• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official June 2016 Thread***

We just decided last night to plan for June 25- July 1, 2016! I went to book my room at Caribbean Beach and it is showing nothing available but a Pirate room. Is something big going on that week?

We're at CBR that week with my daughter's dance company. I'm guessing there are a bunch of companies staying there since I tried to add a couple days on and only pirate rooms were available.

Booked 6/24-7/1 at CBR. Got all the ADRs we wanted...now I'm ready to go. The wait is painful!

I was wondering this too. This thread seems very quiet, at least compared to other trip threads I have been in the past. :) Of course we are in the holding pattern phase of planning right now, not much to do but wait. :)

I know the Caribbean Beach thread has a list, but I couldn't find one on the Coronado thread.

We (I) just booked our trip yesterday. It was a spur of the moment thing. So happy to be going with my nephew and my bf. They've never been. My son and I have been 4 times. 144 days to go!!

So, things might be changing for us - we're (OK, it's mainly ME) looking at changing hotels AND I'm trying to talk DH into going the day before - but we would just do a room only for that night. I have our arrival day already planned and then SW came out with flights and their earliest non-stop flight is WAY later than I'm willing to do so I have us planning on flying out on Delta and home on SW - but DH is not a fan of that plan.

I told him it was easy to fix - just fly out the day before on SW's non-stop flight and we'll make it a non-park day and head to Disney Springs and get in some pool time too!

The kids are up for it, but DH is still on the fence..

fingers crossed we get an extra day!!

(and like a good Disney pre-planner I've already booked dinner for that night just in case!!)

Hi everyone. I just booked 2 rooms at POFQ for June 10th - 17th. :yay:It will be myself, hubby, daughter, 2 granddaughters and my mom. This will be my mom's first trip to the world and our 5th. I am so excited to take my mom. 3 years since we have been so I am already researching all the changes. I love the planning part.

I'm sort of late to the party!

We are booked June 8-18. We will be staying at Kidani Village in a 2 BR villa. Room and flights are paid in full. We have a group of 8 so this has been an interesting endeavor so far on my part with planning a first trip. Our party consists of DH, Me, DS (23), DS (21), DS (17), His GF (17), DD (7), and my mother.

I am still halfway undecided on ADR's but this is our current plan.

June 8- Arrival day. I have no clue what we are doing, lol. Play at the pool and check out Disney Springs?
June 9- BBB (8:30 AM) for DD. BOG lunch
June 10- Akershus breakfast (currently have 8 am and 10:00 am debating on which to keep)
June 11- no dining plans
June 12- Tusker House breakfast (currently have 8 AM and 10:30 AM, debating on which to keep)
June 13- 'Ohana dinner (6:30 PM, DS's 23'rd birthday)
June 14- CRT Breakfast (8:15 AM, only half the group.) BOG dinner (whole group)
June 15- Beaches and Cream Lunch (or maybe just ice cream)
June 16- BOG breakfast (8 am)
June 17- no dining plans
June 18- Boma breakfast, play in the pool then head home.

I probably won't keep all the BOG ressies. At first DD said absolutely not to the Beast. I grabbed a dinner just in case she changed her mind. And she is now wavering between wanting a picture and staying far far away. We'll also have makings for sandwiches and breakfast in the room.

Next step I suppose will be to buy all the tickets. Oh boy...

I'm sort of late to the party!

We are booked June 8-18. We will be staying at Kidani Village in a 2 BR villa. Room and flights are paid in full. We have a group of 8 so this has been an interesting endeavor so far on my part with planning a first trip. Our party consists of DH, Me, DS (23), DS (21), DS (17), His GF (17), DD (7), and my mother.

I am still halfway undecided on ADR's but this is our current plan.

June 8- Arrival day. I have no clue what we are doing, lol. Play at the pool and check out Disney Springs?
June 9- BBB (8:30 AM) for DD. BOG lunch
June 10- Akershus breakfast (currently have 8 am and 10:00 am debating on which to keep)
June 11- no dining plans
June 12- Tusker House breakfast (currently have 8 AM and 10:30 AM, debating on which to keep)
June 13- 'Ohana dinner (6:30 PM, DS's 23'rd birthday)
June 14- CRT Breakfast (8:15 AM, only half the group.) BOG dinner (whole group)
June 15- Beaches and Cream Lunch (or maybe just ice cream)
June 16- BOG breakfast (8 am)
June 17- no dining plans
June 18- Boma breakfast, play in the pool then head home.

I probably won't keep all the BOG ressies. At first DD said absolutely not to the Beast. I grabbed a dinner just in case she changed her mind. And she is now wavering between wanting a picture and staying far far away. We'll also have makings for sandwiches and breakfast in the room.

Next step I suppose will be to buy all the tickets. Oh boy...
We have to buy our tickets too. Since we are off site this time I may go with Undercover Tourist.
Your dining plan looks great. We can't do more than one table service a day, we feel like we waste too much park time! The only time we tried Beaches and Cream was for the "Kitchen Sink". Oh. My.

We have to buy our tickets too. Since we are off site this time I may go with Undercover Tourist.
Your dining plan looks great. We can't do more than one table service a day, we feel like we waste too much park time! The only time we tried Beaches and Cream was for the "Kitchen Sink". Oh. My.

Actually, the kitchen sink is the reason for the ADR!

well, I did it!! I switched us from Beach Club to the Grand Floridian AND I convinced DH that we should go up a day earlier! So, I booked a room only at the GF for the night before our package starts..

Then I booked flights so there's no going back now!!!

Can't wait for the GF!!

well, lets be honest - I can't wait for WDW!!

So I have already made changes. :) We decided to move to Art of Animation family suite. It will be easier to all be together with 2 family members having medical issues and the layout of space works better for us.

This is our 9th visit to WDW. This year we are staying in royal rooms at POR in Magnolia Bend. We will be there 6/01-6/08. Hoping that my fav attraction Soarin will be up and running!! We are getting quick service and making a couple of ADRs. The TS does not work for us either and wastes a lot of time. We eat when we want and not all of us eat at the same time! There are 6 of us and we have a ball every time we go! Soooo looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Yay, I'm going June 5th (my 40th birthday). Staying offsite. From Canada, and our dollar is in toilet right now so everything is about 30% more expensive than usual for us. GULP.

Have 7 days total, planning at least a day or two in US (oldest daughter is Harry Potter obsessed right now). WDW portion of the trip is totally in flux because my daughters are Frozen-obsessed (like everyone else), so waiting to see what will be happening with EPCOT and meet and greets. Have a few ADRs at Akershus in case we can't get FPs ready in hopes that will help (particularly breakfast).

Of course I'm fully obsessing about the daily plan and it's so hard not knowing what's going to be happening with the Frozen stuff. If by some miracle it's all up and running, and by some further divine intervention we get FP on the days that we want, I'm thinking:

Arrival Day: EPCOT
Day 2: MK (or maybe US because crowd calendar is not great for this day)
Day 3: MK or US (opposite of Day 2)
Day 4: Water park (we've been to Blizzard Beach and loved it, but trying to decide whether we go back or try Typhoon Lagoon) and maybe HS in the evening
Day 5: US again, or AK
Day 6: Opposite of Day 5
Day 7: Last day at MK

We booked last night!:smickey: It's our 2nd visit. June 5-11 . All star movies preferred room. We can't wait!

We are officially booked now as well, CBR June 18-23! :) Celebrating my 40th bday. Can't wait! Bummed that BTM will be closed, but hoping that Soarin will be open by then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter