets!!! We are in total nosebleed section and I am not sure if we will even be able to see anything but I don't care! Also found great return airfare from FLL on Jetblue. Never flown them but heard ok things so for the price I am happy. Now, just have to get Southwest to have a sale on our flights to Orlando. Everything is coming together and it's getting more real.

I'm so excited for you! I saw them on the Vertigo tour, we had literally the LAST seats at the Hartford Civic Center, like up against cement walls and it was STILL one of the best shows I've ever seen.. I mean its friggin BONO & The Edge!!! Have a blast!!!

Coming to Disney June 19th-30th!!!

19th&20th Pop - With the Friends:drinking1
21st-24th AKKV

25th-30th VWL - With the Family:dogdance:

Can anyone speculate on what time we think DAK will be closing during June? I'm there 12-23, and wondering if it will close late with the possible opening of Pandora and night time Safari. Also, odd question, but typically what time does the boneyard close? I see it usually opens an hour after park opens, but what time does it close? An hour before park closing?
It was 11pm last year, I believe. At least the first week. I think The Boneyard was open really late because we stayed late and I had to rush my kids by it so they wouldn't want to stop and play.

Hiya quiet people! How's everyone's plans coming along? Mine are fairly fleshed-out, but the wait is *KILLING* me... make it June already!!!

I have packing lists and shopping lists and daily itineraries (nothing as advanced as a touring plan, but where we'll be on what days, what time we'll need to leave the condo to be where we want, when we want), and meals planned out--either "we'll eat at X restaurant spending an estimated Y dollars', or (kinda themed because I'm a nerd) breakfast and lunches at the condo. I can't tell you what's for lunch tomorrow or dinner Monday, but I can tell you that exactly 5 months from now, on June 27th, we'll be having "Hagrid's Porridge (oatmeal) or "Thestral Chow" (shredded wheat)" for breakfast (just coming off a 2-day Universal Harry Potter bender, we'll need something "light" after 2 days of heavy food), salad somewhere inexpensive in town for lunch (same reason) and then dessert at T-Rex and dinner at the DS food trucks... In that order!

Waiting and waiting is giving me too much time to get into trouble planning, editing, and messing with all the details. Seriously, I need an intervention. I've renamed my savings accounts things like "mouse food" and "margarita fund" to hold those parts of the budget. I have a list of special themed clothes by park day (and, because I'm crazy, I'll be attempting to make most of the t-shirts using the Cricut I bought for Christmas for that very reason.) I have a handmade, keychain-sized niffler on it's way from Malaysia (Etsy is the devil) for a headband idea I have... I repeat, I need an intervention and/or a time-turner to speed this waiting up. (Am I making too many HP references on a Disney board?)

Yesterday, after reading some comment about how the resorts used to have "colorfully packaged mickey soaps," guess what I was researching to buy for our condo? Yep. Did you know Disney Store Online sells a bunch of the different shampoos and stuff they use as resort amenities? You do now. And Etsy is awash with every kind of Mickey Soap you could wish for... I haven't actually bought those yet, but I probably will before we go.

I'm borrrrrredddd!!! Make it time to go, already!!!!

(or if not, tell me some of your "personal touches" you're planning for YOUR trip, so that I may steal them...)

I hear you! I am very impatiently waiting for June! Lol! I have reached out to the Etsy person I use to make a new personalized autograph book for my DD6 - so that's in the works. We are staying CL so I emailed the new service for that to introduce ourselves. I started to put together a Garden Grocer order - so that at 60 days I am ready to order to be sure we get the discount. I had DD6 try on her disney shirts to see which ones still fit - only 3 do! Looks like I'll be on the hunt for some new ones! I haven't started our real touring plan yet - although I am quite tempted!

I still need to finish our shutter fly album from our August trip - I have to make sure that is done before we go in June! I don't want a back-log of albums! lol!

I, too, am impatiently waiting. I'm so bored I'm ready to do my taxes so I can get my refund since that's our Mickey money. Then I can pay my friend, whom I rented points from, put the money I "borrowed" from savings for the tickets, back in my acct, and get our food/souvenir budgets set up.

I have printed off all the menus of where we are eating and I decided what I (and the boys) will most likely eat, DH decided and now I just need to add it all up.

I started on my touring plans.

No packing list yet though I have boxes in the guest bedroom of stuff we have dedicated for the trip, as well as clothes for the boys. I have bought most of my DH's shirts. He didn't really have much as this is his first trip in 35 years!! He wanted Disney polos so I got him a few off the Disney sites and some off eBay, but I think I want to order him one or two custom printed shirts as well.

I will eventually have a plan for what clothes on what day for me and the boys but that will be awhile.

I started filing out a spreadsheet.

But yes, I just keep imagining travel day and everything, hopefully, falling into place and us getting out the door by 6 (we are driving from Atlanta) and arriving early afternoon to Wilderness Lodge, where we have never stayed, and just being in awe of how beautiful it will be! And the next day, getting up and getting to Magic Kingdom and Main Street to just soak it all up.

Last year was my first trip in 4 years and the first with both my boys (2 & 4 at the time) so it really was a learning experience. I feel like I just know more and will be better prepared than last year, which was a wonderful trip but there were several hiccups.

We are at 126 days and I really need that to get to double digits! :)

I, too, am impatiently waiting. I'm so bored I'm ready to do my taxes so I can get my refund since that's our Mickey money.

Yes same here! I'm using my tax return to fill in the rest of the gap for our food since we aren't doing the dining plan. I'm also waiting for the sale of my late grandmother's home to come through. My brother and I are splitting the proceeds, and a fraction will go into paying off the balance of the trip. Once that comes through and gets settled, I'll feel much better about this "splurge" upgrade to a deluxe. I'm really hoping the new pool and renovations with Roaring Fork will be done by that time too, but who knows with Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter