***The Official June 2016 Thread***

Hi everyone,

So nice to see that it's not only me who is super excited 3 months out!

So here's my ADR's for May/June - Did I do ok?
I'm on the DDP.

Sunday 22 May - arrive from UK at 13:45 in Orlando Sanford
CANCELLED (as a kind Diser pointed out, I might not make it!) - Early dinner - Captain's Grille - Y&B Club (1TS)

Monday 23 May
Dinner - Biergarten Restaurant - Epcot (1TS)

Tuesday 24 May
Dinner - Cinderella's Royal Table - MK (2TS)

Wednesday 25 May
Dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern - MK (1TS)

Thursday 26 May
Dinner - Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic package (1TS)

Friday 27 May
Lunch - Tusker House Restaurant - AK (1TS)

Saturday 28 May
Dinner - Beaches and Cream - Y&B Club (1TS)

Sunday 29 May
Breakfast - Cape May Cafe - Y&B Club (1TS)

Monday 30 May
Dinner - Akershus Royal Banquet - Epcot (1TS)

Tuesday 31 May
Lunch - Be Our Guest (1QS)
Dinner - Captain's Grille (ITS)

Wednesday 1 June
None

Thursday 2 June - Dad's 65th birthday!
Dinner - HDDMR - Fort Wilderness (2TS)

Friday 3 June
Breakfast - The Crystal Palace - MK (1TS)
Dinner - Paradiso 37 - Disney Springs (1TS)

Saturday 4 June
Dinner - San Angel Inn - Epcot (1TS)

Sunday 5 June - home time :-( depart for airport at 11:30 - 12ish
None

I'm totalling 15 Table Service Credits - 1 over! Oops! I will just pay OOP for one.

Hi everyone, I just booked this weekend for June 8-12 at POFQ. It will just be me and my son, so it will be an adventure! I have never stayed at a Disney resort before and it is our second trip to Disney World. I'm currently working on dining reservations and struggling on the best choices for us. We are doing the dining plan. I have an 8:40 am reservation for BOG on the Magic Kingdom day. I'm concerned that we are cutting it too close to rope drop, as we want to make sure and hit the rides first thing. One post said that as long as you have a before opening reservation, BOG will let you in to eat anytime. I would really like to be in to eat by 8:15. Can anyone confirm this? I have been hitting the reservations link early each morning hoping to get an earlier slot.
Also, I am struggling with where to have a late night dinner on our Epcot day. I currently have a 9:35 reservation at O'hana, but thinking about trying to get Cape May instead. Thoughts? Thanks a bunch!!
Amy

Hi everyone, I just booked this weekend for June 8-12 at POFQ. It will just be me and my son, so it will be an adventure! I have never stayed at a Disney resort before and it is our second trip to Disney World. I'm currently working on dining reservations and struggling on the best choices for us. We are doing the dining plan. I have an 8:40 am reservation for BOG on the Magic Kingdom day. I'm concerned that we are cutting it too close to rope drop, as we want to make sure and hit the rides first thing. One post said that as long as you have a before opening reservation, BOG will let you in to eat anytime. I would really like to be in to eat by 8:15. Can anyone confirm this? I have been hitting the reservations link early each morning hoping to get an earlier slot.
Also, I am struggling with where to have a late night dinner on our Epcot day. I currently have a 9:35 reservation at O'hana, but thinking about trying to get Cape May instead. Thoughts? Thanks a bunch!!
Amy
Several years ago we had a reservation for breakfast at the crystal palace and they wouldn't let us through the gate until maybe 15 minutes before our reservation time. I don't know if rules have changed or not.
We had lunch at the Hibachi grill in the Japan area of Epcot once and the kids LOVED it! The older three were probably middle school ages and youngest was maybe kindergarten when we ate there. They have asked to go back this time but we can't fit it into the schedule.

Joining in! We are SSR 1 bedroom + dining for June 4 - June 11. Just bought my tickets about 10 minutes ago!!! YAH! 107 days to go! Almost to double digits!!! (Now I'll go back and read through the thread...)

This morning I was able to get both our BOG breakfast reservations bumped to 8:10 am. I'm excited about that and hoping we will get some good pictures of Main Street with no one there as we walk to breakfast.
Great to hear that about Teppan Edo. We have it booked for our Epcot lunch and my son loves Japanese food. I was hoping it would be good.
I heard somewhere that on the regular dining plan you were limited to how many table service meals you get in a day. Is that the case? On our Epcot day, I was hoping to do Teppan Edo for lunch (1TS) and another for dinner, either O'hana or Cape May. Is that possible to do on the dining plan without paying OOP? With single mom / teacher salary, I'm hoping to limit our OOP expenses. Thanks!

Teacher here, too. We get out the week before Memorial Day but I didn't want to do Memorial Day week, so we booked for the next week.

An overview of our plans:
Fri 6/3 Leave Atlanta around 6pm (hoping boys sleep in car), drive to Lake City, FL. Spend the night.
Sat 6/4 Breakfast at hotel, drive to WDW/SSR. Check in. QS Lunch at Artist Palette. MK (hopefully in by 3pm), QS dinner Cosmic Rays.
Sun 6/5 Light food in room, Rope drop MK, 10:15 TS Crystal Palace, 3:30 Pirate's League for 4.5 yr old, QS dinner Columbia Harbor House, Wishes.
Mon 6/6 Light food in room, 10am TS Cape May, Epcot, QS dinner??? Illuminations.
Tues 6/7 Light food in room, Rope drop AK, 10:40 TS Tusker House, 5:45 TS Yak&Yeti, Rivers of Light
Wed 6/8 Light food in room, rope drop Epcot (may change if NO Frozen or Soarin), QS lunch?, Disney Springs, 5:30 T-Rex
Thurs 6/9 Light food in room, rope drop MK, 11am BOG, 5:30 Chef Mickey's, MSEP
Fri 6/10 Light food in room, rope drop DHS, either lunch or dinner F! package at Hollywood & Vine, QS Starring Rolls lunch?, Fantasmic.

Almost every day we have a mid-day break planned for pool, bath, nap. We have our car and will drive to most parks (my dad has a handicap placard therefore we can park close), but probably not rope drop at MK (will take bus).

Krd, it's just a little booklet explaining the Disney process. I just received my second one yesterday. Not sure why.

Does anyone know if the UK receive the same letters/mail? I know we don't receive magic bands / luggage tags etc.

TIA!

Just got the matching shirts I had ordered from the Disney store! They were on sale, plus free shipping plus my Disney Visa got me 10% off so they ended up only costing about $10 each! Yay! I have officially started my packing stack of Disney trip stuff. ;) Is anyone planning on making shirts? I thought I might try simple bleach pen Mickey Mouse heads.

Thanks. I love getting Disney mail.

visit disneyworld.com/incredible it's a fun link sent in the package... I do not know why everyone does not get one, my sister is traveling a day after our family and she has not received anything,, I just received my second one today.

I will be there June 4-11 so excited. Staying at AoA (Lion King Suite), QS dining, just received my incredible "welcome" pack in the mail....so so excited!!!

I got one of those - nearly messed up my surprise!!! I didn't know they did that. Thankfully hubby thought it was just junk mail.

Just a heads up (if you haven't heard already)...
Android users are able to see loaded reservations for Tusker House/Rivers of Light packages in the MDE app. No word yet on when they will be available to book, but they're coming, and for all 3 meals and 3 showtimes available at each meal.

Android users are able to see loaded reservations for Tusker House/Rivers of Light packages in the MDE app. No word yet on when they will be available to book, but they're coming, and for all 3 meals and 3 showtimes available at each meal.
Yep. My co-worker saw them today.

Three showtimes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter