• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

Still playing with ADRs...

Thoughts on the Fantasmic dining pkg - worth it? I don't think I want to give up a FP for Fantasmic, so I had planned on doing the Fantasmic pkg. Right now we have a dinner ADR at Mama Melrose's. How is it? Never been...good things to order?

Also, we have an 8:15am ADR at Crystal Palace and the Wishes dessert party that night. Late lunch? Early dinner? QS or TS? Stay at the park or go to one of the resorts?

Decisions decisions... :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are booked for July 2nd thru the 5th.

We will be using the dining plan for the first time (DW wants to try it out). On the 3rd we are going to MK and have an ADR at The Crystal Palace. On the 4th we are going to AK and then have an ADR at Chef Mickey’s. From there we plan to go to the beach at the Poly and watch the fireworks for the 4th. We haven’t decided what we are doing the day we arrive yet. We are toying with just staying at the resort and eating at Boatwright’s, but we are also toying with going to Cape May Café because we haven’t been to that part of the world yet.

One thing is for sure though somehow, someway I’m going to Riverside for their create your own pasta. We stayed there for spring break last year and it was awesome!!!!!

:welcome: Glad you found us! I will post your information on the appropriate locations! Settle in and Dis on! We are a good bunch of helpful, fun people here.

Hope you still hang around.
And no DLR is not the dark side, ( Universal is lol) it's seems like the bright side right about now.

Well a little off topic but:

I wanted to let offsiters know how FP+ was for us yesterday. We are here now. We went to HS yesterday. Arrived around 9:30. Was able to get FP+ for TSM 9:55, ST 10:55and since we needed 3 and couldn't get RNRC :( we got LMA show.
We did TSM then walked on to GMR (posted 5 min) then did SR line for RNRC only waited maybe 10 min. Headed to ST for FP time. We had ADR at Sci-Fi for 11:15. It really was perfect timing. Got there at 11:20, got pager and was called not even 5 min. Later.
So overall it was a great morning at HS, but I know it won't be that easy in July. :(
Yesterday's crowd level was a 5, so I know that's why we were able to get such an early time for TSM.
What we DONT like is not being able to PH w FP+ I REALLY hope this eventually changes. I don't know how Disney will sell PH if they don't.
After lunch the kids wanted to head over to EP. We rode SR line for TT (about 20 min. Wait)
Then SE about 10 min.
Then we walked around WS for snacks and drinks.
Wish we could've gotten FP for Soarin. :(

WOW!!! Sounds like it wasn't to challenging for you. Sorry you were not able to ride some of your favorite FP rides when you wanted too.

LOL - Universal is the Dark Side :lmao:thanks.

Hope you and your family can ride, ride, ride all of your favorite rides... Midori and I want you and your family to have the best Disney Vacation ever..:thumbsup2

Order a Ruben Sandwich for me while you are dining at Sci-Fi..:rotfl:Did you ask for Sarah from Great Britain??

:wave2: Everyone

The following ADR's have been canceled..

July 12th – Splits Ville Dinner 4:30 PM
July 13th – The Plaza Lunch 12:20 PM
July 13th - BOG – Dinner 6:30 PM
July 13th – BOG – Dinner 8:10 PM
July 14th – Sci-Fi Lunch 11:45 PM
July 15th – Via Napoli Lunch 12:45 PM
July 16th – Ohana’s Dinner 7:05 PM
July 18th - Plaza Lunch 12:00 PM
July 18th – BOG Dinner 6:10 PM
July 19th – 50’s Prime Time Lunch 1:10 PM
July 20th – Tony’s Lunch 12:50 PM

Love You All - Bob :goodvibes

WOW!!! Sounds like it wasn't to challenging for you. Sorry you were not able to ride some of your favorite FP rides when you wanted too. LOL - Universal is the Dark Side :lmao:thanks. Hope you and your family can ride, ride, ride all of your favorite rides... Midori and I want you and your family to have the best Disney Vacation ever..:thumbsup2 Order a Ruben Sandwich for me while you are dining at Sci-Fi..:rotfl:Did you ask for Sarah from Great Britain??

Thanks Bob! I do remember that you like the Reuben. I got the salmon BLT it was delish!! We had great service!! I can't remember her name but she was from N.Y. She was awesome!!!

It was a better day than expected. But like I said it was a low crowd day. I think I'm more concerned than most bc we are offsite.
But I totally get why you're trying DLR. I still don't like the limit of FP and only being able to use them in one park a day. My DH is so done. Lol

Joining in for July 2-6. Many trips to Disney but first time during 4th of July festivities. Also first time at Beach Club! Have 3 day park hoppers with 1 free water park option and dining plan - just DH and me. Current plans:
July 2 - Arrive Orlando Airport 8 am, ME to BC, Swim at resort with lunch at Hurricane Hannah's, Typhoon Lagoon 4-8 pm
July 3 - MK at rope drop, BOG lunch, Afternoon Resort, Fireworks Dessert Party,Evening Extra Magic Hours MK
July 4 - Sleep in, EPCOT afternoon, 4 pm supper at La Hacienda (new for us),Boat to HS for fireworks and music
July 5 - DH Birthday - HS(EMH), 11am breakfast at Kona Cafe (favorite), MK for new afternoon parade, EPCOT for 7:50 ressie at Rose and Crown (for Illuminations)
July 6 - Swim at resort, 1 pm lunch at Kona Cafe, Town Car at 4 pm to Royal Pacific Resort

Joining in for July 2-6. Many trips to Disney but first time during 4th of July festivities. Also first time at Beach Club! Have 3 day park hoppers with 1 free water park option and dining plan - just DH and me. Current plans:
July 2 - Arrive Orlando Airport 8 am, ME to BC, Swim at resort with lunch at Hurricane Hannah's, Typhoon Lagoon 4-8 pm
July 3 - MK at rope drop, BOG lunch, Afternoon Resort, Fireworks Dessert Party,Evening Extra Magic Hours MK
July 4 - Sleep in, EPCOT afternoon, 4 pm supper at La Hacienda (new for us),Boat to HS for fireworks and music
July 5 - DH Birthday - HS(EMH), 11am breakfast at Kona Cafe (favorite), MK for new afternoon parade, EPCOT for 7:50 ressie at Rose and Crown (for Illuminations)
July 6 - Swim at resort, 1 pm lunch at Kona Cafe, Town Car at 4 pm to Royal Pacific Resort

:welcome: to our group! Glad to have you with us. I will get you added to the front page, touring page and the ADR page. Check them out and see if you have any matches with other Disers that you could meet!

Joining in for July 2-6. Many trips to Disney but first time during 4th of July festivities. Also first time at Beach Club! Have 3 day park hoppers with 1 free water park option and dining plan - just DH and me. Current plans: July 2 - Arrive Orlando Airport 8 am, ME to BC, Swim at resort with lunch at Hurricane Hannah's, Typhoon Lagoon 4-8 pm July 3 - MK at rope drop, BOG lunch, Afternoon Resort, Fireworks Dessert Party,Evening Extra Magic Hours MK July 4 - Sleep in, EPCOT afternoon, 4 pm supper at La Hacienda (new for us),Boat to HS for fireworks and music July 5 - DH Birthday - HS(EMH), 11am breakfast at Kona Cafe (favorite), MK for new afternoon parade, EPCOT for 7:50 ressie at Rose and Crown (for Illuminations) July 6 - Swim at resort, 1 pm lunch at Kona Cafe, Town Car at 4 pm to Royal Pacific Resort

Sounds BUSY!! I think seeing 4th of July fireworks at Disney would be awesome! :-)

Anybody have any tips for where to watch the fireworks on the 4th? Possibility of flying in on the 4th, staying at POR, so we should have a good half day...does MK close due to crowds usually? Do they ever open back up later? What if you have an ADR? Are you guaranteed entrance then? Does Epcot or HS do special 4th of July fireworks? Where is there a schedule of the times for the fireworks? Thinking maybe a late dinner or something at a resort and watching from the resort beach? I'm guessing the pirate and pals cruise is booked for that night most likely. Otherwise that would be a fun option perhaps?

Or should I stick to the next week instead? 7/11-7/16 timeframe...

Anybody have any tips for where to watch the fireworks on the 4th? Possibility of flying in on the 4th, staying at POR, so we should have a good half day...does MK close due to crowds usually? Do they ever open back up later? What if you have an ADR? Are you guaranteed entrance then? Does Epcot or HS do special 4th of July fireworks? Where is there a schedule of the times for the fireworks? Thinking maybe a late dinner or something at a resort and watching from the resort beach? I'm guessing the pirate and pals cruise is booked for that night most likely. Otherwise that would be a fun option perhaps?

Or should I stick to the next week instead? 7/11-7/16 timeframe...

I have been once during the 4th of July.... OMG and double OMG.... You think the tour groups and us summer vacationers flood the parks during July...:lmao: During the 4th - the crowd makes you think that its the last day WDW will be open for business......:lmao:

You have 3 Options - :rotfl2:and only my opinion... OK??? :bitelip:
1. Go during the 4th and enjoy yourselves and watch the festivities by the castle...with 40,000,000,000 other Disney Maniacs like us on this thread.
2. Go during the 4th and go to the Beach of Poly (Early) and kick back and enjoy the festivities.
3. Stay home and watch it live via web cam from the Beach of the Poly and go during 7/11 - 7/16 and celebrate my B-Day on the 16th. :thumbsup2

Forgot - Usually, you'll find a Dis-Post with the web cam link about the 3rd week in June. advertising " Watch the 4th of July Fireworks from Polynesian Resort."

I have been once during the 4th of July.... OMG and double OMG.... You think the tour groups and us summer vacationers flood the parks during July...:lmao: During the 4th - the crowd makes you think that its the last day WDW will be open for business......:lmao:

You have 3 Options - :rotfl2:and only my opinion... OK??? :bitelip:
1. Go during the 4th and enjoy yourselves and watch the festivities by the castle...with 40,000,000,000 other Disney Maniacs like us on this thread.
2. Go during the 4th and go to the Beach of Poly (Early) and kick back and enjoy the festivities.
3. Stay home and watch it live via web cam from the Beach of the Poly and go during 7/11 - 7/16 and celebrate my B-Day on the 16th. :thumbsup2

Forgot - Usually, you'll find a Dis-Post with the web cam link about the 3rd week in June. advertising " Watch the 4th of July Fireworks from Polynesian Resort."

Ditto!! The time we went on July 3 it was also an EMH night. I can't even begin to explain the OMG of the night! We are used to summer crowds but it was actually borderline scary. At one point my sister and I stopped to help upright a woman in a wheelchair that had been pushed over! Spectro (2nd showing) was actually an hour or more late starting because there was no open path to get the floats through!

Ditto!! The time we went on July 3 it was also an EMH night. I can't even begin to explain the OMG of the night! We are used to summer crowds but it was actually borderline scary. At one point my sister and I stopped to help upright a woman in a wheelchair that had been pushed over! Spectro (2nd showing) was actually an hour or more late starting because there was no open path to get the floats through!

All this talk about the crowds is getting scary now. I've been so steadfast 'nothing is going to ruin my honeymoon' but now I'm really scared about these crowds. We are doing MK on July 3rd and have a late lunch ADR booked and have Wishes Dessert Party booked to ensure we take a break in the middle of the day and hopefully to avoid the firework crowds but I'm still scared now. I'm aware that it is just going to be a 'do whatever you can' sort of day and we will take it as it comes but these comments are seriously scary?!

On the 4th we are doing Epcot with an ADR booked for lunch and an ADR booked for a late dinner as we are booked onto the DiveQuest tour that day and then plan to stay into the evening to see the fireworks there ( but I'm hoping because of the size of Epcot the mass amount of crowds won't feel so awful or scary?)

Have we made a terrible mistake.......up until now I've just been really excited

P.S I would happily stay away from parks on those two days but fiancé is adamant he wants to see the special fireworks!

We were there for July 4th a few years ago. See the fireworks at MK on the third it was crowded but not horrible. On the 4th we went to HS in the morning and AK in the afternoon. Rode expedition Everest multiple times w/out fast pass, rode a practically empty safari and had dinner at Yak and Yeti. Place was empty. If you don't have to see fireworks on the fourth go to HS or AK that day.

All this talk about the crowds is getting scary now. I've been so steadfast 'nothing is going to ruin my honeymoon' but now I'm really scared about these crowds. We are doing MK on July 3rd and have a late lunch ADR booked and have Wishes Dessert Party booked to ensure we take a break in the middle of the day and hopefully to avoid the firework crowds but I'm still scared now. I'm aware that it is just going to be a 'do whatever you can' sort of day and we will take it as it comes but these comments are seriously scary?!

On the 4th we are doing Epcot with an ADR booked for lunch and an ADR booked for a late dinner as we are booked onto the DiveQuest tour that day and then plan to stay into the evening to see the fireworks there ( but I'm hoping because of the size of Epcot the mass amount of crowds won't feel so awful or scary?)

Have we made a terrible mistake.......up until now I've just been really excited

P.S I would happily stay away from parks on those two days but fiancé is adamant he wants to see the special fireworks!

Aw! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to worry you. You actually have the perfect plan. When we went on the third we also did the dessert party and it drastically cut down on our exposure to the crazy. I still call it the #1 best Disney decision I've ever made! I think the fact that it was an EMH night made it so much worse. We couldn't leave the dessert party because they were routing everyone to the exit backstage next to the party. We explained we were staying for EMH so they let us through. The main craziness was the bottleneck that happened on Main St between people trying to leave and people trying to go enjoy EMH. Will it just be you and your fiancé? We were all able bodies adults so we handled it fine, but I saw quite a few strollers and wheelchairs in tricky situations!

Oh, and you FOR SURE want to see the special fireworks at the MK, I can't even begin to explain how amazing they are!!

Sorry - did not mean to put doubt into your mind.. :sad2: Sometimes my sense of humor tends to get me into trouble...

The 4th of July fireworks display is truly amazing and it will be a mistake to miss just because of my way of describing the crowds.. It's no different than any special Holiday at Disney parks. People go to Disney because the parks are so festive.

Stay with your plans, you'll be happy you did. If you are able to tour the park in the morning, scope out the areas you would like to plant you and your family to sit/stand to watch the fireworks.

When you get to your destination that evening... don't move because you think the grass is greener on the other side... I have made that mistake and put my family into a position of disappointment. This would be my DD---- :furious:

Hope this is better description and answer to ease your thoughts. :goodvibes:goodvibes

For all the snowbound Northerners anxiously awaiting their July Disney trips!!
:rotfl::rotfl:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/21/bob-herzog-frozen-parody-let-it-go_n_4834259.html
That was awesome!
I'm one of the crazies doing MK on the 4th.
I can't remember which parks we're doing on the 3rd. I do know we're ending the day with dinner at Cape May and an Illuminations cruise. The next morning we're heading to MOM. I have 3 ADRs booked. I hope they will give us a chance to relax and get away from the crowds a bit. I plan to use Hall of Presidents, COP and the People Mover as quick (can that word even be used on that day????) air conditioned, resting places.

Off to watch 4th of July park video on You tube.

disneyjunkie said:
That was awesome!
I'm one of the crazies doing MK on the 4th.
I can't remember which parks we're doing on the 3rd. I do know we're ending the day with dinner at Cape May and an Illuminations cruise. The next morning we're heading to MOM. I have 3 ADRs booked. I hope they will give us a chance to relax and get away from the crowds a bit. I plan to use Hall of Presidents, COP and the People Mover as quick (can that word even be used on that day????) air conditioned, resting places.

Off to watch 4th of July park video on You tube.

We do love You Tube don't we?

Aw! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to worry you. You actually have the perfect plan. When we went on the third we also did the dessert party and it drastically cut down on our exposure to the crazy. I still call it the #1 best Disney decision I've ever made! I think the fact that it was an EMH night made it so much worse. We couldn't leave the dessert party because they were routing everyone to the exit backstage next to the party. We explained we were staying for EMH so they let us through. The main craziness was the bottleneck that happened on Main St between people trying to leave and people trying to go enjoy EMH. Will it just be you and your fiancé? We were all able bodies adults so we handled it fine, but I saw quite a few strollers and wheelchairs in tricky situations!

It will just be me and my fiancé (well then husband! Aargh!) and we are pretty good at doing the weave through busy crowds together! I'm so glad to hear the positive side of it, that all the crazy crowds are worth it!

I think I just had that niggle in my mind ever since we suddenly realised we were going to be there over the Fourth of July that it was going to be a nightmare, but it's reassuring to hear that we are doing the right sort of things to ease it all for us - it is our honeymoon after all and I want it to be amazing, not a nightmare!

Ok, mini panic over - back to being excited about it all!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter